Pending Remove Pinch Berries from SV "Popular Items" list

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Somewhat of a simple request, ever since the pinch berry nerf, these items haven't seriously been used in Competitive and clutter the Popular items screen. Furthermore this could lead newer players to believe that these items are commonly used, when they are in fact not.

Specifically talking about Aguav Berry, Figy Berry, Iapapa Berry, Mago Berry and Wiki Berry.

1701449959194.png

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
speaking of berries and the popular items list, given the pinch berry nerfs, would it make sense to re-add the Sitrus Berry? (either in general or for specific formats like vgc)

i don't really know how the popular items function works, so if this is not ideal or infeasible i totally get it, just thought i'd mention in case

list of current gen pokemon with a moveset recommending the sitrus berry, it is pretty long

I personally think that not only the berries should be removed of the popular items section, maybe we should add to the discussion the reason why the Expert Belt, Power Herb or even the Mental herb still in this section, yea, they worked seasons away or even gens, but that is not reason to staying in the list, they have a specific use but that is all, they are not enough used to be there. (not knowing or considering the way that popular items work)

By other way, should be added some items, principally new ones such as:
- Loaded Dice
- Covert Cloak
- Air Balloon
- Safety Googles
- Clear Amulet
- Sitrus Berry

Here some of my personal proposals, maybe not as used or competitive but they still have more use than the ¨popular items¨ before mentioned
- Light Clay
- Throat Spray

And finally, it maybe would be fine to do more usage of the ¨Specific to X¨ like with Paradox, Ogerpon, Arceus, etc. i don't actually know how easy could be this implemented, but would be cool to see also a division between VGC and Single formats, i still see heavy-duty boots mons being sended to VGC teambuilding chats.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Wanted to bump this, as I think it's still fairly relevant. Especially think making a category for Booster Energy could be important due to its prevalence :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)