Relatively new OU team that kinda needs some help

Hello!!!
hello everyone,i recently made this team in hopes of getting near perfect typing,i almost succeeded! only one poke is weak to each type except fire and ground iirc, but i have immunities for those! so the synergy is relatively strong!. It really helped me get to about 1250 on the ladder,but for some reason it isnt working too well anymore, so i was hoping maybe you guys could help me out a little bit!

The main idea of the team is supposed to be offensive, but i find myself on the defense a lot nowadays <_<

I Hax You (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Trick

My Lead!
This thing is magnificent. I love to trick the scarf to perts and Blisseys,it handles aero leads well,screws up non trick gross leads,and it can handle azelf too! I have different strats depending on the lead usually, if its gross,i usually trick,then SR,then U-turn if im faster than the switch in. If its pert,same idea,if its Aero or zelf,i usually iron head twice(gotta break the sash),n other rachis i always SR cause they pretty much always try to trick,then i go to lati and mess the next switch in up,but thats coming later. The best thing about this lead is that its still effective late game,especially if it still has the scarf. I almost feel bad about how many times ive won games off flinch hax,but like someone i respect says,its pokemon,what do you expect? EVs ensure max speed and attack, iron head for STAB and flinch hax,SR for obvious reasons,U-turn to switch out while doing some damage, and trick to screw up other pokes!

Red Hot (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP/200 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Substitute
The Shocker!
This set was recommended to me by a bunch of people, and it has a major surprise factor,ive probably seen 2 LO trans in all my time of playing. Usually i switch in on something that fears scarftran,like a rachi with low HP,a scizor,gross,magnezone,you get the idea. Then that gives me time to set a sub up when they switch! Then i Toxic the switch in,and eat away at it with fire blast and earth power. The EVs are kind of noobish i guess,but i couldnt think of anything better.lol. Went with modest for max power behind the sub,since speed isnt a very big issue when i have a sub.

Four Arms (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Stone Edge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Status Absorber!

By this point i had a good lead,and a sweeper,but i wanted a status absorber,and this thing went great with my final team's typing,plus with the no guard factor,i just had to use it. i like to switch this thing in on status users,like breloom, heatran usually is the thing i switch in for will o wisp users,but if its dead,this thing gets the job done, i have trouble pulling off a rest sometimes though from the pretty bad speed stat though,there was a time i tried scarfchamp though...this is much better....again,very standard EVs,they assure bulk and maximum power. Moves are pretty straight forward,Dpunch for STAB,confusion, and good base power,all made possible by no guard! SE is there for those pesky flying types that swich into champ,it helps a lot with gyara too. Rest and sleep talk are the reason its called Rest talker,so if im low on health,or get statused,ill rest and use sleep talk to continue attacking while asleep!!

Salamander (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/108 Atk/100 Def/144 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Main Sweeper!

One of my all time faves!!!! This thing always turns out to be the star of the show, i like to switch into scizor usually,i always get a DD. DD to set up,water fall for good STAB and flinch chance,SE for other gyara,to hit grass types for neutral,and other flying types, eq is for steels,fire types,basically w/e waterfall and SE cant handle. I went with jolly cause most people run adamant, and i like speed. With 168 speed EVs and jolly nature, after one DD,gyara outspeeds all base 130s!!! Yes,after one DD,it outspeeds jolteon and OHKOs with eq. Max attack,and why not put the rest into HP? Lefties for a little more time to live,LO drained me way too fast.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Revenger/Sweeper#2

Ah,scizor,the generic revenge killer/sweeper. I send this guy in on Ttars a lot,most dont have the prediction to use fire punch, it handles latias great,pretty much always getting the kill when revenging with pursuit. it handles celebis without HP fire also. Usually when i switch it in to something i threaten,i U-turn,then i can switch to something else that handles their switch in. Super power to handle other steels,bullet punch for techinician+STAB+Band+Scizor's high attack+priority=EPIC. U-turn for more STAB and switch out in case of magnezone. pursuit for trapping. Max attack,lots of HP,and a tiny bit of speed.

Techno Dragon (Latias) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Surf
Best Revenger Ever!

IMO,this is the best revenger ever,its saved my ass so many times now. this thing always kills unexpecting gyaras with Tbolt, and Draco Meteor does soooooo much damage,i was shocked when i saw what it could do. I trick the scarf sometimes to cripple common bliss switch ins or perts,sometimes even zongs. surf for coverage,lets me hit rocks and grounds. i couldnt think of a good and special EV set for this one,so i just went with another noobish one. It sure does get the job done though!

Well, thats my team! Tell me what you think!

Credits:
TAY: for telling me how to post pics
Me: for doing the rmt
All of you:for helping
God:The Creator!

Team looks decent.

I don't see what you need the spe to outrun ttar for as you're using bullet punch, i suppose if you u-turn but you can just do that on the switch.

Consider 248 hp / 252 atk / 8 sp def which lets you switch into SR 5 times instead of 4, max atk and 8 sp def is filler and lets you outrun other scizor to super power/u-turn after the other one. Running more specially defensive scizor is only better in ubers tbh as in OU when trapping things like latias you have to be very careful anyways of hp fire because it doesnt really matter how much sp def you have, you won't be able to survive an hp fire without an occa berry and 252 sp def / 252 hp from offensive LO latias.

Jirachi wants Adamant 252 Atk / 252 spe / 6 HP to outspeed the same things 176 spe jolly does as well as gives more power with adamant.

As jirachi hits 448 with Adamant 252 spe and 462 with jolly 176 and you don't outrun anything you can't outrun with 448.

Consider running this set over that subtran as it just does the job much better.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash fire
56 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 200 spe
Timid (+ Spe, - Atk)
-Fire blast
-Substitute
-Earth power
-Toxic

---
This is Rhys29's Offensive Subtran set that he gave me and Kill.Mate.Repeat. One time. Heatran does a great job at absorbing fire attacks aimed at Celebi/Scizor which is mainly why he's on the team. He also counters a few other things that are threat's to the team. 200 Spe beats Jolly breloom and Adamant gyarados which behind a sub can beat both. 252 Sp atk was standard IIRC and just helps with Timid to still do a ton of damage behind a sub. I ran Toxic in order to beat blissey, as well as partially deal with gyarados. It generally covers better then hp electric as well seeing as how nothing really likes to be poisoned (with the exception of breloom/guts pokemon.)

Fire blast is the main STAB on the set, and can cause a ton of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Substitute is standard once again and obviously makes Subtran what it is. The Celetran combo is amazing being able to resist almost every type in the game with both of them. Anything that harms Heatran goes to celebi, and anything that harms Celebi goes to heatran. 56 Hp survives adamant/Jolly Breloom non boosted Mach punch and is just pretty much a filler.

359 Atk vs 158 Def & 323 HP (120 Base Power): 588 - 692 (182.04% - 214.24%)

It can outrun Adamant/Jolly breloom so works as a check because as you can see a Non boosted fire blast on 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Sp Def Loom OHKO's and does massive damage 100% of the time.

Gl with your team and i hope this helped. It looks pretty good.

Ok, a lot of my ideas coincide with Slowpokez, such as the Adamant>Jolly for more power on Rachi. However, there are definitely a few points we differ on. First and foremost, the Tran set. I also think you should change from your original SubTran as LO kills its survivability combined with 25% gone with the sub. The only difference I recommend is Explosion>Toxic, as they beat the same things and once people see Sub+Lefties they think you want to keep the Tran around, and that is when they lose a Blissey using Seismic Toss to break your sub. I think it is simply a more efficient and easy way to destroy Blissey, as it can just switch in and out to heal to something like a bulky water. Basically a combination of bulky water+blissey (cleric perhaps) could really give Tran trouble, whereas with Explosion you can bust open a hole in the opposing team. The set would look pretty similar.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash fire
56 Atk / 252 Sp Atk / 200 spe
Naive/Hasty (+ Spe, - Def/SpD)
-Fire blast
-Substitute
-Earth power
-Explosion

Next, I think this is a matter of personal opinion but it might help you. If you find yourself switching into special attacks more often that physical with Scizor, I have a much better set.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SpD
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

The main thing about this Scizor is its ability to take special hits such as Draco Meteor, Shadow Ball, Surf, etcetera more efficiently, often keeping you alive against things that are designed to 2HKO the standard set for CBZor. The EVs maintain your SR switch ins, maximize attack, and give you a jump point in SpD iirc.

I think it is a very good team, but I believe one of the bigger flaws is that if Latias goes down, which it often does because it is pursuit bait, there is no one to effectively take T-bolts for resisted damage to help Gyara out, thereby hurting your only set-up pokemon. However, in a team where you are attempting to maximize synergy there is very little I can do to really help that, other than bulk up things like Scizor in the special department as much as is acceptable. Overall, great team and like the concept of maximizing synergy, which few are able to really do well.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, this is a pretty good team, but i would suggest some moveset changes on a few of your Pokemon. The first thing that I am suggesting is to change Gyarados to a bulky Dragon Dancer. As I went through your team, I thought about how a well played stall team could screw you over...once Latias and Jirachi have Tricked, stall really can just let you sit back and eat it. As it stands, only one of your Pokemon is immune to Spikes, and without a Spinner, they will wear throgh your team with relative ease. Bulky Dragon Dance Gyara is perhaps the greatest Pokemon in the game for breaking stall, however, due to access to Taunt, immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, good defensive typing, and high Hit Points (meaning that Blissey Seismic Tosses don't hurt too badly). The current set seems like a mix between Bulky Gyarados Dancer and the standard attacking DD set, and while both sets are equally effective at what they do, combining them is more often than not not going to work out in your favor, and a waste of Gyarados's potential.

I suggest that you use an EV spread of 156 Hp / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spe, and Adamant nature, and item Leftovers. For the moveset, I would use Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Stone Edge, and Taunt. The EV spread aims to magnify Gyarados's survivability. 156 Hp EVs brings Gyarados's Hp up to a Leftovers number, helping Gyarados get the most Leftovers recovery possible; it also makes it an odd number, meaning that Gyara can switch in five times with Stealth Rock on the field, and live (although once in, chances are you won't want to switch out). 108 Attack is the maximum needed to OHKO Blissey after a Dragon Dance with Waterfall (factoring in Stealth Rock damage). 100 Defense EVs + Intimidate means that Gyarados will take neutral physical attacks like its his job, and helps you get in as many Dragon Dances as possible. 144 Spe EVs means that you can outrun Timid Jolteon after two Dragon Dances, and easily KO. Now, Dragon Dance is an awesome boosting move, raising the two stats you most need to sweep with in one turn with no drawbacks. Waterfall is reliable STAB, with a smexy 30% flinch rate. Stone Edge gives good coverage with Waterfall, hitting Pokemon that Waterfall cannot. Taunt it the crux of the set, absolutely wrecking stall teams, as well as allowing Gyarados to set up against a weaker attacker. It should be noted that Gyarados has huge problems against Bulky Waters, so you should aim to remove them from the match with Machamp before bringing out Gyarados.

I'm really not a huge fan of Choice Scarf Latias, I find it easy pursuit bait for Pokemon like Scizor. However, after consideration, I think that changing Latias's set to a more common Life Orb attacker would kind of ruin your team, as it would leave you weak to many threats that Latias covers. Anyway, hope I helped, and good luck! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)