Regarding the recent modlog update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Heya, regarding the recent modlog update, more specifically that part: "If an unnamed parameter is specified, /modlog will make its best guess as to which search you meant." (so, any research without a parameter, like /modlog tour or /modlog baduser298 for example)

Would it be possible to have it default to any modaction containing the argument instead, like it used to?

For example, /modlog poll shows "The last 100 logged actions taken against poll on room [xxx].", so mostly modactions against users named "apollo" or it shows actual poll logs but from 2017, which is not very useful when you wanna know when the last poll was made.

Similarly with /modlog tour, it shows "The last 100 logged actions taken against tour on room [xxx].", and in that it only shows the "TOUR NAME" entries, not the others, so pretty ineffective to find out when a tournament was last started and/or what format it was.

Same if you modlog a mod's name, if looks for actions taken against them (promotions, demotions, hidetexts...) rather than taken by them (which is more relevant if you want to check someone's activity or give them feedback on how their staffing is).

& finally there seems to be an issue with the case sensitivity : /modlog ROOMEVENT does show me "The last 100 logged actions of the type ROOMEVENT on room [xxx].", BUT /modlog roomevent gives me a pop-up saying "No moderator actions taken against roomevent found on room [xxx].", making the whole thing rather counter-intuitive

So this is why in my opinion it could be wiser to return to the "old" way default modlog worked (show any modlog record containing the specified argument), since the guessed searches do not work very well for now, and the parameters could still be used by people needing more specific info in their research if the generic one doesn't satisfy them. In other words, have it work the old way without needing to specify a different parameter every time you want to do a more generic research.

Thanks for reading this big wall of text o/

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
& finally there seems to be an issue with the case sensitivity : /modlog ROOMEVENT does show me "The last 100 logged actions of the type ROOMEVENT on room [xxx].", BUT /modlog roomevent gives me a pop-up saying "No moderator actions taken against roomevent found on room [xxx].", making the whole thing rather counter-intuitive
This is intentional. Otherwise, there isn't a good way to guess whether a search is an action or a username, but since actions are ALL CAPS, I used that to guess. The "correct" way to do this is /ml action=roomevent.

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
it was changed so it no longer guesses between action and user at all, so i guess we can close this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)