[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

awesome, yeah Fierza said it was probably hacked so i wanted a second opinion. Oh well.. keep that one in-game then and i figured that for the celebi.. thanks for confirming

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This is my List of Legendaries I have received via the GTS, PSS Trade, or friends. If anyone could tell me which of these are legit and which are hacked with 100 % confirmation of either or, that would be awesome. These are the only ones I cant figure out myself.

Thanks!

~~

Name - Genesect
Language - ENG
Poke'ball - Cherish
Level - 15
Nature - Adamant
Ability - Download
Item - None
Form - Shiny
IV Spread - 6 IV
OT - Plasma
ID NO. - 10072
Ribbon - None
Origin - Unova Region

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name - Deoxys
Language - JPN
Poke'ball - Original
Level - 70
Nature - Quiet
Ability - Pressure
Item - None
Form - Speed
IV Spread - 0 ( good atk )
OT - ( JPN, cant type it )
ID NO. - 03030
Ribbon - Kalos Champion Ribbon
Origin - Johto Region

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name - Deoxys
Language - JPN
Poke'ball - Cherish
Level - 51
Nature - Gentle
Ability - Pressure
Item - None
Form - Defense
IV Spread - 0 ( Good Def )
OT - 10TH
ID NO. - 07147
Ribbon - Classic Ribbon
Origin - Sinnoh

Name - Landorus
Language - ENG
Poke'ball - Ultra
Level - 74
Nature - Relaxed
Ability - Intimidate
Item - None
Form - Therian
IV Spread - 0 ( Decent Sp Atk / Horrid Atk )
OT - AGVUK ( This is why I am weary of it )
ID NO. - 64144
Ribbon - N/A
Origin - Unova

Name - Arceus
Language - ENG
Poke'ball - Cherish
Level - 100
Nature - Hasty
Ability - Multitype
Item - None
Form - Normal
IV Spread - 0 ( Good Atk )
OT - TRU
ID NO. - 11079
Ribbon - Legend Ribbon / Classic Ribbon
Origin - Sinnoh

Name - Mew
Language - ENG
Poke'ball - Original
Level - 10 ( when I received it, now level 75 )
Nature - Rash
Ability - Synchronize
Item - None
Form - Normal
IV Spread - Speed ( 31 )
OT - MYSTRY
ID NO. - 06930
Ribbon - N/A
Origin - Hoenn

Name - Victini
Language - JPN
Poke'ball - Cherish
Level - 100
Nature - Jolly
Ability - Victory Star
Item - None
Form - Normal
IV Spread - Flawless 6 IV ( This is what makes me weary of it )
OT - Japanese cant type it
ID NO. - 11252
Ribbon - Classic Ribbon
Origin - Unova
Move-Set ( V-create / Blue Flare / Bolt Strike / Glaciate )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name - Celebi
Language - ENG
Poke'ball - Luxury ( I believe )
Level - 10
Nature - Gentle
Ability - Natural Cure
Item - None
Form - Normal
IV Spread - HP / Sp Atk / Sp Def
OT - Snarf
ID NO. - 23660
Ribbon - Classic
Origin - Poke'mon Link ( 2 / 6 / 2014 )
( Pretty much know this is legit.. just wanna make sure im not being.. SNARFED! :D like for thundercats moment! )

These are the only pokemon I have not been able to confirm myself as Legit or Not

I have proven the following Legit

Heatran
Tornadus
Thundurus
Lugia
Articuno * Shiny
Ho-oh
Entei
Raikou
terrakion
cobalion
mewtwo
phione
Groudon
Darkrai

Sorry, but how the fuck am I supposed to tell if something is legal when you provide almost no useful informtion. Only one I can even say for sure is hacked is Genesect.

Just got this in a trade, probably a dumb question, but any idea if it's hacked?

Latios (shiny)
Nature - Modest
31/31/31/31/31/31
OT: Ash
ID No. 01337
No ribbons, and it is from the Hoenn region, and is in a regular pokeball.

With an ID that almost looks like LEET, I'm going to assume it's hacked, but I just wanted to clarify here first.

Some people are offering me Yveltal and Xerneas shiny for trade, i know they are hacked, but its okay if i get then ? I mean this can cause any trouble to my Pokemon Version ? Pokebank or something like that ?

Scruffy All pokemons with this OT: Ash and this ID No. 01337 are Hacked pokemons, they are very commun indeed.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Some people are offering me Yveltal and Xerneas shiny for trade, i know they are hacked, but its okay if i get then ? I mean this can cause any trouble to my Pokemon Version ? Pokebank or something like that ?

Scruffy All pokemons with this OT: Ash and this ID No. 01337 are Hacked pokemons, they are very commun indeed.
Its impossible to trade Shiny-locked Pokémon (Xerneas, Zygarde, Arceus, etc.) in 6th Gen IIRC.

Agonist

Gonna go out on a limb, and say it belongs to a hacker, considering how many hacks show up with its ID combo.

I traded with eievuimonster and his thread has been closed down by Agonist because it has too many hacks (thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ft-shiny-legendaries-and-hp-legends.3501142/).

I was hoping someone could clarify whether these Pokemon he traded me are hacked. They are:

Shiny Thundurus (Ultra Ball)
OT: Yuko
ID: 19358
Timid
Prankster
30/31/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
From the Unova region

Shiny Heatran (Master Ball)
OT: Luke
ID: 25897
Timid
Flash Fire
From the Unova region

I checked Pokecheck and didn't find these Pokemon on there or their particular OT/IDs but maybe there are better ways of searching for them on Pokecheck rather than just using the search bar on the main page.

Anyway, I'd be grateful if anyone can clarify whether these are hacked or not (if more information is needed, let me know).

Thanks.

Agonist

I traded with eievuimonster and his thread has been closed down by Agonist because it has too many hacks (thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ft-shiny-legendaries-and-hp-legends.3501142/).

I was hoping someone could clarify whether these Pokemon he traded me are hacked. They are:

Shiny Thundurus (Ultra Ball)
OT: Yuko
ID: 19358
Timid
Prankster
From the Unova region

Shiny Heatran (Master Ball)
OT: Luke
ID: 25897
Timid
Flash Fire
From the Unova region

I checked Pokecheck and didn't find these Pokemon on there or their particular OT/IDs but maybe there are better ways of searching for them on Pokecheck rather than just using the search bar on the main page.

Anyway, I'd be grateful if anyone can clarify whether these are hacked or not (if more information is needed, let me know).

Thanks.
It's probably safe to assume that since the majority of his other stuff was clearly hacked, that those are too.

I'm about to recieve a latias through a trade. It has 6IVs non-shiny. Trainer ID-James ID no:12623 and the nature is timid. Is this pokemon hacked?

I'm about to recieve a latias through a trade. It has 6IVs non-shiny. Trainer ID-James ID no:12623 and the nature is timid. Is this pokemon hacked?
It's not really possible to check based on so little info unless it's something obvious like a Moon Ball Litwick (which actually passes Bank...) or the OT appears on Pokecheck (this OT does not).

There's a lot of visible info that can impact legality: moves, level, region, ball, characteristic, fateful encounter or not, ribbons, nickname, language, nature, OT name, Trainer ID, and the somewhat hidden IVs and EVs.

Agonist

If it has the Premier Ribbon, yes. He should have said it was from Pokecheck to begin with, but if it has the Premier Ribbon, he essentially traded you a hack.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
If it has the Premier Ribbon, yes. He should have said it was from Pokecheck to begin with, but if it has the Premier Ribbon, he essentially traded you a hack.
OK, time to work this out *peacefully*

Pretty sure I just got a hacked Zapdos from SharkReno. OT is 01337 and the Trainer name is Ash inside a regular pokeball, from Sinnoh...

I also got a Keldeo from him under the OT SMR2012 and ID No. 08272

Keldeo - #647 (Timid) : 28 - 31 / 18 - 22 / 30 - 31 / 27, 29, 31 / 30 / 31

Level 21 in a Cherish Ball with a "Wishing Ribbon"

I have no idea what to make of this one, but I think the first is pretty clearly a hack.

That Zapdos is clearly 100% hack xD

The Keldeo... I'm not sure, but if I had to be safe I'd say that it's the HP Ghost one that is on a bunch of trade threads.
Is the HP Ghost one a hack (the one I got is HP Ghost)?

And yeah I figured that much about the Zapdos... I think I'm going to make a post in the WiFi blacklist tomorrow.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Is the HP Ghost one a hack (the one I got is HP Ghost)?

And yeah I figured that much about the Zapdos... I think I'm going to make a post in the WiFi blacklist tomorrow.
The HP Ghost one is everywhere, but it could just as easily be a hack... if I were you, I'd wait for a professhunahl opinion.

(Edit) To clarify, there is a legit HP Ghost one everywhere but he could have just as easily pokegenned it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)