Tournaments RBYPL IV - Week Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sificon

I'm not here for your entertainment
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for us to make decisions for activity calls when we can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to us or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • To managers: Please send us your lineups in the same format that we used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
  • All slots are Bo3 by default, barring the first RBY OU slot that is Bo5 and Random Battles which is also Bo5.

:primeape: Pampu Primeapes (3) vs (7) Ding Dang Dewgongs :dewgong:
OU Bo5: Mister Tim vs BlazingDark
OU: Ctown6 vs chub
OU: Tarvold vs Quarante8
OU: BeeOrSomething vs Green on fire
OU: Acetylaldehyde vs Laroxyl
Ubers: Torchic vs corvere
UU: Unowndragon vs Volk
NU: Bohrier vs Monai
PU: Gastlies vs stunner047
Random Battles Bo5: tylerfitz8 vs Luchik

:victreebel:Viridian Victreebels (7) vs (3) Hipster Hypnos :Hypno:
OU Bo5: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Serpi
OU: Kenix vs Deezcastforms
OU: RaiZen1704 vs emma
OU: oakdeon vs 16bit
OU: snaga vs doroco2
Ubers: King Billu vs CollectorEly
UU: phoopes vs Melbelle
NU: Khaetis vs royzin
PU: BeatsBlack vs Hayburner
Random Battles Bo5: Rage vs YBW

:articuno: Glacial Articunos (5) vs (5) Washed Wartortles :wartortle:
OU Bo5: nicole7735 vs Sceptross
OU: Isza vs Albi
OU: avarice vs TibarnWasTaken
OU: shiloh vs Leru
OU: Frrf vs Skyrio
Ubers: Mashing vs Kaz
UU: Tree69420 vs Ice Yazu
NU: Sabelette vs MrSoup
PU: TehTayTeh vs NotVeryCake
Random Battles Bo5: Lady Writer vs nicomirra123

Pampu Primeapes (0) vs (0) Ding Dang Dewgongs
OU: Mister Tim vs BlazingDark
NU: Bohrier vs Monai
Rands: tylerfitz8 vs Luchik

Viridian Victreebels (0) vs (0) Hipster Hypnos
OU: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Serpi
OU: Kenix vs Deezcastforms
Rands: Rage vs YBW

Glacial Articunos (0) vs (0) Washed Wartortles
OU: nicole7735 vs Sceptross
Rands: Lady Writer vs nicomirra123

Deadline for this round is Sunday, October 29th at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

Last edited by a moderator:

royzin

I COULD BE BANNED!
Pampu Primeapes (4) vs (6) Ding Dang Dewgongs :dewgong:
OU Bo5: Mister Tim vs BlazingDark
NU: Bohrier vs Togkey
Random Battles Bo5: tylerfitz8 vs Luchik

Glacial Articunos (4) vs (6) Washed Wartortles :wartortle:
OU Bo5: nicole7735 vs Sceptross
Random Battles Bo5: Lady Writer vs nicomirra123

Sceptross

The words were voted out by a landslide
is a Community Contributor
Pampu Primeapes (6) vs (3) Ding Dang Dewgongs
OU: Mister Tim vs BlazingDark - Tim has been around for a very, very long time and naturally, with that comes an all-around solidness that makes him never an easy win. Unfortunately for him though, BlazingDark's agressive playstyle is very oriented towards beating the more balanced playstyle of Mister Tim so I'm giving him the edge here.
OU: Ctown6 vs chub - This is gonna be one of multiple games where I want to bold both players lol. Two people I had nothing but pleasant interactions with, and two all around solid players. Ctown comes back to OU after a short stint in Ubers where he played what is definitely one of the most hype sets of this tournament against Kaz. I'm giving a very, very slight edge to Ctown because of the extra experience in OU but I can genuinely see this go both ways.
OU: Tarvold vs Quarante8 - I think it's no secret for anyone that I am a fan of Tarvold. There's very few people in this community with stronger fundamentals than him. Interestingly, he has also been trying to deviate from his usual builds he was so iconic for, and while you can see it doesn't come as naturally to him, you can definitely still see the "Tarvold way" in his play, and that is honestly a good thing. Interestingly, he has been matched against 48, who has an iconically agressive playstyle that tends to match well into Tarvolds'. It should be a close one but, since Tarvold's fundamentals are very, very good I think he will be able to bring this home against 48.
OU: BeeOrSomething vs Green on fire - Another hard one. As I'm sure the old guys noticed, I've changed my playstyle a lot since I was most active in 2017-2019. Green on fire reminds me of myself back then a lot, I feel like it's practically a carbon copy of how I used to play, both on a play-by-play level and a gameplanning level. He also has very good fundamentals. Bee has been going through a rough phase in the past few weeks, but one can see the Bee that earned a place at the Rising Stars is still there - a player that is really good at reading the gamestate, and has an innate agression in his play without overdoing it that I am a genuine fan of. And that Bee would have been a big problem for me back then. If he brings it in full, and I honestly think he will this week, I think he is a favourite to bring this one home, based on the playstyle of both players.
OU: Acetylaldehyde vs Laroxyl - Genuinely hard for me to take a pick here, because these are two players and people I respect a lot. Laroxyl has been RBYing for a long time though, although only now does he seem to be consistently playing it. He was already giving me a lot of problems back in the day, and only got better since then, coming off of a great 3rd place finish in the Invitational coming from play-ins. After coming back from some training in the mountains, I think he should be favoured here, but if Acetyl takes this home too, I wouldn't be extremely surprised, as he is much more solid than I think even himself thinks he is.
Ubers: Torchic vs corvere - It's hard not to bold Torchic on any lower tier he touches against almost any player.
UU: Unowndragon vs Volk - Read above. Extremely goated Chinese duo.
NU: Bohrier vs Togkey - I'm going to be honest, I haven't seen enough of these players yet to be able to predict, so I'll pass on this one.
PU: Gastlies vs stunner047 - I really wanted to bold Gastlies as I think she doesn't deserve the 0-4 record she has now at all, but stunner is probably not the best opponent to try to fix that against. stunner is another player that I rarely see making mistakes. He can be a little bit predictable at times though and Gastlies can definitely capitalise on that, but I've known stunner for a very long time and he is an all around solid player so I have to give him the edge here.
Rands: tylerfitz8 vs Luchik - Extremely hard to bold anyone in this randbats pool, due to how good and balanced it is, but I'll swing towards tyler's side since, well, he is literally 4-0.

Viridian Victreebels (4) vs (6) Hipster Hypnos
OU: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Serpi - The highlight of the week. Two players I genuinely like a lot. Narwhal is currently 4-0 and shows no signs of stopping and Serpi is well, Serpi, not much needs to be said really lol. I'm going to give the edge to Serpi because he is extremely methodical and a top tier pilot but I genuinely think this one is closer than it might appear at first sight for some people. The week might very well be decided on this set, there's literally no reason to not be hyped about it!
OU: Kenix vs Deezcastforms - Kenix is a very good player and should have the edge here.
OU: RaiZen1704 vs emma - After Serpi vs Narwhal, one of the most hype sets of the week. I'm going to give emma the edge based on her top tier prep skills, but this is a set between two very solid players that I'm really looking forward to.
OU: oakdeon vs 16bit - oakdeon is more experienced than 16bit so that gives him the edge in this set.
OU: snaga vs doroco2 - This is an interesting one - snaga is a nonmainer that has been around for a long time and has the overall Pokemon skills, wheareas doroco is another hot prospect from the ladder. I'm giving the edge to snaga here because he has done quite well so far, and experience in tournaments comes a long way, but I'm eager to see what doroco is going to pull off in this set. I always have a soft spot for players who have their roots in the ladder.
Ubers: King Billu vs CollectorEly - Ely has been solid so far and has more experience (at least that I know of) than King Billu in the tier, so I'll give him the edge.
UU: phoopes vs Melbelle - Hard for me to not bold phoopes here as I respect him a lot, but Melanie is a player I am a fan of. I think she flies under the radar much more than she should in OU, and she is even better at lower tiers imo, so I'd say she has the edge here.
NU: Khaetis vs royzin - Khaetis has been cooking, which I can never see as a bad thing, and has amazing Pokemon skills. royzin is a very solid player too though, and I think there are not many people that would make me not bold him, but Khaetis is one of them. I think this is closer skill-wise than some people might think tho.
PU: BeatsBlack vs Hayburner - Hayburner has been very solid this tournament, with a single loss to Cake where honestly, he wasn't really given any breaks. I have to give him the edge here
Rands: Rage vs YBW - Once again, two guys I genuinely respect and like a lot, but I think YBW has the edge here skill wise.

Glacial Articunos (0) vs (10) Washed Wartortles
OU: nicole7735 vs Sceptross - Nicole is a player I am a big fan of. Amaranth wrote in her bio for Rising Stars that she was one of the most meteoric ascensions he has ever seen. And while I did not see this ascension happen, it doesn't surprise me the slightest. She has an ability to understand the state of a metagame and the place each Pokemon has in it that is matched by almost no one, top players included. Her prep skills are very good too, and we saw these two skills being employed together to perfection with a great win over gastlies last week for the Winner's bracket finals in the Seasonal, where her prep was on point. We also see this in action when she decides to put time on an underexplored meta like PU, where she always feels ahead of everyone else. But, unfortunately for her, she's matched against me, gg.
OU: Isza vs Albi - Albi has been improving tremendously throughout the tournament, with a very solid win over Acetylaldehyde last week. Isza is a solid player too and can definitely play (I've seen this firsthand in our Invitational set). Should be a really good set and while I think it's definitely gonna be a very close one, Isza is currently also busy with SCL, among other tournaments, so I'll give a slight edge to Albi here.
OU: avarice vs TibarnWasTaken - This will be an interesting one. Tibarn has really good fundamentals, and avarice has been around for a while now. I think its gonna be a close one, but I'm giving an edge to Tibarn here based on his fundamentals.
OU: shiloh vs Leru - Leru has been extremely solid during the tournament, with a really good showing vs gastlies. Rozes has a lot of experience in the tier, he's been around for a quite a while now and teamed up with me on the Wolfpack. Should be a really close one, but I give the slight edge to Leru here based on his extremely solid showing so far.
OU: Frrf vs Skyrio - Frrf is a very solid OUer and someone I respect a lot. Skyrio has been playing extremely well this tournament, with four extremely solid displays that even caught the eye of fellow frenchie Koala. I think it should be a very close set but I'm giving the edge to Skyrio because of what happened the last time Frrf played a set against another fellow Frenchie.
Ubers: Mashing vs Kaz - I don't know much of Mashing in the context of RBY Ubers. So I have to give the edge to Kaz here.
UU: Tree69420 vs Ice Yazu - Tree has put a solid showing so far, but Yazu is the absolute goat of UU, so I'm giving him the edge here.
NU: Sabelette vs MrSoup - Two very, very solid players. Sab is coming back to NU whereas Soup has been playing it consistently, so I'll give him a slight edge here.

1698188571891.png

Rands: Lady Writer vs nicomirra123 - nico has a playstyle in rands that stands out from the others and is regarded by a very big portion of the rands community as one of the best to ever do it. Lady Writer is an amazing rands player though. It's genuinely hard to pick anyone in rands, this is an extremely, extremely stacked rands pool. Should be a close one, but I think nico has a slight edge here.

Last edited:
Pampu Primeapes (4) vs (6) Ding Dang Dewgongs
OU: Mister Tim vs BlazingDark - Both good players, think BD has the edge here though
OU: Ctown6 vs chub - I am a big Ctown fan, backing him here though chub should give him a fight
OU: Tarvold vs Quarante8 -I rate 48 highly and he should be able to bring this win home
OU: BeeOrSomething vs Green on fire - unfortunately gof is pretty good at the videogame
OU: Acetylaldehyde vs Laroxyl - great rematch from Invitational Playins, I'm expecting a close set but I think Laroxyl will emerge victorious
Ubers: Torchic vs corvere - the goat
UU: Unowndragon vs Volk - the uu goat
NU: Bohrier vs Togkey - Togkey is good at mons
PU: Gastlies vs stunner047 - Gastlies hasn't had the best time in the PU grinder so far but I rate her higher in this tier than stunner
Rands: tylerfitz8 vs Luchik - both have played well so this could really go either way

Viridian Victreebels (4) vs (6) Hipster Hypnos
OU: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Serpi - easily the highlight set this week, not bolding Narwhal feels bad but not bolding Serpi feels worse
OU: Kenix vs Deezcastforms - Kenix is fire
OU: RaiZen1704 vs emma - both really good, I expect this to be fairly even but I give RaiZen the edge
OU: oakdeon vs 16bit - good mons player
OU: snaga vs doroco2 - snaga is the more established player generally but I expect doroco2 to put up a good fight
Ubers: King Billu vs CollectorEly - Ely's been really strong, as long as he remembers overflow mechanics this should be a convincing win
UU: phoopes vs Melbelle - Mel is good
NU: Khaetis vs royzin - both 4-0, taking good lines especially with regards to early sleep but I give Khaetis the edge bc they're cracked
PU: BeatsBlack vs Hayburner - Hayburner's been playing well despite using ass mons (you know the one)
Rands: Rage vs YBW - YBW's looked strong

Glacial Articunos (10) vs (0) Washed Wartortles
OU: nicole7735 vs Sceptross - Sceptross has a great run in Invitational IV and has looked very strong. But, unfortunately for him, he's matched against me, gg.
OU: Isza vs Albi - Isza is a far more established rby player, although Albi's been improving week on week.
OU: avarice vs TibarnWasTaken - Tibarn's been playing pretty solid but avarice is just better at mons
OU: shiloh vs Leru - shiloh is really good
OU: Frrf vs Skyrio - Skyrio's looked solid in this tier but Frrf is better
Ubers: Mashing vs Kaz - I love Kaz and his builds but Mashing will win
UU: Tree69420 vs Ice Yazu - this tier sucks and we will get the win (yazu is goated though)
NU: Sabelette vs MrSoup - Soup's good but Sabel might just be the goat
PU: TehTayTeh vs NotVeryCake - If Teh listens to his frankly outstanding PU support and uses the good mons he will win
Rands: Lady Writer vs nicomirra123 - both have played rly well and this should be close

BeeOrSomething

Daylight Savings Time sucks
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Viridian Victreebels (3) vs (7) Hipster Hypnos
OU: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Serpi - idk so i’ll go w/ safe pick
OU: Kenix vs Deezcastforms - wild card pick (kenix is realistically very favored)
Rands: Rage vs YBW

Glacial Articunos (5) vs (5) Washed Wartortles
OU: nicole7735 vs Sceptross - both have made it known themselves they’ve made mistakes but I think rn sceptross is sharper
Ubers: Mashing vs Kaz - :haha: poto Mashing nooblet
NU: Sabelette vs MrSoup - highlight mu
Rands: Lady Writer vs nicomirra123

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)