RBY RBY OU Global Championship 2023: Round 2 | Stage1 [One Week Deadline]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You both didn't put real effort, that's what coinflips are for.
No way, I made myself available every day this week but Thursday. Shiloh said he would only play at the weekend - how is that no effort on my part? And I would have asked for an extension.

Vertigo

wouldn't you like to know
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
No way, I made myself available every day this week but Thursday. Shiloh said he would only play at the weekend - how is that no effort on my part? And I would have asked for an extension.
I already granted an extension, which in itself was a stretch but since there was initial contact made last week I gave both of you until yesterday. I think you may have misunderstood when he said he would only do weekend; from what I can see he was talking about last sat/sun. Since I granted the extension he gave you his availability for weekdays, to which you responded you can't make it, and that's it, nothing else. That's grounds for coinflip, since even with the extension there was very little effort made.

OK, that makes sense. But I'd like clarification about this please:

Since I granted the extension he gave you his availability for weekdays, to which you responded you can't make it, and that's it, nothing else.
Shiloh suggested I play him at 1am my time, which I explained wasn't possible. What "else" could I have done? What would you have expected me to do it that situation to show more "effort"?

I expect mismatched time zones will be a recurrent problem, so it would be good to know :)

Vertigo

wouldn't you like to know
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
OK, that makes sense. But I'd like clarification about this please:

Shiloh suggested I play him at 1am my time, which I explained wasn't possible. What "else" could I have done? What would you have expected me to do it that situation to show more "effort"?

I expect mismatched time zones will be a recurrent problem, so it would be good to know :)
When both players have zero matching availability at all we as hosts can't really do much more than coinflipping the game. I'd grant an activity win if there was outstanding effort from one party over the other, but here it doesn't look like you really made an effort to find a time that works for both of you, just that you can't play at 1am your time (which is fair). You can read more about activity guidelines in tournament rules linked in the OP, but that's the gist of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)