SS NU Rate my Team :) Pokemon SS NU

Hey there, im going to play a SS NU tournament. Can someone rate my team or maybe give me a sugcestion to improve it.
Here´s my Team:

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Crush Claw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Type: Null is in my opinion one of the best pivots in the NU tier. He can be thrown into almost any special offensive attack without getting two-shoted. (Only Drampa has a chance to 2-Hit-KO) His Job in this Team is to bring Drampa in safely or check the enemy Drampa or even Indeede-F. Thanks to the Eviolite he can tank physical offensive Attacks too. U-turn allows him to be a pivot, with Rest-Talk you can heal him up to full and free him from any status condition like poison. Crush Claw is there for chipping enemy mons and has a chance to lower the enemies Def.

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Drampa is my favourite special offensive braker in the NU tier followed by Indeede-F. There are no many switch-ins for him and if you manage to bring him in safely, something of the enemy team will die. Draco is his strongest stab, followed by Hyper Voice. Fireblast is there for Stunfisk-Galar and a Sp. Def Ferroseed. Ice Beam is there to safely 1-Hit-KO the enemies Drampa. With the HP investment it can tank a lot of hits and kill something in return.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Quagsire is really important for this team. Because there are many pokemon that can set-up against Type:Null, you can throw in Unaware Quagsire to deal with pokemon like Toxicroak, Fallinks or even Malamar. Earthquake and Scald as important stab-moves, Recover and Toxic for stalling. Another advantage is that you can bring in Drampa safely against enemy Grass-Attacks.

Froslass @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt

Froslass wants to lay Spikes, but can even check physical offensive mons with Will-O-Wisp and Hex. Taunt is very good on this mon, because its really fast and you can often lead with this mon and provide Stealth Rocks. As a ghost-type you can not spin againt this mon, what makes it even better.

Unfezant @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Wish
- Defog

This Team is not weak to Stealth Rocks but you still wants to have Defog on ur Team, because Toxic Spikes can be really annyoing for Quagsire. You can always switch in mons like Cofagrigus, Defog and pivot out again. You can also check fighting-types, because of Unfezant´s Speed and with the Attack-investment it can 1-Hit every offensive fighting-type with Brave Bird. Wish is there to bring in Drampa or Toxicroak safely.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

You want to use Toxicroak as a Sweeper in this Team. Therefore it has Swords Dance and Sucker Punch to deal with faster pokemon. Gunk Shot is his strongest stab-attack and with Drain Punch you want to get back health. You dont want to start sweeping if the enemy still has Quagsire, because you cant do anything against Unaware Quagsire with Toxicroak.

I know i am missing stealth rocks but i dont think they are as important, because of drampa.

Thank you very much :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

unlocked

Last edited:
While I like the idea of Drampa, it gets Berserk which raises special attack and if your Drampa does special attacking it needs Berserk because Sap Sipper will by no doubt rarely be triggered because most people know type differences and if Drampa has Sap Sipper, all it has to boost is Specs. While berserk is 1 time only and doesnt raise it by more than 1, it is better than nothing. And on stat boosters like Toxicroak that are meant for hyper offensive, I run Focus Sash because most stat boosters wont tank hits very well and get KO'd very easily. While I like Quagsire, I tend to balance bulk on walls and even modify EVs just to spread the most proficient stats around and so I think you should fix the EVs and nature to spread the proficient stats. Here is the modified sets that need fixing:

Toxicroak @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 215 HP / 110 Def / 185 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Unfezant @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
- Night Slash

While Unfezant is pretty awesome, it has these abilities for a reason. It is supposed to be a hard attacker. If you still feel like Super luck is a choice, another suggestion is a Scope Lens if you wanna run on critical hits hard. Heres your defogger:

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Thanks for your patience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)