ello (Durant) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Truant
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Entrainment
- Hone Claws

For Durants EVs, I just clicked the smogon recommended button after checking that it put 252 EVs into speed. His purpose isn’t to be a offensive threat of any kind. His overall purpose is to give the opposing pokemon truant by using Entrainment, which is why it needs to be fast so most of the time it can outspeed and use entrainment. Which is what the focus sash is for, if he is hit before he uses entrainment he should survive because of it.

General (Cloyster) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Protect
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Cloyster is really the main part of this team. The strategy is to swap him in immediately after Durant uses Entrainment because you basically get a free switch in because its the turn where the opposing pokemon cant attack. Then its basically alternating between protect and shell smash until Cloyster‘s attack+speed stat is maxed out. Then just use Icicle Spear/Rock Blast for the rest of Cloyster’s time on the field. Skill Link is for Icicle Spear and Rock Blast so they always hit 5 times, and his EV’s are put into Atk and Speed (plus 4 in Spd) because because he needs to be fast, and his Spd gets murdered by shell smash.

Zeus (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Defog
- Nasty Plot

The EV’s are very similar to Cloyster’s. His purpose is basically as a pokemon to go in and do as much damage as possible. He’s an okay Defog user, then nasty plot + thunderbolt and grass knot are there for the offensive side. It could really help out against any Zygardes or Kyogre you will probably run into.

Whimsiscott (Whimsicott) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Beat Up
- Dazzling Gleam
- Defog
- Tailwind

Whimsicott acts like a sort of backup or first defog user, with no main offensive purpose. It’s mainly to setup Tailwind or use Defog to get rid of any hazards. Dazzling Gleam and Beat Up are there in case it has to be brought in for something other than tailwind or defog.

Calyrex-Shadow @ Wise Glasses
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Aromatherapy
- Trick
- Psyshock

This Pokémon is a main backup strategy if Durant and Cloyster fail. It has a pretty standard EV spread, and I put on the Wise Glasses to slightly boost its Special Attack. It’s main move is Astral Barrage because, it’s Astral Barrage. It then has aromatherapy, Trick, and psy shock for other reasons.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace

This is sort of a last line of defense for the team. Excadrill has a ton of resistances and I was missing out on some ground coverage(yes I know there are overlapping types with Durant and Excadrill, but Durant isnt mainly for attack like excadrill so is fine). It runs iron head and Earthquak for STAB, then swords dance to boost its attack, and aerial ace for its fighting weakness and coverage.

Last edited:

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Firstly, I suggest adding description if you don't want to have your post locked.

Leaving aside the other problems your team has, every Ubers team has to use Yveltal (unless it has Tyranitar, Grimmsnarl or niche Pokemon like Porygon2 and Zarude, which you don't) as it's the only viable switchin to opposing Calyrex-Shadow:

Replace Thundurus-T as your defogger with this:
:ss/Yveltal:
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Snarl
- Defog
- Roost

You may not like it but your team will get beaten by Calyrex-S otherwise and if you want to use something else you'll have to support a suspect for it.

Firstly, I suggest adding description if you don't want to have your post locked.

Leaving aside the other problems your team has, every Ubers team has to use Yveltal (unless it has Tyranitar, Grimmsnarl or niche Pokemon like Porygon2 and Zarude, which you don't) as it's the only viable switchin to opposing Calyrex-Shadow:

Replace Thundurus-T as your defogger with this:
:ss/Yveltal:
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Snarl
- Defog
- Roost

You may not like it but your team will get beaten by Calyrex-S otherwise and if you want to use something else you'll have to support a suspect for it.
Thanks, I just had Thunderous on there cause I liked it and I got it a few times in random and it helped a lot. And Calyrex-S has been a problem, along with Dusk Mane Necrozma.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hi, wanted to take a look at this team now that it has descriptions for the mon choices, but regardless of those the team as it stands is pretty much unviable in the current metagame. Durant Entrainment strats don't work in this gen due to the lack of Mega Gengar like last gen when it had the smallest of cheesy uses, since the opponent can literally just switch out after getting entrained while you can't attack, and some abilities like Power Construct can't be taken off of Zygarde-C. In addition to this, Whimsicott, Durant, and Thundurus are all unranked on the viability rankings, meaning it's extremely hard to work with them. I think if the team ignores the fact that it's going for a bad gimmick and embraces some of the few things it can manage, it's doable though but around half the team needs some full revamping done.

Major Changes:
:durant: --> :necrozma-dusk-mane:
I think the team should go a more offensive route given the mons on the team, and while it won't by any means be standard, it might be usable. The first way to go about that imo is changing the Steel-type, going from Durant to Necrozma-DM, giving the team a ton more offensive pressure while giving it a way to switch into things like Xerneas and Zacian 1 time which is usually all offense needs. Standard DD set, works a lot better here overall.
Necrozma-Dusk Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
:whimsicott: --> :yveltal:
Similar to the recommendation above, the team just kind of needs an Yveltal since it isn't built to support another Calyrex-S answer, and Hyper Offense teams benefit a ton from having it around. Taunt can stop opposing Defog to keep your hazards up, and it's a really strong wallbreaker overall.
Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
:excadrill: --> :shuckle:
To support the rest of the original mons, I think you really benefit from Sticky Web support, and with Stealth Rock always helping out also I figured Shuckle was a good way to go about it here. There are other webs setters that work, but I think the team needs one and Shuckle just feels like the way to go. Standard moveset, gives the team a ton more offensive pressure due to how good Sticky Web teams tend to work on ladder. Item is slashed between Red Card and Mental Herb, personally with Taunt Yveltal being not that uncommon I really like Mental Herb for consistency, but the benefit of Red Card is usually really nice if it works out so either work.
Shuckle @ Red Card / Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Final Gambit
- Encore

Minor Changes:
A few sets need small tweaks to them also, since as is they don't benefit the team a ton but these next few keep the main identity of the team I feel and may actually work.

:cloyster:
Protect --> Hydro Pump
Adamant Nature --> Naughty

Realistically you aren't getting much out of Protect, it scouts a move but with that slot being occupied by that it leaves Cloyster unable to do any damage to Steel-types, and with how common Necrozma-DM is that's a hard thing to get over. +2 Hydro Pump has a really good shot to 2HKO standard Phys.def Necrozma-DM, so things work out well with that imo. Naughty chosen as the nature since you're never getting anything out of the sp.def for the most part and to keep Hydro Pump as strong as possible while maxing out the physical attack.
General (Cloyster) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
:thundurus-therian:
:sitrus-berry: --> :life-orb:
Defog --> Focus Blast
Grass Knot --> Psychic

I think this can actually be a pretty cool and underrated pick on webs, as nothing really hard walls it. Life Orb for a ton more power over sitrus, and since this is a hyper offense team you don't want to Defog your own hazards and as such should run Focus Blast for the coverage. This thing can actually pick up some nice KO's I'll leave calcs for, but cool pick overall. Psychic lets it not be hard walled by Eternatus, generally a really good thing for an Electric-type attacker on the special side.
Zeus (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
Vs. :ho-oh:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 549-647 (132.2 - 155.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs. :zygarde:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Focus Blast vs. 16 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 385-454 (106.6 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 385-454 (91.6 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Vs. :necrozma-dusk-mane:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 383-452 (96.2 - 113.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Vs. :eternatus:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Psychic vs. 240 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus: 452-533 (93.9 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Vs. :groudon:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Focus Blast vs. 100 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 403-474 (110.1 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:calyrex-shadow:
:wise-glasses: --> :focus-sash:
Aromatherapy --> Nasty Plot
Trick --> Draining Kiss

This is the standard Nasty Plot Focus Sash set on hyper offense teams, and it's quite effective overall. It's a pretty scary sweeper when put in the right position, and the set that was here before didn't benefit a ton, since it was running moves like it was Choice Specs but was holding Wise Glasses, limiting what it could do overall. This set is fairly consistent on webs, and is a great pick to round out the core of attackers that started on the team.
Calyrex-Shadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Draining Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock

Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
Here's the full updated paste, I hope you like the changes! Unfortunately I had to remove a lot of the gimmick of the team but I think it's 100% for the best, it removed the unviable mons for the most part in Durant and Whimsicott while making Excadrill something more suitable for the strategy, and it fixed up the really cool core with Thundurus which I did like trying to build with here quite a lot. Lmk if you have any questions about it, I think this should make it a lot better and more consistent overall though.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)