SS LC Rate my LC team

I'm relatively new to LC, been playing for about 2 weeks and I'm looking for improvements before my LC open match.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick

Pretty self explanatory, the standard support Mienfoo set. Fake out for chip, HJK for good damage if it needs to face out against an enemy mon, Knock Off to remove eviolite against other Mienfoos and checks like koffing, Uturn for pivoting and is synergistic with Regenerator. Max speed is essential to possibly outspeed or at into speed ties with other Mienfoo.

Ponyta @ Berry Juice
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- High Horsepower

Part of the main offensive core with Grookey. Gets rid of grookey counters like grass types and steel types. Semi-reliable koffing counter in a pinch with High Horsepower. Wild Charge for natu and weakened water types. Flame charge to potentially outspeed checks like diglett and Abra. Flare Blitz for strong stab move and can activate Berry Juice. Evs are self-explanatory.

Grookey @ Eviolite
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance/Protect
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

The other half of the offensive core. Currently going as more of a bulky sweeper. Grassy Glide for a strong stab move and revenge killing. Knock Off support is always valuable,and drain punch for recovery and killing pawniards that switch in. I currently have Swords dance as a win condition but probably will replace it with protect to reduce my teams trapinch weakness. If that happens I'll probably replace eviolite with life orb and tweak the ev spread.

Pawniard @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Stealth rock setter and sort of a jack of all trades. Can be a Revenge killer, defensive pivot or offensive threat in a pinch. Stealth Rock for chip, sucker punch for priority, stab Knock Off for a strong stab move, and iron head for a neutral stab.

Mudbray @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide

The main revenge killer on the team. Also here to counter koffing. High Horsepower instead of EQ so my and enemy grookeys don't mess with mudbrays stab attacks. Rock Slide to hit larvesta, heavy Slam and close combat for more coverage. Again, nothing special about the ev spread.

Koffing @ Eviolite
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Def / 116 SpA / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb

The main tank and Mienfoo. Had mareanie in this role before but had a hard time breaking through opposing mareanie and foongus. Pain Split for some longevity, fireplace for threatening foongus, ferro, and pawniard, thunderbolt for mareanie and frillish. Some investment into SpA so it can actually threaten those mons.

Hello! this team is a really great start, but I think there are some set and mon edits that will improve its functionality immensely.

First, a major recommendation:

- Scarf Mudbray is extremely underwhelming in the current meta, and has a very difficult time breaking through Natu. It is particularly unnecessary on this team, as you already have a very capable revenge killer in Grookey. I would suggest replacing scarf Mudbray with either a standard Mubray set or another pokemon entirely. My personal suggestions would be eviolite Mudbray, Staryu, eviolite Diglett or Natu, you can check out sets for those by typing in /analysis [pokemon] on showdown.

Other than this, your Pokemon have some unoptimized sets and EVs. Here are my suggestions:

- On Grookey, I highly recommend Protect over Swords Dance because of the prominence of Trapinch. You should also be running Full speed with a Jolly nature to reach 17 spe, one of the most important speed benchmarks in the tier. Here is the edited set:

Grookey @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Protect

- On Pawniard, you should take a point out of attack and put it in speed. Reaching the 14 speed tier is more important than the extra attack point, as outspeeding eviolite Porygon is crucial. The edited set looks like this:

Pawniard @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

- Koffing is used as a physical wall and most special attackers will be able to do massive damage through the SpD investment as they often have psychic coverage. Try this spread instead, 12 spe is great for outspeeding and doing over 50% to Mareanie:

Koffing @ Eviolite
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 156 Def / 196 SpA / 156 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split

I would also strongly consider ferroseed over pawniard if you end up running eviolite mudbray, as you otherwise are forced to use grookey repeatedly as your staryu switch in. Eviolite Mudbray and Ferroseed go excellently together, as Ferroseed will ensure that opposing natus are knocked off. Try this set over pawniard if you do end up replacing it, though this suggestion is really purely personal preference.

Grindur (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 188 Def / 84 SpA / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

Great first team though, keep it up!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)