National Dex Rate My Latios Mega Team

i want to make a team with Latios Mega and i used a double trap core (pursuit + magnet pull) for psychic and steel elimination in the end i really liked how the team came but i'm not sure about the last two pokemon in fact i'm undecided between two versions of this team, pokemon and pokemon sets that change from one version to another will write them next to their counterpart

:ss/latios mega:
Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

latios mega is the reason I made the team is a powerful wallbreaker psichic is his main stab ice beam hits ground and grass types and aura sphere hits dark and steel types
:ss/magnezone:
Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
OR
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
then we have magnezone latios is very weak to steel types and magnezone helps by trapping and removing them magnezone in the other team version magnezone has the set choise specs because another pokemon has the z move but I prefer the sub set for trapping better mawile mega

:ss/weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

next we have weavile latios it is easily stopped by psychic types and weavile helps by trapping and removing them it also acts as a reveng killer for the team triple axel and knock off are his main stab and ice shard is useful for reveng kill pokemon like garchomp rillaboom and landorus-t

:ss/tapu fini:
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Scald
- Draining Kiss

next we have tapu fini with magnezone which eliminates steel types and latios mega which removes grass types calm mind tapu fine can act as a late game sweeper taunt stops toxapex haze e denying recovery from pokemon like chansey blissey e clefable scald allows tapu fine to effectively check heatran e drainning kiss allows tapu fine to cosistently recover HP alongside its leftovers

:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic
OR
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic
now comes the part where I actually had some doubts building the team I chose landorus-t to have a ground type in the team and to better deal with pokemon like lopunny mega or medicham mega in the first version of the team could also act as stealth rock setter but in that version the team doesn't have any pokemon with defog so i changed the next pokemon to have both stealth rock and defog in the team but i don't know if this is a good choice

:ss/melmetal:
Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
OR
:ss/heatran:
Heatran @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
-

as the last pokemon in the first version of the team I put melmetal the team was quite weak to fairy types like clefable tapu lele and diancie mega and being that magnezone removes the steel types opponents melmetal AV seemed to me a great choice for this role but as I wrote before the team lacked defog so after changing stealth rock on landorus-t with defog I put heatran and to still have a check for clefable and tapu lele I used the modest set with the z move and then I put the specs set on magnezone

Last edited:
Nothing looks wrong, but howd you decide on latios? Latinas(if they're mega) is generally considered better cause the defense goes up more than the attack, so you waste less stat points since they ofc the same BST. I mean this is maybe fine, but if you're not set on it try latinas to compare. Is there a relevance to the 12 Spe on the possible melmetal?

i chose latios because i wanted to try it i noticed that it actually looks like a latias to me but without the boosts with more instant offensive power is it really just a worse version of latias?

I was gonna say Latios is just slightly worse but an ok option, but looking at it it might be more severe. See, Latias has 20 less base SpA mega, but 30 more SpD, 20 more Def, and 30 less atk(it's already type weak to Foul Play.) To me that adds up to a much better mon when you factor in Recover. If latios got more Spe then I'd say it's a toss-up, as is I think go Latias. They are so similar thematically that I don't think you can be attached to one design much more than the other, so you're probably willing to switch Latis.

If you're sure you want Latios I think you need to differentiate from Latias(in a positive way.) Besides being all offense and Spe like you are already, I think you'd need to find room for Memento as it has nothing else over the twin besides the little bit of SpA. Also you can cac to see if you're doing anything notable over Latias.

To have fire coverage I tentatively support the 1st Magnezone set, w/ Melmetal. How are the 4x grass weaks(and how common are they here?) I always try for grass or Freeze-Dry coverage on my teams....or I did anyway. New rules in BSS but nvm that. Swampert, Quag, Gastro, and Toad can all be annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)