National Dex Rate my Grass Team: playing Monotype in normal National Dex.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Standard Serperior pulled from Smogon, alongside Rillaboom, he is my main sweeper. I mainly use Glare to keep any counters to my Grass type in check, alongside Substitute to capitalize on any slower, more passive Pokemon. Leaf Storm is self-explanatory, it's its main STAB damage move, with Hidden Fire being there to counter any Bug or Ice types that may pose a threat, which coupled with its high Speed, makes it great at removing them.

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Long Reach
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spirit Shackle
- Shadow Sneak
- Roost

Secondary physical damage dealer after Rillaboom, he's mostly in this team because of personal preference. No Grass moves. Decidueye has three main purposes on this team: 1. Countering any Psychic or Ghost types that could possibly threaten the team, with Shadow Sneak to get quick damage into faster Pokemon, 2. Trapping any Pokemon that I can't afford to be switched out, and 3. Attempting to OHKO any neutral threats with Sinister Arrow Raid. Its middling speed stat has proven difficult for me though.

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- High Horsepower

My main physical damage sweeper. Grassy Glide guarantees a quick OHKO on most Pokemon weak to grass, and if Swords Dance has been setup, it has amazing power. Knock Off and High Horsepower are there for better type coverage, and Grassy Surge allows for better healing on my Leftover Pokemon while Leech Seed on my other Pokemon nulls out the healing on the enemy.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This Pokemon has been functioning more as a support, yet I'm still not all that sure what to do with it. Spore and Clear Smog are excellent utility moves, allowing for me to sleep pesky Pokemon I want disabled for as long as I can, forcing switch-outs, and Clear Smog deals nice damage but is especially useful for resetting stat buffs. Regenator keeps him alive as long as he can too. But Hidden Power Fire and Sludge Bomb are almost afterthoughts, with not much use for these moves: Serperior is a much better Hidden Power uses, and I'm thinking of replacing Sludge Bomb with Toxic.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

A great overall wall. Iron Barbs makes enemies think twice about using physical moves, while Leftovers and Leech Seed make an OHKO the only reliable way I've seen to remove Ferrothorn. Pokemon struggling to remove him give me an excellent chance to setup Stealth Rock and Spikes, and Gyro Ball gives it a decent offensive attack. Fire-types absolutely destroy him, though.

Appletun @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Apple Acid
- Recover
- Leech Seed
- Dragon Pulse

I open almost every battle with him. Most of the time the enemy will open with a Fire-type, which barely tickles Appletun, and allows me to Leech Seed him if he doesn't switch it out immediately. Dragon Pulse and Apple Acid allow me to slowly kill enemy Pokemon while Appletun walls if they don't have an ideal counter, and most of the time the only counter against Appletun I've found are Ice and Bug type moves, which don't seem to be especially common in my experience.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)