SM OU Rate my Gen 7 PokeBank OU Team

Hey so with there not being a forum for Gen 7 RMT I figured I'd post here. This is the first team I've created for this Gen and it's a hail team, thanks to it getting some new tricks to play with.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Encore

The star of the show, and by far the most important piece. It has Snow Warning, so hail will activate upon entry. Its main goal is to get Aurora Veil up, which is a new move that puts up Light Screen and Reflect on the same turn if it's hailing.This is crucial as it allows the rest of my team to set up without being KO'd. It has Moonblast for STAB, Freeze-Dry to catch water types off guard, and encore to prevent it from being set-up bait. EVs are set so it can maximize it's speed, as Magnezone and Charizard X and Y are the only threats that can outspeed and OHKO it before it get's off AV.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze

Toxapex is basically Gen 7's Ferrothorn. It hs amazing defenses, has the ability Regenerator, and has a new move, Baneful Bunker, which acts as protect and poisons on direct contact. However in this moveset I prefer to use Toxic, just because Earth Powers and T-Bolts are the main things this thing is being hit with, and is more reliable than BB. I also have Recover to lengthen it's longetivity even further, and scald to cripple physical threats. When it's out with Aurora Veil it's virtually unkillable.

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Alolan Sandslash didn't seem like much until it got the new ability, Slush Rush, which doubles speedin hail. So after A-Ninetails sets up AV, it can then switch in and set up a swords dance without being OHKO'd. At this point it would have x2 attack, speed, defense, and special defense, which is insane. The goal of this pokemon is the do as much damage in as little time; it's usually the first one dead due to hail stopping and then aurora veil ending a few turns later. So it has life orb to maximize it's attack, swords dance to set up, icicle crash for STAB and Earthquake for excellent coverage.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Garchomp is another 'mon that has the ability to set up with AV, even without the doubled speed. Rough Skin is used to chip away at physical attackers, and then we have SD to set up, and dragon claw, earthquake, and fire fang for STAB and coverage. EV spread is set up for max speed.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Wave

Landorus is a great partner with Toxapex. Toxapex absorbs the water and ice moves that cripple landorus, while landorus is immune to electric and ground attacks. Life orb maxamizes potential with sheer force. Earth Power for stab, HI Ice to hit other landos and dragons, Rock slide for coverage and sludge wave to counter tapu bulu.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Finally we have Tapu Lele, who I initially added to protect A-Ninetails from being Bullet-Punched due to Psychic Terrain, but this thing is an amazing late game sweeper. Running choice specs allows it to obliterate whatever is left of the oppnents team, when combined with the extra power of psychic terrain and psyshock. The rest of my team wears the opponent down before this thing cleans up the mess. We also have moonblast for stab, hp fire for steel types, and focus blast for dark types. EV's are spread to max out speed.

EDIT: I guess one of my members didn't copy over so landorus has been added. Also garchomp is now life orb.

Last edited:
Maybe a Assault Vest or Choice Band instead since very few pokemon can OHKO it, Weavile and Mamoswine has a 6.3% chance of OHKOing unless you changr the EVs to 12 Def, and you're pretty set on being able to take out weavile with Tapu Lee or A-Sandslash. Other than that I don't see any problems, hope I helped.

Like Minuteman200 said, Garchomp is a little tubby dude,(hint, lefties) sash is like not having an item on him at all. However, your team looks awesome core wise, and it looks like ti holds up quite well. I mean, as a sixth mon (the sixth mon is ALWAYS the hardest, I swear) I would suggest mega Venusaur, with this set:

Rootpert (Venusaur-Mega) (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 100 HP / 76 Def / 252 SpA / 80 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

That's the set I run on All my venus, and I use a lot because he's the mega that has yet to let me down. He also cores quite well with ninetails, and puts pressure on the dankest of the dank water types that ice struggles with.

Notes of threats:
HEATRAN
CELESTEA
DUGTRIO (because reversal is hella dank)

Other than that, Happy team building :D

Like Minuteman200 said, Garchomp is a little tubby dude,(hint, lefties) sash is like not having an item on him at all. However, your team looks awesome core wise, and it looks like ti holds up quite well. I mean, as a sixth mon (the sixth mon is ALWAYS the hardest, I swear) I would suggest mega Venusaur, with this set:

Rootpert (Venusaur-Mega) (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 100 HP / 76 Def / 252 SpA / 80 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

That's the set I run on All my venus, and I use a lot because he's the mega that has yet to let me down. He also cores quite well with ninetails, and puts pressure on the dankest of the dank water types that ice struggles with.

Notes of threats:
HEATRAN
CELESTEA
DUGTRIO (because reversal is hella dank)

Other than that, Happy team building :D
So who would you replace then since my team already has six members? And yes, I changed garchomp to life orb, which is much better lol.

EDIT: Nevermind I can't count lol. For some reason my landorus didn't copy and paste over. But if it gets banned I'll definitely replace it with m-venasaur

Last edited:
So who would you replace then since my team already has six members? And yes, I changed garchomp to life orb, which is much better lol.

EDIT: Nevermind I can't count lol. For some reason my landorus didn't copy and paste over. But if it gets banned I'll definitely replace it with m-venasaur
Sorry bout that then, but I do think that venu still works better in this situation. I mean, two ice weaknesses, and although lando hits hard, you definitely need at least one more tubby mon. And by the context of the situation, "if it gets banned" I'm assuming you're using the Lando-I variant, and T is more of a tubby. Venu still fills the role better, unless you wanna use Lando-T to set up rocks (BUT VENU STILL CORES MUCH BETTER WITH YOUR TEAM). So, that being said, I really do like your team, and I hope you get high on the ladder with it.
Happy Team building! :D

Sorry bout that then, but I do think that venu still works better in this situation. I mean, two ice weaknesses, and although lando hits hard, you definitely need at least one more tubby mon. And by the context of the situation, "if it gets banned" I'm assuming you're using the Lando-I variant, and T is more of a tubby. Venu still fills the role better, unless you wanna use Lando-T to set up rocks (BUT VENU STILL CORES MUCH BETTER WITH YOUR TEAM). So, that being said, I really do like your team, and I hope you get high on the ladder with it.
Happy Team building! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)