Rate My Agiliperior team please

RATE MY TEAM PLEASE​

As mentioned in the title, the team is build around Agiliperior. So here you go :

Fan-Cy (Rotom-s) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP/254 Spd/8 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Confuse Ray

An annoying lead, inspired by battle tower tactics. I only prefer it's typing to Togekiss's. I tried a few other trick leads, but since I can do without entry-hazards, this one satisfied me the most. Being immune to fake-out is a little gimmicky in here, but I just don't like to lose a turn. It manages to cripple at least two pokemon in every match.

---

Heineken (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/254 Spd/4 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Baton Pass
- Grass Knot

I needed an answer to Swampert (and some other bulky foes who would give Rhyperior trouble) and this is what I came up with. I enjoy the Subseeding strategy in general, that's probably why I chose this moveset. Baton Pass is what sets Celebi apart from other users of this strategy and can ease seting up the rest of my team.

---

Bulldozer (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/254 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

The "star" of my team. I used this set in the battle tower (lacking a Garchomp on my Soulsilver cartridge) and have been quite satisfied with the results, so I wanted to give it a try in competitve play. I opted for Leftovers over Life Orb because the recoil got me in trouble too often, and the next addition to my team makes up for it quite well. And even without an attack boost, he still packs quite a punch.

---

Gliscor (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/254 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Another player suggested I should replace my scarf magnezone (which I had in order to get rid of scarmory, gyarados and scizor) with this guy after defeating me and this was a good advice. I am still unsure about rock polish vs roost though.

---

Howly Shit (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
- Roar

This guy faces serious competition in Gyarados, but he manages to catch most people who expect the Crocune set off guard. The absence of rapid spin on my team is what motivated my choice, but still, pressure vs. intimidate is a tough one too. The biggest problem with suicine is me underestimating it's bulk, especially on the special side, which got me into stupid decisions on some matches.

---

Hamlet (Tyranitar) (F) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 56 Atk/202 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

This thing is a beast, especially when it comes to Blissey-Hunting or faking a choice item. The sand storm also is a very welcome side-effect for Rhyperior, who even manages to take in a super effective special attack despite the lack of defensive EVs under the sand storm. It's name is Hamlet, because guessing if it's holding a scarf or not probably is the first thing the opponent does when he sees it. (On a side note, I know that Shakespeare's Hamlet is a man)

I have been quite satisfied with the team's overall perfomances, but I'd like to improve it. I count on you guys.

Here's my two cents on the "star" of your team.
1. It gets raped by Bullet Punch.
2. It fails to outrun some of the faster pokemon, even after a Rock Polish.
3. It is COMPLETELY outclassed by DD Tyranitar, and by other DDers as well. It simply does not pack enough power to sweep, even with Rock Polish.

Rhyperior's one of the most formidable pokemon in UU, but it simply doesn't hold up in the higher tiers.

I see you being a bit Infernape weak, seeing as much of your team is taken out by it (bar Suicune). If Infernape carries Close Combat, Fire Blast, HP Ice, and Grass Knot, it is going to hurt your team a lot with Suicune being one of your only checks. Suicune takes a load from Grass Knot so if you are a bit weakened, you could get swept.

To solve the issue, I would suggest a Life Orb Starmie.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump / Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

It can switch into any move bar Grass Knot and knock out Infernape with its STAB Water attack. It also gives you a lot of coverage. Recover is used to give you more longevity though Rapid Spin could be used if you are worried about entry hazards.

Good luck!

First thing I noticed:
This team does not have Stealth Rock. I recommend changing Baton Pass on Gliscor to Stealth Rock. SR is arguably the most useful move in the metagame and all teams should have it.

Now, on to threats. This team is very Weavile weak (bar Suicune like Shiny Azelf said). Weavile has a Super Effective STAB move against everyone on your team except for Suicune, again. Here's what I suggest:

First of all, replace Rhyperior. While it poses a major threat in UU, its performance in OU is terrible. Try something like:

@ Life Orb
Naive Nature
252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
-Stone Edge/Mach Punch
-U-Turn/Grass Knot
-Close Combat
-Overheat/Fire Blast

This gives your team a Fire type which can counter Weavile and this will also help to resist other Infernapes, which, like Shiny Azelf said, are a threat. But now you might think this team lacks a main sweeper. I suggest changing your Tyranitar to Dragon Dance Tyranitar:

@ Babiri Berry / Life Orb / Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge / Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Fire Punch / Earthquake / Aqua Tail

This set provides a great sweeper and excellent type coverage. At +1, Tyranitar could do some massive damage.

Also, as I would recommend the same thing Shiny Azelf did. It would help this team greatly.
To solve the issue, I would suggest a Life Orb Starmie.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump / Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover
This completely fixes your Infernape problem and adds a very powerful Water attack, which Suicune lacks since your using the CroCune set.

Good luck!

Hello guys,

First of all, you seem to have missed out on the title : this team is built around rhyperior. If I take him out, I could as well make a whole new team.

Next, if I replace baton pass by SR on gliscor, what would it be good for to have 2 boosting moves. Gliscor is in here in order to ease Rhyperior's setup. But I have to admit I have a greater problem in having no other pokemon which it would make sense to pass a swords dance to.

Choice Band Weavile does a maximum of 70.4% with Low Kick on Rhyperior, which still doesn't hold me from getting up a substitute and OHKO back with rock slide. In theory at least. Plus, Rhyperior isn't meant to come out without being baton passed things from gliscor. Now let's say an opposing weavile comes in on gliscor (after I used rock polish on the switch). What do you think it would lock itself into ? Ice Punch or Low Kick ? A CB Icepunch does even less damage to Rhyperior (56.1%-66.6%).

I agree on Dragon Dance Tyranitar posing a big threat to opposing teams, however, species clause would prevent me from using it alongside the moveset I am currently using, which is one of the few elements in my team I really have no doubts about (I had some before testing it, but now I love it).

Infernape could come in handy in deed. Maybe instead of Celebi. How about this one ?
Hasty 172 Att / 144 SpAtt / 192 Spe @Life Orb
-Close Combat
-Overheat
-Grass Knot
-Stone Edge

Starmie would be great too. But who could I replace ? If using Starmie, I would use something like :
Timid 4 HP/ 252 SpAtt / 252 Spe @ Life Orb
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin (I probably wouldn't find any opportunity to use recover anyway)

Finally, could you please give me your opinion on doubts I expressed in the OP ? Like Suicune vs Gyarados, and should I give roost to gliscor ? How about using SD instead of rock polish on Rhyperior, and replacing gliscor's SW by Roost ? How about Rotom-S vs. Togekiss with the same set in the lead position ?

Well, I have to tell you that your team is much more suited to UU. Besides, Rhyperior is UU,
Bullet Punch, Infernape, and Salamence will be your doom. Infernape will will kill all but Suicune. And Salamence will just beat Suicune up really, really bad ( NO Ice Beam), and if that doesn't kill you it will cripple you anyways. Then Infernape comes in and Close Combats you to death.

Leadape vs you

Leadape switches out to Salamence, Rotom uses Air Slash, not too much damage.
Salamence uses Dragon Claw, OHKO.
Rhyperior comes out. He gets killed in another OHKO.
You switch to Leadape and kill 2 more Pokemon.
You have 2 Pokemon left. Your opponent has 1 hurt Pokemon and 5 healthy ones.
You send in Suicune.
Your opponent switches out to Metagross/Starmie/whatever
Suicune Surfs, Metagross Thunderpunches.
Suicune.... DIES
Metagross switches out to Salamence, you send in Gliscor.
Gliscor gets killed by Salamence. See how easy it is?

Well, I have to tell you that your team is much more suited to UU. Besides, Rhyperior is UU,
Bullet Punch, Infernape, and Salamence will be your doom. Infernape will will kill all but Suicune. And Salamence will just beat Suicune up really, really bad ( NO Ice Beam), and if that doesn't kill you it will cripple you anyways. Then Infernape comes in and Close Combats you to death.

Leadape vs you

Leadape switches out to Salamence, Rotom uses Air Slash, not too much damage.
You switch to Leadape and kill 2 more Pokemon.
You send in Suicune.
Your opponent switches out to Metagross/Starmie/whatever
Suicune Surfs, Metagross Thunderpunches.
Suicune.... DIES
Metagross switches out to Salamence, you send in Gliscor.
Gliscor gets killed by Salamence. See how easy it is?
??? vs you

???? switches out to Salamence, Rotom uses Air Slash, not too much damage.
??? switches to Leadape and kills 2 more Pokemon.
You send in Suicune.
Your opponent switches out to Starmie
Suicune Surfs, Starmie Thunderbolt's.
Suicune dies.
??? switches out to salamence you send in gliscor.
gliscor gets killed by salamence. See how easy it is?

revised. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)