Project RarelyUsed Teambuilding Competition (round 18: Staraptor) submissions open until Augist 12thth)

BU + Trailblaze Tauros HStack

:sv/mudsdale::sv/tauros-paldea-fire::sv/mismagius::sv/toedscruel::sv/revavroom::sv/goodra: click on the sprites for the pokepaste
The Pokemon of this week was Toedscruel, so i decided to start with it. It is a very good spinner, and Spikes setter, as it also get Knock Off. This is the first support of the team.
Leftovers gives Toedscuel a passive healing, as it doens't get recovery moves except Giga Drain and Leech Seed. Mycelium Migt is its only ability, so i chose it (please give Toedcsruel a better ability). Steel Tera gives it a very good defensive typing. 216 speed and Timid nature allows to outspeed 95 base speed pokemon, like Primeape and Arcanine. Spikes are very good for hazard stacking. Giga Drain is its grass stab, and gives h=it a little healing. Knock Off is very useful to remove to opponent's item. Rapid Spin remove hazard of our side.
My second defensive pokemon was Mudsdale, as i needed a physically defensive wall that can wall most of the phyisically offensive pokemon of the meta. It's also our Stealth Rock setter.
Leftovers gives Mudsdale recovery. Stamina help Mudsdale check physically offensive threats. Water Tera gives it a Ice and Water resist, very useful vs snow for exemple. The spread is pretty basic, max hp and max def. Stealth Rock, just the best move of the game. Earthquake is its stab. Heavy Slam gives coverage and take advantage of Mudsdale's big weight. Roar can phaze an opponent.
My first offensive pokemon was Tauros. Bulk Up + Trailblaze set is a very good sweeper, as it gets Intimidate, and a very good typing and bulk. Once its counter are weakened or koed, it can sweep very easily, as it can setup on a lot of pokemon of the tier. It also takes advantage of the stack hazard.
Leftovers gives Tauros recovery, to help it setup. Intimidate is an excellent ability, as it help Tauos setup on physically offensive threats like Revavroom and Weavile. Fighting Tera boost Close Combat's damage. The spread is very basic, max attack and max speed. Bulk Up allows Tauros to setup. Close Combat and Raging Bull are its stabs. Trailblaze gives Tauros a speed boost, very useful to sweep.
As i wanted to keep my hazard on the field, i added Mismagius to act as a spinblocker. It's also a very good wallbreaker, or sweeper, with its Substitute-Nasty Plot set.
Leftovers gives its a recovery, to help use Substitute and setup. Levitate gives Mismagius a Ground immunity. Fairy Tera gives a Dark resist and boost Draining Kiss's damage. 176 speed allow it to outspeed 95 base speed pokemon like Primeape or Arcanine. Substitute and Nasty PLot are its setup moves. Shadow Ball is its stab. Draining Kiss hit Dark types.
Revavroom was chosen for its ability to check Fairy types, as my team was weak to them. With Choice Scarf, it's also our speed control and revenge killer. It also acts as a fast pivot thanks to Parting Shot.
Choice Scaf adds speed control to the team. Filter is a really good ability, to reduce super effective damage. Steel Tera boost iron Head's damage. The spread is very basic for an offensive set, max attack and max speed. Iron Head and Gunk Shot are its stabs. Toxic punished the Mudsdale or Palossand who switch on Revavroom, to help Tauros end-game. Parting Shot is a really good pivot move.
Goodra was add to the team to have a very powerful wallbreaker that can ko or weaken Tauros's checks. Its perfect coverage and its very good stats allows it to being very very good during the most of the game you can play with the team. It also covers the team's weaknesses, like Fire and Water types, thanks to the Assault Vest.
Assaut Vest allows Goodra to check most of the specially offensive threats of the meta. Gooey is a good ability, which can reduce the opposing pokemon's speed if it make contact with Goodra. Poison Tera gives it a Fairy resist and boost Sludge Bomb's damage. 60 speed allows it to outspeed Brute Bonnet and Altaria which want to outspeed Brute Bonnet. Draco Meteor is its stab. Sludge Bomb hit Fairy types. Flamethrower hits Steel types. Surf hits Ground and Fire types.
Hope you will like it !

Last edited:

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
:iron thorns: :tsareena: :vaporeon: :Heracross: :Grafaiai: :oricorio:

So this week I was inspired by Aldo to build around CB Iron Thorns and that's what I ended up with. While Thorns has decent ins on some defensive mons and the ice types it still needs pivot to work more efficiently. As it also struggles against ground types, Tsareena was the perfect choice to back it up bringing slow pivot, ground resistance and spin to the team. Then I paired it with sp.def Vaporeon to build a solid 2 piece core for defense. Vaporeon can also help Iron Thorns entering the field with some wishpass action. Scarf Heracross was next because it's an excellent partner for Thorns as it can help it break the opposing team by setting up spikes and benefits from it afterwards as it makes late game sweeps pretty easy. As another win condition I added Oricorio which also serves as another fighting and fairy check. Last, Grafaiai is especially here as anti-cheese, knock off to make spikes more impactful and extra pivot.

Overall the team works really well, CB Thorns is a fun set. I'm not that used to build teams more on the offense side but this time I think I did a pretty good job. I would be interested if you have feedbacks on this one.

Last edited:
:sm/samurott: Round 13: Newly dropped starters :sv/typhlosion:

samu.png
typh.png
The lesser discussed new drops to the tier have been these two starters which slowly fell to this tier after their tera raids. They don't have useful utility moves like rapid spin or a strong second stab but they still have some unique traits to set them apart from their competition. Samurott has the choice of going special or physical and it is the only water type in the tier that can be both bulky and offensive, plus its unique and strong coverage moves. And Typhlosion has awkward stats but it has a solid speed tier that ties with tauros and has raw power higher than anything else in the tier with eruption.

Teambuilding criteria:
Your team submission must be legal in SV RU and have Samurott or Typhlosion on it.

Submission deadline: Teams should be submitted by 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Friday, June 23rd, voting will then go until 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Sunday, June 25th.​

:Samurott: :Tsareena: :Klefki: :Oricorio: :Krookodile: :Mismagius:https://pokepast.es/95550431bdc5e128

I have a weird Tsareena obsession so I only have spikestack teams and no variety, plzz forgive me.
I Will bring variety next time.

Anyways we have Substitute Samurott which is an amazing mon and can weaken teams real quick.
We also have Tsareena which spins and makes sure i am not weak to opposing Hazard spam. Oricorio adds a wincon and makes a nice FWG core while also being a nice fighting resist. Klefki does klefki things, set up spikes check fairies and weavile and spread yellow magic. Krook adds a ground, a rocker, and a ghost resist. Mismagius is the scarfer and my fav scarfer.
Samurott can drop Grass Knot for Knock off or go all out physical with substitute. Its EVs allow it to outpace Max speed ada obama. Oricorio outspeeds scarf base 80s at +1.

Hope you enjoy the team.

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
:sv/typhlosion: :sv/krookodile: :sv/dragalge: :sv/bronzong: :sv/oricorio-sensu: :sv/tsareena:

Alright so I wanted to try building around Typhlosion this week to see if my view of the mon changed and let's just say it has not. I went for scarf typhlosion as revenge killer and somewhat wallbreaker thanks to eruption being a stupid move. I immediately paired it with taunt krook to set hazards up and lure probably the biggest threat to scarf typh which is Altaria. Altaria can't do anything to this krook set and therefore gets chipped away very easily. Then I added Dragalge for more hazards, fighting resistance, grounded poison type and phazing. Bronzong complements it quite well as steel type and ground immunity. I then opted for tsareena as hazards remover, slow pivot and another check to krook. To finish, I went for Oricorio sensu to clean during late game after typh weakened the opposing team or mid game sweeper to let typh have fun late game depending on the matchup.

Overall the team works fine. I still don't like Typhlosion because it's quite hard to make it work against good players. But some of the mons it gets countered by such as opposing Dragalge, Altaria or even Coalossal and Naclstack (because let's face it, we're never hitting these focus blasts, at least I know I'm not lol) are pretty easy to wear down (as this team takes care of them very well) so it manages to be somewhat useful most of the time.

:sv/delphox: Round 14: Delphox :sv/delphox:
1688403017106.png

Delphox is the hot new thing in the tier thanks to pokemon home drops, and while next month is sure to bring more chaos, Delphox is the talk of the town for now. Delphox brings a unique and powerful offensive typing thatis difficult to resist and threatens both common psychic resists and fire resists with a super effective hit from its other STAB. Delphox's new toy this generation is nasty plot, boosting its high damage to even higher levels. However, there are still plenty of other ways to build with it. The tier isunsettled and open, now is the time to make the next big team.
Teambuilding criteria:
Your team submission must be legal in SV RU and have Delphox on it.

Submission deadline: Teams should be submitted by 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Friday, July 8th, voting will then go until 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Sunday, July 10th.

Last edited:
:Lycanroc: :Delphox: :Cloyster: :Weavile: :Revavroom: :Oricorio-Sensu:

This time i brought a different archetype Woohoo!!!
Lead Lycanroc starts of with rocks and taunt
Cloyster is a great sweeper annd had Tera grass + Facade which turns burns from Altaria into not a very large death sentence
Weavile is another ice sweeper which can make it easier for Cloyster to sweep or the other way around.
Revavroom is another pretty broken sweeper which is hard to deal with. Sub helps to set up against alt and naclstack if thats still a thing. Tera dark prevents prankster shenanigans from the keys Grimm and the new Tornadus.
Oricorio is another classic i dont really need to explain it.
Finally the star of the show: Delphox. This thing is fire and anyone who says it is not, is lying. Np makes for a cool sweeper that is easily revenge killed but adrenaline orbs turns the tables on intimidate scarfer like Krook and the Bulls letting delphox more of a sweeping threat.
Hope you enjoy the team.
Edit: Whoops seems like got too excited, anyways I corrected that, sorry.

Last edited:
:Lycanroc: :Delphox: :Cloyster: :Weavile: :Revavroom: :Oricorio-Sensu::Lycanroc: :Delphox: :Cloyster: :Weavile: :Revavroom: :Oricorio-Sensu:

This time i brought a different archetype Woohoo!!!
Lead Lycanroc starts of with rocks and taunt
Cloyster is a great sweeper annd had Tera grass + Facade which turns burns from Altaria into not a very large death sentence
Weavile is another ice sweeper which can make it easier for Cloyster to sweep or the other way around.
Revavroom is another pretty broken sweeper which is hard to deal with. Sub helps to set up against alt and naclstack if thats still a thing. Tera dark prevents prankster shenanigans from the keys Grimm and the new Tornadus.
Oricorio is another classic i dont really need to explain it.
Finally the star of the show: Delphox. This thing is fire and anyone who says it is not, is lying. Np makes for a cool sweeper that is easily revenge killed but adrenaline orbs turns the tables on intimidate scarfer like Krook and the Bulls letting delphox more of a sweeping threat.
Hope you enjoy the team.
I think u put too much sprites

Looks like there's only one entry this week, congratulations to Forest Guardian. :Lycanroc: :Delphox: :Cloyster: :Weavile: :Revavroom: :Oricorio-Sensu:
I'll share a delphox team I made: :brambleghast: :delphox: :kilowattrel: :mudsdale: :bronzong: :tauros-paldea-water: I built it around scarf delphox, since it has a very nice speed tier and is pretty much guaranteed to be the fastest scarfer, plus it gets very nice blaze boosted sweeps in the late game. Brambleghast provides crucial spin and spikes support to make up for delphox's rocks weakness, kilowattrel is a fast offensive pivot that can get delphox in safely, water tauros is the best wallbreaker in the tier imo and mudsdale and bronzong provide a defensive backbone, with bronzong occasionally able to just 6-0 teams with doouble setup.

:sv/brambleghast: Round 15: brambleghast :sv/brambleghast:

1689026524616.png

Another grass type spinner for RU, brambleghast is probably the most promising one to fall from UU. Brambleghast does many things that tsareena and toedscruel don't due to its ghost typing, access to strength sap and its ghost typing, as well as having spikes like toedscruel. Brambleghast can be a key player on hazard stack teams thanks to compressing the role of spikes and spin while also being a great anti-hazard pokemon. Brambleghast also has a whole bag of annoying tricks thanks to its multiple immunities due to its typing and wind rider, allowing it to serve as a solid check to tornadus and kilowattrel. Find the best way to exploit the opening brambleghast gives you and share your creations here.
Your team submission must be legal in SV RU and have brambleghast on it.

Submission deadline: Teams should be submitted by 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Friday, July 14th, voting will then go until 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Sunday, July 16th.

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
:delphox: :orthworm: :dragalge: :vaporeon: :brambleghast: :passimian:

I used this team in ssnl and it's feeling pretty good. I found this cool stack hazard defensive core of Orthworm/Dragalge/Brambleghast which is very solid and added a Vaporeon to relieve some pressure off Dragalge against fire and water type attacks while checking krook and opposing delphox pretty effectively and wishpassing onto the worm and the dragon. Bramble is here to spin, spinblock while taking care of opposing bramble, resist ground and spread more healing with leech seed. For the pure offense we have scarf pass to help with pivot, knock off, cleaning in late game and occasionally punishing defog attempts. Then Delphox as a wallbreaker (and sweeper to an extent) with grass knot tera grass to break opposing vaporeon and also stuff like Iron Thorns.

Overall pretty bulky team but progress is made very easy with hazards and Delphox/Passimian can take advantage of this very effectively. Hope you'll like it.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Bulky Offense Team that ended up having quite the unintentional color synergy of pinkish red and black, neat. Brambleghast is weird, I dont know if I can call this mon good or bad... but it is definitely useful with notable traits on its typing, ability and roll compression. Pretty standard spin/spikes/stab/sap moveset. Having an spinner of this type always makes facing a sensu a problem, you really want a partner that can switch into and let you play a bit more recklessly instead of having to constantly double, decided to pair it with spdef bombirdier to always have that insurance while being healthy enough. Dragalge is just a goated glue atm, dont think it needs much of an introduction.

The rest of the team is kind of standard with the moxie krook being a phenomenal cleaner that I love spamming, and banded aqua tauros just being fantastic. Glad to have him back. Last one is Magneton which I honestly really likes in this meta, many teams just struggle a shitton to switch into it safely, and it is rather fresh choice for a steel type. Eviolite let it check flyers in a pinch. Cool mon, could be used more imo.

Not much more to say so hoping you all like it, feedback is always welcome. Cheers!

:Florges: :Bronzong: :Krookodile: :Brambleghast: :Inteleon: :Dragalge:

I got the idea of trick scarf florges on discord so I decided to try it.
Trick Florges can basically ruin it's few answer and turn checks like non-trick bronzong into complete setup fodder which is amazing imo. With synthesis to recover hp and calm mind to boost it can be a very threatening wincon.
The next mon is Inteleon which is just really amazing. I can say a lot about it but I won't (wait for my hopeful vr post this Sunday). Hdb turns it into an incredible pivot mon and it's just as threatening without specs. Tera Electric Tera blast hits vaporeon while having the defensive purpose or resisting Kilo's stabs and threatening it with s powerful ice Beam. Scarf krook is scarf krook not much to say about it. I really like Intimidate on it as it enhances krooks defensive ability even more. Bramble ghast adds a spinner, spin blocker and spike setter all in one slot while also checking Kilo, Torn and Aqua Bull. Bronzong is just amazing imo it needs more respect but anyways it sets up rocks, becomes an annoying wincon with Id + Bp. Dragalge is a really cool glue mon being able to check the Bulls and more while still applying offensive pressure is amazing utility.
EVs:
The EVs on florges allow it to outspeed base 95. While it can still easily live hits and just be an annoying tanky mon and just have fun.
Bramble outspeeds specs Sylveon and draglage can take the Bulls hits while being as threatening as possible while setting up tspikes to possibly allow inteleon and friends to rip through teams with greater ease with dragon tail being a just in case if we start losing to the dancing birbs while being an amazing shuffler.

Hope you like the team

:sv/inteleon: Round 16: Inteleon :sv/inteleon:

1689608414919.png

The latest starter to take a break in RU after it got a tera raid, Inteleon has proven to be very good so far. It's got solid speed, high-damage and even one move that does something other than damage (u-turn). It may not have focus energy anymore but it still has a variety of sets available. You can run a scope lens set with snipe shot for consistent crits, go for the raw offensive power of choice specs or run scarf for the ability to outspeed some sweepers at +2 speed. Teams in need of a specially offensive speedster will love Inteleon, try and find what pokemon support it best then share it here.

Submission deadline: Teams should be submitted by 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Friday, July 21st, voting will then go until 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Sunday, July 23rd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)