Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best Dragon on the tier right now?

I've been trying Druddigon the weirdo dragon. I reaches 372 attack with adamant and 252ev's. Has a decent bulk for the tier and and a powerfull STAB Outrage, but is very slow.

What more we have? Altaria and evioliters?

What is the best Dragon on the tier right now?

I've been trying Druddigon the weirdo dragon. I reaches 372 attack with adamant and 252ev's. Has a decent bulk for the tier and and a powerfull STAB Outrage, but is very slow.

What more we have? Altaria and evioliters?
Dragonair. lol. I like Gabite and Fraxure too. It's all personal preference.

I think that with band, nature and ev's it can get 558 attack. Not to bad, but it will almost always move last except for walls.

The primary dragons are Altaria and then eviolite forms of OU dragons like Dragonair, Shelgon, Gabite, etc. None of them are really that great tbh. Altaria is decent as a special sponge, at least.

Anyone that doesn't know what to use in this tier should look at my thread <_<
It's a good threat list, but as for "what to use," you should let individuals get creative with their teams. There's lots of hidden potential here, and we don't want a stale static metagame right now.

Eviolite Seadra could probably work on a rain team though I haven't seen it.
Kingdra is good for its unique typing/STAB, so trying to use Seadra (even if it did get Swift Swim) would be pointless when you have tons of other better Swift Swimmers at your disposal. Also, you don't have time to build up your offenses from a bulky Eviolite base, because unlike Drizzle in OU, rain only lasts up to 8 turns here (which anything with a big water resist or water-immune ability can stall out for). Rain teams want to hit fast and hard.

Altaria is a beast. Good typing, Dragon dance, heal bell, EQ, and this gen it got cloud nine. But it already has naturaal cure.... But still, I enjoyed using his versatality to wreck shit up in UU last gen

Dusknoir's extra Attack is also rather irrelevant anyways seeing as it still fails to really deal significant damage. Dusclops has Lugia-like defenses iirc(minus the HP).

How's Shedinja fairing in this? Has anybody used it?
...nevermind, just answered my own question since the only thing it would be useful against is Cress, and even then all it would do is force a switch.

How's Shedinja fairing in this? Has anybody used it?
...nevermind, just answered my own question since the only thing it would be useful against is Cress, and even then all it would do is force a switch.
Its actually somewhat useful against Bouffalant, but then again thats only to force a switch. Most Bouffalant sets run Normal/Electric/Ground/Filler.

Toxic and Stealth Rock and shit like Leech Seed are everywhere in this tier...it's not a safe place for Shedinja.

Shedinja is actually pretty annoying if you're not ready for it. It comes in on something to force the switch and uses Swords Dance, then it uses Sword Dance again when you attack, and it survives with Focus Sash. Then it fires off Sucker Punches and Protects to stop from taking status.

Shedinja is actually pretty annoying if you're not ready for it. It comes in on something to force the switch and uses Swords Dance, then it uses Sword Dance again when you attack, and it survives with Focus Sash. Then it fires off Sucker Punches and Protects to stop from taking status.
The only way that can screw you over is if you suck.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
And even then it can't hit hard. It lacks a physical STAB above base 60 power. I've used it and was really underwhelmed.
I remember wrecking stuff in RSE with a Dusclops holding Focus Punch and Shadow Ball, so I don't see how Dusknoir can't continue to do the same with Focus Punch and Sucker Punch. A 25% boost in Attack is significant, and Dusknoir does have lot of versatile offense (EQ, Elemental Punches) to somewhat compensate for the lack of power. The best use of Dusknoir would be to combine his offense with disruptive tactics (Will-O-Wisp, Snatch, Trick, Destiny Bond, Trick Room, Disable, Confuse Ray, Taunt, Toxic, Pain Split, Memento).

In the end, I agree with your main point, though. Dusknoir suffers the 4 moveset syndrome, and thus cannot really pressure the opponent offensively. Moreover, the boost in Dusknoir's Attack pales in comparison to the 45% higher Defense of Dusclops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)