Pelipper @ Damp Rock

Ability: Drizzle

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA

Bold Nature

- Hurricane

- Scald

- U-turn

- Roost

Pelipper is of course the most obvious rain setter here. Hurricane for stab and great power, scald is for burning physical attackers and is also stab. U turn is for switching, of course, letting my pelipper tank damage and then switching out to my Swift swim users or others.

Roost is for reliable recovery so that I can have a rain setter at all times and the Swift swim users can benefit. I prefer damp rock as it allows for a full 8 turns of rain, which is important because I’m usually switching out to other Pokémon cause I can’t damage the opponent well, and this makes it easier for my Pokémon to be able to wreck havoc on the opponents team, and also providing benefits to my team for a longer time. It’s stats is to help it to be as physically defensive as possible to combat physcial attackers.

Barraskewda @ Choice Band

Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Close Combat

- Flip Turn

- Liquidation

- Crunch

Barraskewda is the first benefited from rain. Its already high speed plus double from Swift swim+rain makes it almost always go first, unless other Pokémon has a speed boost to out speed it. Jolly nature is to outspeed pokemon when there is no rain. Some examples of this is Weavile, Tapu koko, or full speed Ev plus +spe nature tornadus. (And other Pokémon That can outspeed it with 371 speed no +spe nature, but aren’t good.) close combat for steel types and others, and possible water absorb Pokémon. Flip turn is powerful with rain and I don’t use it much though because it takes too much prediction sometimes as if the Pokémon stays in, bad things. Liquidation is stronger Water move and is good paired with rain late game as it can sweep the rest of the weakened enemy team. Crunch is for dragapult and psychic types. Choice band for the extra attack, and Evs are simple.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Power Whip

- Knock Off

- Leech Seed

ferrethorn benefits from rain as it’s fire resistance is dealt with when rain. It’s good as a hazard setter and utility, and also a wall for special attacks and a pain for physical attackers without super effective moves. Some examples is both special and physical dragapult, (special if only if it doesn’t have flamethrower). Stealth rocks for rocks, power whip for giving it at least some form of good attack (but more because I kept meeting a calm mind clefable in games and wanted a way for ferrothorn to deal damage, and also others) leech seed for more recover as playing defensively and offensively usually wears the team down, and leech seed can help heal all Pokémon on my team. Knock off is utility to remove items, good. It already has good special defense, so I just gave it more defense and hp.

Seismitoad @ Life Orb

Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Ice Punch

- Liquidation

- Earthquake

- Power Whip

Another rain Pokémon, can both be physical or special, but i chose physical as it’s attack stat is a little higher and it has more coverage. earthquake for steel and others, ice punch for grass and flying, liquidation for stab plus boost from rain, power whip for destruction of opposing water types. Life orb for more power at the cost of health, powering up all its four moves. Choice band could be used but requires more prediction. jolly to outspeed scarf kartana in rain, but at cost of lesser attack, and a little bit more speed added to its Low speed without rain.I do feel it’s quite weak when there isn’t rain though. Electric immunity too.

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Thunder

- Defog

- Hurricane

- Roost

Zapdos is another physical wall I guess I didn’t really know what to put here and zapdos was quite common so I put it here. It’s moves have high power and rain makes them 100 accurate. Defog is to remove hazards that can wear my team down, roost to be able to continue defogging and stay alive, heavy duty boots for hazards. Evs for a fast Zapdos.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Psychic Surge

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Psychic

- Psyshock

- Shadow Ball

- Moonblast

Speed control, and late game sweeper. I usually get it in the field with pelipper u turn as it’s quite weak, or when a Pokémon faints and I’m down with 3 to 4 Pokémon, or 2. It helps equalise everything, and is the teams best special attacker. Moonblast and psychic for stab, Psy shock for wrecking walls, shadow ball I guess coverage? Choice scarf for speed control, evs are simple

You made a pretty good team
Here are Some changes i Suggest
=> Change to set of pelipper
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Use this set instead , It allows pelipper to take Special attacks very well as well as physical attack
And Pelipper isnt a offensive mon in your team so Defog better suits it than hurricane

=> Power Whip -> Body Press (On Ferrothorn)
Fighting is a better attacking type than grass
And Body press help against magnezone trappers

=> Defog -> Weather Ball (On Zapdos)
Weather ball give more coverage to Zapdos and get a great Boost from Rain

=> Shadow Ball -> Thunder (On Tapu Lele)
Thunder is a very strong move on Rain and way better than Shadow Ball , It also provide coverage
You also might Consider giving it Modest Nature as it is Already Scarfed

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Use this set instead , It allows pelipper to take Special attacks very well as well as physical attack
And Pelipper isnt a offensive mon in your team so Defog better suits it than hurricane

Thunder is a very strong move on Rain and way better than Shadow Ball , It also provide coverage
I just want to add that you could replace one of your psychic moves on lele with future sight, which could be used to help skewda and zapdos break things they otherwise couldn't

So
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

So basically removing defog on zapdos to give it a little more offensive pressure and a good base 100 power move in rain. and giving pelipper a little more utility with defog for it instead, and make it more of a special wall, but it does lose hurricane which can be a good strong attack for it, as it deals with grass types such as rillaboom and others, but maybe it’s okay
As for Ferrothorn I’m not too sure as although body press would be the best choice power whip does have stab and it can be used well sometimes. I’m also not too sure about going with thunder for tapu lele cause of the accuracy without rain, but I’m not too sure as it will give coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)