Rain OFFENSIVE!

At a glance:

Hi there. I'm just getting back into competitive Pokemon and I'm not quite sure how well my team will fair. I've always loved rain dance (my specialty team) and of course, drizzle politoed is something I want to crack out. I've been reading articles and RMT's and the like, and I think this team may be pretty good! (but not great)

Polited @ Choice Scarf
Modest 252 SpA 252 Spe
-Surf
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam
-Perish Song

The essential member of any rain team now in days. I opted for scarf because it appears to be the most useful set for politoed and, given the offensive nature of my team, I don't want to be slowed down at all.

I opted for perish song at the end because, from what I read, hp(grass) doesn't do nearly enough to its targets. With perish song I can break down BP chains, stop boosted sweeps, cause switches, and make for a very morbid end game.

One major question I have for politoed is what OHKO's do I miss out on by using surf over hydro pump and by how much percentage do I miss out on these crucial KO's?

Another question: How much will focus blast do to a standard TTar. Is it worth the risk?

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
impish 252 hp 184 Def 72 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Facade
-Protect

From what I've read, this Gliscor is a very important member for any rain team, giving it ease against sand. I've seen this set all over the place! One big focus of my team is to take out Trick Room and Sand, which Gliscor facilitates nicely :3

One question I have for Gliscor (similar to toed's), what damage out put am I missing out on not having Facade? In the face of Salamence, Garchomp, other Gliscor, Dargonite, and the like, how much more will I be wanting it? I do suppose that depends on what the rest of my team looks like, huh?

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Quiet 252 Atk 252 SpA
-Hurricane
-Aqua Tail
-Extreme Speed
-Roost

Ever since I learned Dragonite gets both Thunder and Hurricane I prophered the special attacking rain set, but I personally feel this Dnite may be more effective, especially if I lose rain the entire match. But hey, I'm not experienced in this meta so what do I know?

I opted for roost over brick break because I do enjoy the longevity it brings. I'm still questioning using the ThunderCane set over this one (with brick break), but I'm just not sure.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid 252 SpA 252 Spe
-Thunder
-Surf
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam

I've always used Starmie as a spinner in the past, that hasn't changed in this gen. Since I have a greater focus on using him as a spinner I dropped his life orb to gain lefties healing. I felt recover to be negligible in the face of ice beam. And Thunder on Starmie's just terrifying!

Only questions I have are aesthetic ones. LO vs Lefties. Recover vs Ice Beam.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed 252 Hp 48 Def 208 SpD
-T-Wave
-Leech Seed
-SR
-Power Whip

I'm a bit new to this guy, but he looks pretty solid for any rain team! I opted for twave over spikes or anything else to aid Dargonite, Gliscor, and (as seen below) Toxicroak in fending my opponent. From what I understand this set is standard? Not much to say on it passed this.

One question though. Though power whip is much more highly recommended, should I opt out for gyro ball?

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Adamant 244 Hp 252 Atk 12 Def
-Bulk Up
-Sucker Punch
-Drain Punch
-Substitute

From what I've read this guy can tank! But is he necessary? Could I do better with a rotom-w? A latias? Cloyster? I'm really not sure. When building teams I have a lot of momentum before it comes down to the final player. When I get there I'm lost.

What I really want is to lay a lot of hurt on trick room and sand storm. This guy seem to fit the bill, but how well? It's hard for me to tell sometimes.

I've had a great time using that toxicroak with sd over bulk up. Mainly because instantly gives sucker punch a large jump in damage. I've also run max speed on a speed beneficial nature so you can sub up on a predicted status. this might not be your play-style but give it a shot. :P

You might want to actually test your team before coming here, bro.

Since your team is supposedly hyper-offensive, swap out Gliscor for Excadrill. Maybe even Scarf that beast.

Nobody expects a Scarfed Excadrill, and it thrashes Magnezone, which is otherwise a problem for your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)