Raider's RMT (UU)

I'm totally new to the competitive battling scene, and made a UU team to use on shoddy. I won my first match with this team, but lost my second, so I decided to get some feedback on how to make things better!. Here goes...

Roserade- Lv. 100, Natural Cure-Focus Sash-Timid
252 HP/88 Sp.Attack/170 Speed
-Sleep Powder
-Toxic Spikes
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire

Standard Roserade lead, works pretty well. Use Toxic Spikes, then use Sleep Powder to force switches. Hidden Power Fire hits Steelix's and other grass types, and Leaf Storm for STAB.

Clefable- Lv. 100, Magic Guard-Choice Specs-Modest
68 HP/252 Sp. Attack/188 speed
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot/Hyper Voice/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball

This thing is a killing machine. The first three moves are have great coverage, but the last slot is a little up-for-grabs. Grass Knot is great against bulky waters like Milotic, Slowbro, and the rarer Slowking. Hyper voice is really just for boosted STAB. Focus Blast is for pesky rock pokemon like Rampardo and Probopass, and Shadow Ball hits Banette, Rotom, and Mismagius for a lot of damage. I really don't know which one I should stick with.

Charizard Lv. 100, Blaze-Salac Berry-Adamant
252 Attack/6 Defense/252 Speed
-Belly Drum
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Outrage/ ThunderPunch

BellyZard. Fire Punch kills almost everything, Earthquake for everything else, and Outrage is good against Altaria, but I might replace it with something else like ThunderPunch, which kills Water Pokemon.

Gardevoir Lv. 100, Trace-Leftovers-Modest
252 HP/48 Sp.Attack/176 Sp.Defense/32 Speed
-Will-o-Wisp
-Wish
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball

Wish Support that can fight back. Not much else to say.

Arcanine Lv. 100, Flash Fire-Choice Band-Adamant
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Thunder Fang
-Overheat

Another killing machine. Boasts 600 Attack stat, and it's Flare Blitzes kill everything in its path. Very fast, to boot. Overheat is for physical walls like Steelix. Might be a little redundant after Charizard, but I'd rather use Arcanine than Charizard.

Milotic Lv. 100, Marvel Scale-Leftovers-Bold
148 HP/252 Defense/108 Sp. Attack
-Hypnosis
-Recover
-Surf
-Ice Beam

Sleep Support. Does it's job well, but it's always the first to die.

Well, thats my team. I'm new, so criticism is welcomed, and I really do want to improve. Thanks!!!

I'm totally new to the competitive battling scene, and made a UU team to use on shoddy. I won my first match with this team, but lost my second, so I decided to get some feedback on how to make things better!. Here goes...

-Sleep Powder
-Toxic Spikes
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire

Standard Roserade lead, works pretty well. Use Toxic Spikes, then use Sleep Powder to force switches. Hidden Power Fire hits Steelix's and other grass types, and Leaf Storm for STAB.
fine.

-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot/Hyper Voice/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball

This thing is a killing machine. The first three moves are have great coverage, but the last slot is a little up-for-grabs. Grass Knot is great against bulky waters like Milotic, Slowbro, and the rarer Slowking. Hyper voice is really just for boosted STAB. Focus Blast is for pesky rock pokemon like Rampardo and Probopass, and Shadow Ball hits Banette, Rotom, and Mismagius for a lot of damage. I really don't know which one I should stick with.
fine if you want a special sweeper.Focus Blast or Shadow Ball should be used.
-Belly Drum
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Outrage/ ThunderPunch

BellyZard. Fire Punch kills almost everything, Earthquake for everything else, and Outrage is good against Altaria, but I might replace it with something else like ThunderPunch, which kills Water Pokemon.
Why no Substitute?Use Dragon Claw over Earthquake.
-Will-o-Wisp
-Wish
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball

Calm over Modest.You can make it a Tricker,with Choice Scarf/Specs,Trick,Will-o-Wisp,Psychic,Wish.
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Thunder Fang
-Overheat
Flare Blitz,Extremespeed,Thunder Fang,Crunch.Adamant reduces Special Attack and Overheat should not be used.Crunch OHKOes ghost types.Replace Adamant with Jolly.

Special set can be:
Arcanine @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Timid / Hasty / Naive
4 HP / 252 Speed / 252 Special Attack
Intimidate
-Hidden Power[Grass] / Hidden Power[Electric]
-Overheat
-Fire Blast / Extremespeed
-Dragon Pulse

Special set..Hidden Power[Grass] for Rocks and Waters,Hidden Power[Electrics] for Waters as well.(Flying too).Overheat is the most powerful Special Fire move.Fire Blast is incase you run out of Overheat PP.Extremespeed for KO-ing weakened foes.Dragon Pulse for dragon types.Use Hasty or Naive if you run Extremespeed.(It has 592 Special Attack and 256 Attack) and can prove a good sweeper.
Another killing machine. Boasts 600 Attack stat, and it's Flare Blitzes kill everything in its path. Very fast, to boot. Overheat is for physical walls like Steelix. Might be a little redundant after Charizard, but I'd rather use Arcanine than Charizard.

-Hypnosis
-Recover
-Surf
-Ice Beam
Hypnosis,Toxic,Surf,Recover.Sleep Clause is always active in Shoddy,so at least you can spread poison with Toxic.Give it a Flame Orb for boosted Defense if you want.Replace Recover with Rest if you do so.

Well, thats my team. I'm new, so criticism is welcomed, and I really do want to improve. Thanks!!!
not a bad team overall.only slight altetrations should be made to make it better.

-Belly Drum
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Outrage/ ThunderPunch

-Will-o-Wisp
-Wish
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball

No casanova, use EQ, it has better coverage.use outrage, and have sub over fire punch. It then hits everything in uu for neutral damage.

-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Thunder Fang
-Overheat
Flare Blitz,Extremespeed,Thunder Fang,Crunch.Adamant reduces Special Attack and Overheat should not be used.Crunch OHKOes ghost types.Replace Adamant with Jolly.

Keep adamant! Casanova, you must be thick. He has 3 physical attacks, and 1 special! Replace overheat with crunch.

-Hypnosis
-Recover
-Surf
-Ice Beam
Hypnosis,Toxic,Surf,Recover.Sleep Clause is always active in Shoddy,so at least you can spread poison with Toxic.Give it a Flame Orb for boosted Defense if you want.Replace Recover with Rest if you do so.

nonono, casanova. Moveset is fine, but this ev spread is ou. Use a uu one in C and C. Keep item and moveset.

Bottom line: Change stuff, good team, don't listen to casanova.

-Belly Drum
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Outrage/ ThunderPunch

-Will-o-Wisp
-Wish
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball

No casanova, use EQ, it has better coverage.use outrage, and have sub over fire punch. It then hits everything in uu for neutral damage.
What if you get confused after using Outrage and you hit yourself when you have 25% health left?You die instantly.Dragon Claw is a better choice.lol,Blazed STAB Fire Punch > Earthquake.

-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Thunder Fang
-Overheat

Keep adamant! Casanova, you must be thick. He has 3 physical attacks, and 1 special! Replace overheat with crunch.
Jolly outspeeds some of Arcanine's threats.Adamant is also good but Jolly is a better choice since it is Banded.

-Hypnosis
-Recover
-Surf
-Ice Beam

nonono, casanova. Moveset is fine, but this ev spread is ou. Use a uu one in C and C. Keep item and moveset.
Toxic allows his team to stall more.Double status is very effective in UU and NU.
Bottom line: Change stuff, good team, don't listen to casanova.
frogoholic,read my reasons for asking him to do so.

Well, you say change EQ for dragon claw, but that is stupid. He will have 2 dragon moves. If anything, dragon claw over outrage.

lol EQ>fire punch, better coverage.

On milotic, I was mainly annoyed by the flame orb thing. Double status may be effective, but not at the cost of icebeam (a very good move)

Adamant>Jolly, secures some 2 ko's that Jolly doesn't.

Well, you say change EQ for dragon claw, but that is stupid. He will have 2 dragon moves. If anything, dragon claw over outrage.

lol EQ>fire punch, better coverage.

On milotic, I was mainly annoyed by the flame orb thing. Double status may be effective, but not at the cost of icebeam (a very good move)

Adamant>Jolly, secures some 2 ko's that Jolly doesn't.
i said Dragon claw over Earthquake and Fire Punch over Outrage.If I didnt say this on my previous quote,then I shall say it now.

The Flame Orb set is an old set that proved effective.Besides,Milotic has Marvel scale.I said IF he wanted to,NOT must.Ice Beam is good.But what if the last match up was Chansey versus Milotic? Milotic lose.

Ok you win for the adamant part.

*Here's how the Milotic set works:

Flame Orb activates.
You gain a Defense boost.
You Rest off your damage with your Defense boost on.
Then Flame Orb activates again.
Repeat from Step 3.

What i have to offer is switching hp fire to hp ground on roserade reason being is that alot of fire types ie blazrkin arcanine will be switching in on you so wys wouzld u want hp fire

Alsoo it takes care of all ice types and steel types from ruining ur fun

-Sleep Powder
-Toxic Spikes
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire

-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball

This thing is a killing machine. The first three moves are have great coverage, but the last slot is a little up-for-grabs. Grass Knot is great against bulky waters like Milotic, Slowbro, and the rarer Slowking. Hyper voice is really just for boosted STAB. Focus Blast is for pesky rock pokemon like Rampardo and Probopass, and Shadow Ball hits Banette, Rotom, and Mismagius for a lot of damage. I really don't know which one I should stick with. Went with Shadow Ball, gut feeling on ghosts.

-Belly Drum
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Substitute

BellyZard. Fire Punch kills almost everything, Earthquake for everything else, and Outrage is good against Altaria, but I might replace it with something else like ThunderPunch, which kills Water Pokemon. Went with Substitute, activated berries sooner.

Gardevoir Lv. 100, Trace-Leftovers-Calm
-Will-o-Wisp
-Wish
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball

Arcanine Lv. 100, Flash Fire-Choice Band-Jolly
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Thunder Fang
-Crunch

-Hypnosis
-Recover
-Surf
-Toxic

changes in bold. more comments appreciated

What i have to offer is switching hp fire to hp ground on roserade reason being is that alot of fire types ie blazrkin arcanine will be switching in on you so wys wouzld u want hp fire

Alsoo it takes care of all ice types and steel types from ruining ur fun
what? hp fire for more damage against ice than hp ground. when faced with fire, i switch to arcanine, whose flash fire ability absorb the blast. Roserade usually isn't fast enough to go up against faster fire pokemon.

Well i have used roserade lead wit it and was not ley down

Plus a DECENT trainer would know a fire ype was coming and use hp grounnd

well im comfortable with the roserade i've got. whatever works for you is fine. i just thought that since i have arcanine, the need for hp ground was lessened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)