Tournament PUWC IV - Finals [Won by India]

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
India has only become relevant in recent times due to the substantial improvement in resources and activity, but to see it come to fruition like this just makes me so happy. 2023 has been our most successful year yet, and its a surreal feeling to have rounded it off with a W. Funnily enough, we werent even supposed to be playing in this tour if not for the persistence of a few, but we did and we ended up going from finishing last to winning the whole thing :woo:

Shoutouts
RaJ.Shoot : First slot titan. The best and worst player of all time, sometimes in the same game itself. Watching you play gives all of us heart problems, that one pool game in particular was very funny. Undefeated with piyush teams as usual. Thanks for being a reliable slot for us in every wc including this one, youre the best. Good luck for everything, both here and irl. Noob.

J0RIS : Thanks for agreeing to play for us this tour. We all hold you in high regards in terms of skill, so it was comforting to have you in our lu.
Pools mu's wasnt so kind to you, but you clutched up when it mattered the most. Glad to have been part of your first team tour win!

TGA : Spectating your games made Raj's games look like Shakespeare, but you still somehow ended with an insane 5-1 record. Glad we pushed you to your limits particularly for finals, and it paid off big time. Remember all the stuff that you learnt this tour, be it building or in-gameplay (doubt), because a lot of India's future hopes banks on you. Enjoy this dub with some litti choka

skimmythegod : I keep giving you the same advice repetitively because of the talent you possess. You topped the ladder pre-tour, made that rly good arboliva team for pools, and were generally solid throughout the tour. The finals game was unfortunate fs, but we still won so who cares.
I truly believe that a skimmy that uses timer can beat anyone, so if you work on that youll be unstoppable.

memedose46 : My bro. We finally won after that rcb heartbreak. Thanks for being an active presence throughout even when you didnt play, with test games and such. Much like the advice I gave to skimmy, mid-game clickery is your biggest enemy. You played a great game in pools when subbed in, and it was just a glimpse of what you can be, so continue working on that. Gz on your first CA !!

USN : Im glad to have pushed for you to be in the team, because you were surprisingly super reliable after being subbed in. We werent super familiar beforehand, but your in-game sense is great and you got a good head on your shoulders. Got us some solid wins whenever you played, hoping to see you stick around for future tours!

Flareblitzkreig : Even though you were ready to support us from the sidelines, Im particularly happy to have had convinced you to be part of the team. Building is a fundamental aspect of the game that India as a whole needs to work on, but your presence means the tide is for sure turning. Hope you got some of your self confidence back after the hiatus, you were an awesome presence that we would all love working with in future tours!!

sapphiree : Ive told this to you before, but like skimmy I think youre a sleeper threat when it comes to potential. Glad that you got this oppurtunity to finally play, try to analyze where you went wrong and implement it for the future. You have the enthusiasm to improve so I'm certain that in the coming future youll be a rockstar :)

Taka : The Carry. Thanks for joining us after quarters, people werent lying when they said you are the best support. Finals Talisman given everyone that played test games with you won their games. Thanks for everything, hoping to team with you in future wcops in official capacity, gl in spl bro

DugZa : Nerd. Thanks for joining us in finals, all your help paid off big time. We also managed to break the dugza finals invite curse which was cool. Thanks for being one of my best friends :3

myjava : Clutchmaster. Won the last pools game and the last finals game. Youve been one of India's best players for a while now, so its nice to finally win something with you. A tyrant in-game (hehe gz), your game-play is something we can all learn from. You know im one of your biggest fans bro, hope you kill it in spl

Piyush25 : I hate how good you are, its sickening. I hate that you have 1 trophy more than me. I love that you went 5-0 vs some great opponents and carried our asses. I love that you built us so many teams - the veluza HO's singlehandedly got us out of pools and the psy terrain finals teams among many others. I love that youre finally being recognized by the big dogs. Thanks for being the 3rd manager throughout and taking my role when I was mia. Most importantly, thanks for being my best friend on this site. I truly mean it :')

Tanish : Saving the best for last. I dont think words can possibly express all that you've done for us to get here, but ill try. You were the primary voice that pushed for us to form a team, You were the one that made teams and resources pre-tour for everyone to get accustomed, You constantly coached, guided and helped anyone that was trying to get into the tier, You constantly checked up on everyone and played tests with anyone that needed, and You won most of your games, finals included. I dont know what more to expect from a manager/player, cause you set a bar that is high for anyone to achieve. I hope playing in these high stakes helped you deal with your nerves, because it goes without saying that you are one of our best up and coming players. Keep it up bro, you deserve way more credit because you were amazing this tour :D

Thanks to everyone that supported us both directly and indirectly. Thanks to every Indian that played for us in any of these wc's, there is no team with any of you. Thanks to PI for being a lovely place to hangout everyday.

Special s/o to the PU community and its contributors for maintaing such lovely resources. The role compendium, analyses and speed tiers allowed most of us to get into the tier with no prior experience.

This might have been over the top for some, but it truly meant a lot to us, and this post is just to decorate those emotions.
ESCN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)