SS OU Purified mist (dual-weather offense) peaked 1630

Hi everyone, this is my first post! I have been trying to make a good team for what feels like decades, since the beginning of gen 8. I have been liking the meta to some extent especially after the zygarde and kyurem-b ban. I feel like sand and rain go together nicely and are very good weather sources for the Pokemon it boosts.

https://pokepast.es/04cf6512f83146ab

Hippowdon :hippowdon:
Hippowdon is our sand setter, it's an ex-OU bulky ground type that can setup rocks, has recovery, can deal damage and put enemies to sleep, all while having safe swaps to pelipper because nobody is going to use an electric move, they will use moves that you resist. Which makes this thing deadly.

Excadrill :excadrill:
Ah good old excadrill. The original sand sweeper that still does it's job to this day. Get +2 attack and you're unbeatable with 400+ hp this thing causes switched so take use of sd. Iron head, rock slide and eq with life orb will spread anything in its path.

Dracozolt :dracozolt:
One of the best sweepers of used correctly. This thing can lure out Pokemon that usually Bolt beak wouldn't kill to surprise them with Super effective moves and kill em. Send this thing on an super effective or effective target and watch the health bar drop!

Pelipper :pelipper:
Pelipper is our rain setter and does decent damage with Weather ball and hurricane, it is also put defogger in case of sticky web, with u turn and min speed to ensure a sweeper doesn't take a hit

Barraskewda :barraskewda:
The swift swimmer! This thing is deadly under rain, it can outspeed a +1 (not scarfed) pherosma and most scarfed mons like lando t and heatran. This thing kills dragapult. Can deal with pex. And is very good in rain with LO.

Zapdos :zapdos:
Zapdos is one of the best rain abusers out there. It gets 2 stab base 110 moves that always hit in rain. Plus access to weather ball with a way of retreat. With specs this thing will kill you. It just will.

So that's my team, hopefully someone better than me can carry this to #1, I built this team 3 days ago and I'm already at 1600+ on an account I never used, hopefully I can hit #1, please leave suggestions and weaknesses in the post reply section

Last edited:
Hello ! Here to help :psysly:

#1 : In a Sand team, you're gonna need a solid Sandstorm setter. Gigalith's very weak, so my advice would be to pick either Tyranitar or Hippowdon but I would say Hippowdon considering the fact you already have Mandibuzz against Spectrier, which is literally everywhere atm :psynervous:

#2 : You should take Rillaboom off because his grassy terrain will weaken your earthquake, you can put Ferrothorn to prevent Grass & Water type mons to eat your team.

#3 : Heavy-Duty Boots on Cinderace unless you're gonna run a Bulk Up set, for obvious utility.

#4 : Life Orb + Draco Meteor & Fire Blast on Zolt, so you're not gonna get wall by certain mons, and especially Ground Type mons which are everywhere as well, so your banded Bolt Beak will never hit anyone.

I hope this was helpful ! :mad:

Hello ! Here to help :psysly:

#1 : In a Sand team, you're gonna need a solid Sandstorm setter. Gigalith's very weak, so my advice would be to pick either Tyranitar or Hippowdon but I would say Hippowdon considering the fact you already have Mandibuzz against Spectrier, which is literally everywhere atm :psynervous:

#2 : You should take Rillaboom off because his grassy terrain will weaken your earthquake, you can put Ferrothorn to prevent Grass & Water type mons to eat your team.

#3 : Heavy-Duty Boots on Cinderace unless you're gonna run a Bulk Up set, for obvious utility.

#4 : Life Orb + Draco Meteor & Fire Blast on Zolt, so you're not gonna get wall by certain mons, and especially Ground Type mons which are everywhere as well, so your banded Bolt Beak will never hit anyone.

I hope this was helpful ! :mad:
Gigalith is quite weak, but I find it better than hippo because it has more defence and gets the sp def boost from sand, I might try hippo tho. I tried kartana instead of rillaboom, maybe I'll go back to that. But I'll pro use ferrothorn for the bulk as another switch in from the sand setter. I rely on mandibuzz bulk to clear hazards and LO gives more damage. And for zolt I think LO is better so I'll use it. Thanks for the reply

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)