Tournament PUPL IX - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Hello and welcome to PUPL IX! We're looking for 8 managing duos this time around, eight pairs of two. Managers are expected to have past PUPL experience, managed in a Smogon team tournament before, and/or be a major contributor to PU. Additionally, keeping a team name from last year is highly encouraged, but not a requirement! To manage, please post the following in one post:
  • Your team name (please refrain from inappropriate names)
  • Whether you plan to continue an existing team or not
  • If not, what team from last year do you want the retention rights to?
  • Why you and your co-manager deserve to manage
Managers can purchase themselves as players for a price of 10k + 1.5k per PUPL VIII win. Managers are also expected to be active in their teamchat and respond quickly with substitutes or lineups. Player retains will be the player's price last year + 3k, as is generally the standard.

Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):
SV / SV / SV / SS / SM / ORAS / BW / DPP / ADV / Bo3 (SV/SS/SM)

Manager signups will close June 18th and player signups will be posted then with the chosen format and managers.

Last year's spreadsheet (to see last year's teams and potential retains)

zS

this is all a moo point
is a Top Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Manager: me
Assistant Manager: Arcobaleno
Team Name:
Joe Bidoofs
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):
i am a returning manager from last season where i managed the cheeky cinccinos alongside gorex and we made it to play-offs. i also have multiple other managerial experience, both in french community and on smogon where i managed a team to victory in nu snake 3, and made playoffs with AAA when i managed for puwc 2. i have been around the pu community for the past 4 years or so now so i’m familiar with the playerbase and pretty much every metagame. Arco is a more quiet yet very strong player who’s been flying under the radar for quite a while now. he’s a ladder player that’s been around since oras was the current gen and is one of the 3 people (me pepeduce and him) behind the ”schizo” accounts that you’ll often see topping most ladders. he does not have managerial experience to properly talk about, but he’s been shadow managing for me and pepe in french tours so he knows his way around it. he is also literally a metagame bible in fairy gens so he’ll be able to provide as much support as necessary for the team.
as for the team we’d like retention rights for, it’d obviously be my previous team!

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Manager: me!
Assistant Manager: Stone Cold
Team Name:
Dave's Doublades
I am undefeated in ORAS PU in PUPL (1-0 in 2016), I made finals of the DPP PU Cup, in 2021, I won the most recent SM PU Cup and I went 6-3 in SCL in SS PU, proving my competence across various generations of PU. Dave is one of the greatest managers in Smogon's history, accumulating six official team tournament trophies throughout his career. Our success in the recently finished CAPCL, GermanyPL, SMPL and UUFPL and the currently ongoing SSPL, ADVPL, DPPPL, VGCPL, PMPL, NUPL, BDSPPL, CAPPL and UPL speaks for itself.

Also, 5Dots, 64 squares, airfare, Akaru Kokuyo, Aqua Jet, AquaticCarlie, ArcticBreeze, Aurora, Baloor, Beka, Booty, Christos, Clementine, corvere, crying, Cubic Skunk, D2TheW, Danny, devin, dex, DiannieRatson, Die Ebenenspinne, Dj Breloominati♬, elednb, Empo, Estarossa, fade, fakenagol, Fantos13, Farce Of The Death, Fc, Goat Heart ♥, GoldCat, gorex, Grandmas Cookin, Hacker, Hayburner, Highlord, HSOWA, Huargensy, IcebergVGC, Icemaster, ima, Inder, Irene-2002, JesseVG, Jhonx~, Joya, Kenix, keys, Laroxyl, Lasen, lax, LBN, Lialiabeast, Lily, Liones, LRXC, MangoSteak, Mashing, Megumi, Memoric, Micciu, Mimikyu Stardust, mind gaming, Mishimono, Monai, MrSoup, MTB, NHelioX7, Nightingales, Nineveh, Oriol Plaza, phoopes, pichus, Potatochan, QWILY, Riesen_Oschi, riopaser, roxie, RufflesPro, Samqian, Shiba, shiloh, sierradawn, Sificon, Slowpoke Fan, SOMALIA, Sparksblade, Spellcaster, STABLE, Star, Staxi, StriiderVGC, stunner047, SuperEpicAmpharos, Sylveon used calm mind, Sylvi, Tabu_24, Tagmouse27, tazz, termi, The Kyle, The Strap, Theia, tier, tlenit, TPP, TyCarter, vani, Vileman, Xiri, xray, Xrn, xtra$hine, Z Strats, ZardicharVGC and zee can vouch for our competence as managers.

ishtar

lucky stars in your eyes ☆
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
PU Leader
Manager: ishtar ("r" is silent)
Assistant Manager: lasagna (asa)
Team Name: The Sliggoomfies
Ive had experience with the tier since SM, being in PUPL playoffs twice while supporting multiple slots, starting in Snake and also supporting players in SCL and individuals on the builder. Im also very familiar with the lower tier playerbase of Smogon due to my experience in other PLs such as RUPL and NUPL.
Allstarapology has been in the tier even longer than I have, being a consistent player since ORAS and supporting/playing in PUPL and WCOP for over 3 generations. Shes also one of the newest council members in the tier, proving her involvement and abilities. Shes also just really cool in general tbh...
dillon gave us the rends btw! viele dank avarice

Last edited:

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Manager: me!
Assistant Manager: Stone Cold
Team Name: Dave's Doublades
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): I am undefeated in ORAS PU in PUPL (1-0 in 2016), I made finals of the DPP PU Cup, in 2021, I won the most recent SM PU Cup and I went 6-3 in SCL in SS PU, proving my competence across various generations of PU. Dave is one of the greatest managers in Smogon's history, accumulating six official team tournament trophies throughout his career. Our success in the recently finished CAPCL, GermanyPL, SMPL and UUFPL and the currently ongoing SSPL, ADVPL, DPPPL, VGCPL, PMPL, NUPL, BDSPPL, CAPPL and UPL speaks for itself.

Also, 5Dots, 64 squares, airfare, Akaru Kokuyo, Aqua Jet, AquaticCarlie, ArcticBreeze, Aurora, Baloor, Beka, Booty, Christos, Clementine, corvere, crying, Cubic Skunk, D2TheW, Danny, devin, dex, DiannieRatson, Die Ebenenspinne, Dj Breloominati♬, elednb, Empo, Estarossa, fade, fakenagol, Fantos13, Farce Of The Death, Fc, Goat Heart ♥, GoldCat, gorex, Grandmas Cookin, Hacker, Hayburner, Highlord, HSOWA, Huargensy, IcebergVGC, Icemaster, ima, Inder, Irene-2002, JesseVG, Jhonx~, Joya, Kenix, keys, Laroxyl, Lasen, lax, LBN, Lialiabeast, Lily, Liones, LRXC, MangoSteak, Mashing, Megumi, Memoric, Micciu, Mimikyu Stardust, mind gaming, Mishimono, Monai, MrSoup, MTB, NHelioX7, Nightingales, Nineveh, Oriol Plaza, phoopes, pichus, Potatochan, QWILY, Riesen_Oschi, riopaser, roxie, RufflesPro, Samqian, Shiba, shiloh, sierradawn, Sificon, Slowpoke Fan, SOMALIA, Sparksblade, Spellcaster, STABLE, Star, Staxi, StriiderVGC, stunner047, SuperEpicAmpharos, Sylveon used calm mind, Sylvi, Tabu_24, Tagmouse27, tazz, termi, The Kyle, The Strap, Theia, tier, tlenit, TPP, TyCarter, vani, Vileman, Xiri, xray, Xrn, xtra$hine, Z Strats, ZardicharVGC and zee can vouch for our competence as managers.
1686536515861.png

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Manager: sasha
Assistant Manager: Lily
Team Name:
TBD
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): Lily and I have participated in the last iteration of PUPL and I have also participated in PUWC on US West, helping prep slots in both tours. I have managed many sub-forum tours, most notably being ORAS PL, SM PL, and SS PL currently, and I was a very active support last SCL. Lily has just won UUPL as manager and is heavily involved in ADV PU which is a developing old-gen and her general expertise as a player with our combined managing prowess between the both of us has us confident we can create a strong team this PUPL :heart:.

If we get manager, we would like to have the retain pool of the Detonating Ribombees from last PUPL (we got permission from gum)
go team

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
Manager-Myself!
Assistant Manager: uhBella
Team Name: The Chloe Crabominables
We would like the retains of dedennes if their old managers dont have a problem.
I have managed discord tours like adpl,btpl,bkcpl and have good results in all of them,not a majour contributor of the pu community but i have played pu and peaked the ss pu ladder.I have also capped india + row in bss wcup.

Last edited:

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
im aint managing but here's some sexy team names

The Milky Gogoats
STAB Sheer Force Liquidation Kinglers
Masked Masqurains
The Mistanks
Finding Luminemo
The Wacky Thwackeys
Zangoose and the Birds
Fraxured Bones
Vigorous Vigoroths
The Milky Camerupts
The Tinkletuffs
Party Hat Honchkrows
The Retaliating Stoutlands
H is for Regirock
Kanto's Wugtrios
Fantom Fanclub

more to come dw

Last edited:

DugZa

Carpe Diem
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
Manager: DugZa
Assistant Manager: ProDigeZz
Team Name: TBD
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): Both Prod and myself have demonstrated substantial amounts of experience with the tier and we've both played in multiple PU team tournaments including PUPL and PUWC. Prod put up a stellar 6-2 last PUPL and followed it up with a 3-1 showing in PUWC while also playing the tier in SCL. Meanwhile, I won PULT last year, went 5-0 in PUWC, finished runner-up in the PU Circuit Playoffs, and made it to semi-finals of PU Classic both last year and this year. Moreover, we also have experience managing other team tournaments in tiers such as UU and Monotype.
If selected, we'd like the retention rights for the Happy Huntails as Prod was part of the team last year.

Manager: me
Assistant Manager: Arcobaleno
Team Name: Joe Bidoofs
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): i am a returning manager from last season where i managed the cheeky cinccinos alongside gorex and we made it to play-offs. i also have multiple other managerial experience, both in french community and on smogon where i managed a team to victory in nu snake 3, and made playoffs with AAA when i managed for puwc 2. i have been around the pu community for the past 4 years or so now so i’m familiar with the playerbase and pretty much every metagame. Arco is a more quiet yet very strong player who’s been flying under the radar for quite a while now. he’s a ladder player that’s been around since oras was the current gen and is one of the 3 people (me pepeduce and him) behind the ”schizo” accounts that you’ll often see topping most ladders. he does not have managerial experience to properly talk about, but he’s been shadow managing for me and pepe in french tours so he knows his way around it. he is also literally a metagame bible in fairy gens so he’ll be able to provide as much support as necessary for the team.
as for the team we’d like retention rights for, it’d obviously be my previous team!
Confirming

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
Manager: Drud
Assistant Manager: pdt
Team Name: m.A.A.d city Magmortars
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): I've managed the past 2 pupls making it to playoffs both times while being 1 game away from winning the tournament the second time. I've played in pupl as a player since 2018, having won the tournament as well. Two time puwc manager as well where my team made the finals in the second edition of the tour. I have won while managing other tours such as ZUPL and BDSPPL, while having played a lot of team tours in general. pdt has played and won countless team tours, his resume speaks for itself. He's also been a very significant part of the team for two years in a row. We are both active and will make sure our team does well. oh and pdt is a lobby driver btw

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Manager: Drud
Assistant Manager: pdt
Team Name: m.A.A.d city Magmortars
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): I've managed the past 2 pupls making it to playoffs both times while being 1 game away from winning the tournament the second time. I've played in pupl as a player since 2018, having won the tournament as well. Two time puwc manager as well where my team made the finals in the second edition of the tour. I have won while managing other tours such as ZUPL and BDSPPL, while having played a lot of team tours in general. pdt has played and won countless team tours, his resume speaks for itself. He's also been a very significant part of the team for two years in a row. We are both active and will make sure our team does well. oh and pdt is a lobby driver btw
oldest standing lobby driver + run it back

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Manager: ishtar ("r" is silent)
Assistant Manager: lasagna (asa)
Team Name: The Sliggoomfies
Ive had experience with the tier since SM, being in PUPL playoffs twice while supporting multiple slots, starting in Snake and also supporting players in SCL and individuals on the builder. Im also very familiar with the lower tier playerbase of Smogon due to my experience in other PLs such as RUPL and NUPL.
Allstarapology has been in the tier even longer than I have, being a consistent player since ORAS and supporting/playing in PUPL and WCOP for over 3 generations. Shes also one of the newest council members in the tier, proving her involvement and abilities. Shes also just really cool in general tbh...
If pix doesnt sign up, hes lettin us take the Milkers (heheheheheheheheh)
actually since SM smh confirming

Manager: Ninja
Assistant Manager: oversway (Dominatio)
Team Name: The Lucky Leafeons
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): We have experience managing other team tours (I've managed NUPL twice making playoffs last year, Dominatio has managed UPL, making finals), we have lots of experience playing PU (I've played and won last PUWC and made semis of PU Open last year, and Dominatio won PU Open in 2020 and reached grand finals of a PU Seasonal in ORAS).

Last edited:
Manager: Ninja
Assistant Manager: oversway (Dominatio)
Team Name: The Lucky Leafeons
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): We have experience managing other team tours (I've managed NUPL twice making playoffs last year, Dominatio has managed UPL, making finals), we have lots of experience playing PU (I've played and won last PUWC and made semis of PU Open last year, and Dominatio won PU Open in 2020).
confirming

Manager: Howkings
Assistant Manager: Shaneghoul
Team Name: Destructive Dedennes
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): I have a considerable amount of managing experience on Smogon, both on officials and unofficials. Most of the tour I tend to join include PU tier from various gens, so I have an idea of the player pools already, and Shane can definitely give me a hand in this. He's PU TL and my former SCL teammate, so we've been working together in the past and it was a really nice experience. We are looking forward to repeating that and possibly doing even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)