Tournament PUPL IX - Finals [Won by m.A.A.d. City Magmortars]

Vertigo

wouldn't you like to know
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host

Amazing art by Chloe
  • Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the lovely Ticken
>>Replays and Usage Stats<<

:magmortar: m.A.A.d. City Magmortars (7) vs (1) Destructive Dedennes :dedenne:
SV PU: justdrew vs fish anemometer
SV PU: Fogbound Lake vs clean
SV PU: tier vs Floss
SS PU: Dj Breloominati vs Shaneghoul
SM PU: Xiri vs soulgazer
ORAS PU: Xrn vs pannu
BW PU: LpZ vs skrimps
DPP PU: Drud vs JabbaTheGriffin
ADV PU: Lily vs Jisoo
Bo3: pdt vs Danny

The deadline for this round is Sunday, September 10th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

m.A.A.d. City Magmortars (0) vs (0) Destructive Dedennes

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Let’s go tier

ishtar

lucky stars in your eyes ☆
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
PU Leader
Hii! I wanted to be cringe and write a little shoutout post to my amazing team. This was my first time managing and I was pretty nervous about the whole thing, but confident that I had the abilities. There's much I'd do differently but I have so many people to thank for how fun this was. I hope it was also special for ya'll and to continue seeing your faces. Oomfies forever <3

Firstly, I was obviously managing with the awesome asa. You became a very close friend to me this year and became a big part in my enjoyment of the tier, you were always patient, willing to listen and learn and show me where I was coming up short. You supported my ideals with the team and complimented me. I couldn’t have asked for a better person to manage with. We both grew exponentially for sure. Thank you for learning alongside me. :bonk:

Meri Berry, you were pretty much the third manager of the team. You helped asa and I with the draft and guided me through the process of how to succeed. You supported me when I was down and lifted me up even further when I was doing well. You also had some crazy good creative ideas in multiple tiers, nabbed some good wins in SS and helped SO much across the board. I’m so lucky to have you as my girlfriend and my fellow oomfie. So excited to know where we’ll go next, my pook <3 MYYY HEART’S A STEREOOOO

Chloe, I am SO glad I got another of my best friends as my teammate. Calling and building with you and meri was some of the most fun I’ve had playing mons ever and your sweetness and dedication lead to really awesome wins for us. I’m so glad you had a good tournament and we managed to get even closer through this experience. You’re really lovely and I’m always rooting for you!!! :broken:

EviGaro. If I had to name a person whose influenced my life playing this game, its you. You’ve guided me since my first PUPL 3 whole years ago, been there when I needed you the most both as a teammate SO many times but mainly as a friend. You’re my best friend and I hope my presence has been able to give you an ounce of what you’ve given me at least cause I think you truly deserve so much. :steamyengines:

Lunala, I didn’t know you very much before this tournament, but you’re probably the last person I’ve gotten closest to in a little while. I love your dedication to the game and your lovely way of being. You try to hide it but its there always cuz ur so nice and caring!!! Thank you for working so hard and becoming a really good friend. Ik we’ll continue being friends long after this. COOL.

Axrtix, mike! I didn’t know you at all before the tour but Meri trusted you, so I decided to do the same. You were in our plans quite early after I had seen your games and im SO happy we managed to get you so cheap. You worked so hard, innovated in your own way and managed to get a lot of amazing wins. Hope we can team up again sometime :3 :rain:

TSR, both asa and I had experience with you as a teammate and knew of your awesome potential and knowledge. You worked just as hard as I expected and more, and had a really amazing record. Even later on when you weren’t doing so well you kept working just as hard both in ORAS and ADV. Idk anyone who works harder than you and who loves the game in such a way. Very inspiring, so thank you!

DAHLI, I know you didn’t have the tour you expected or wanted, and I do feel like I personally failed you a bit when it came to SS. I can and will shit on that tier till it improves, but I’m still sorry I didn’t handle some of the team choices better or gave you more control. Your wins were some of the most fun in the tournament and I hope eventually we can team up again and work together more.

HANTSUKI, I wish I had more to say about you, but honestly you just went in with your stuff and owned almost every week LOL. Such a solid and underrated player. Thank u for trusting urself in the way u did and still doing your absolute best. Just keep using the last team.

SergioRules, Ara, Tuthur, Raahel, ya’ll were amazing teammates who helped constantly in slots and stepped up to play when needed. We wouldn’t have made it this far without your constant support and chat presence. Not starting for most of the tour does not make yall less important in the slightest, and anyone would be extremely lucky to have any of you in a tournament, starting or supporting, thank you <3 :lookscrazyhere:

Finally, ty gum for being an amazing friend and our only helper. Your help was definitely more than enough and I’m so glad I managed to sneak in my bestie into the cord. I also don’t think I woulda made it this far on this site without you so ty ig. Ly foomfie! damn…..

Also s/o to everyone who helped me test thru the tour. It'd be a lot to name y'all, u know who u are tho and I appreciate u.

Doing this was a really awesome experience and I wanna thank hosts Theia and Vertigo for a really smooth tournament, ya’ll did as amazing as I expected. I’m hoping to see some of ya’ll in SCL. Oh, and rooting rlly hard for the Dedennes, bring it home!

Ty all for making PU so awesome.
We did rlly well, Specs!!! <3

Last edited:
Predicts! Idk they're fun and i love being objectively wrong in a week.

m.A.A.d. City Magmortars (4) vs (6) Destructive Dedennes
justdrew vs fish anemometer (the person i would be most scared of when matched in r1 of swiss)
Fogbound Lake vs clean
tier vs Floss
Dj Breloominati vs Shaneghoul
Xiri vs soulgazer
Xrn
vs pannu
LpZ vs skrimps
Drud vs JabbaTheGriffin (I believe in Drud)
Lily vs Jisoo (the predicting against Chloe all season is gonna get Lily this win)
pdt vs Danny

m.A.A.d. City Magmortars (4) vs (6) Destructive Dedennes

m.A.A.d. City Magmortars (0) vs (10) Destructive Dedennes

20230710_105124.jpg

If trongolio carried Pupl finals I will support , if trongolio busters out I will cover my eyes and look away . Either way trongolio is here to stay and slay . His art is the plays he makes , his canvas is u looking foolish . We will be blessed to see another player of trongolio caliber in the next life time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)