PU PU CM Drampa

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Drampa @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Flamethrower / Hyper Voice

With Guzzlord being banned from PU, Drampa has managed to come back as a large offensive threat. This set utilizes Calm Mind in order for Drampa to serve as a late-game bulky sweeper, further supported by its access to Roost. Drampa's high Special Attack, decent bulk, and solid typing allow it to threaten out many foes such as Eelektross, Jellicent, Ferroseed, and Tangela, which it can use as a chance to start setting up. Drampa can even threaten weaker special attackers like Froslass after a Calm Mind, and even before a boost, Drampa is still able to hit hard and take hits. However, since Drampa is slow, it struggles against faster wallbreakers like Aurorus and Aggron, so it is recommended that they are taken out before beginning to set up. This can be accomplished by wallbreakers of your own such as Simisear and Primeape. It also helps to wear them down throughout the match with hazards, which can be set by Pokemon like Froslass, Qwilfish, and Alolan Sandslash.

Last edited:
Drampa @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

With Guzzlord being banned from PU, Drampa has managed to come back as a large offensive threat. This set utilizes Calm Mind in order to serve as a late-game bulky sweeper. This is furthered by its ability to recover its health with Roost. Drampa's high Special Attack, decent bulk, and solid typing allows it to threaten out many foes such as Eelektross and Jellicent, which it can use as a chance to start setting up (I'd like stuff such as Ferroseed and Tangela to be mentioned as mons you can completely exploit. Also, Specs Jellicent and Drain Punch Eelektross are rather uncommon at this stage so remove the bit about watching out for their coverage. I also want a mention of how it can take on weaker special attackers like Froslass after a Calm Mind boost). However, watch out for potential coverage moves from both. Other possibilities to look out for are a foe running Toxic or scoring a critical hit (I want this bit moved to the end where you talk about teammates; qwilfish and alolaslash can remove entry hazards and especially tspikes so you can throw that in where you mention them already). The set also runs max Special Attack with a Modest nature in order to maximize Drampa's offensive presence even before setting up. It also runs 116 Speed, which allows it to creep base 50 Speed Pokemon like Regirock and Audino. The rest is put in to HP to give it a little extra bulk (this sorta info seems meaningless for a spotlight; the purpose of a spotlight isn't to explain details like ev spreads unless they play a key role in how the set in question functions which it doesnt do here, and instead this reads out as something you can just look up on the strategy dex. My suggestion is to flesh out the matchups against the pokemon described earlier as that does a much better job showing what the spread can do rather than telling people what it is.). Since Drampa is slow, it struggles against faster wallbreakers like Aurorus and Aggron, so it is recommended that they are taken out before beginning to set up. This can be accomplished by wallbreakers of your own such as Simisear and Primeape. It also helps to wear them down throughout the match with hazards, which can be set by Pokemon like Froslass, Qwilfish, and Alolan Sandslash.
tag me when you do this, i want to see how this looks before stamping

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
Drampa @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

With Guzzlord being banned from PU, Drampa has managed to come back as a large offensive threat. This set utilizes Calm Mind in order for Drampa to serve as a late-game bulky sweeper. This is furthered by its ability to recover its health with, (AC) further supported by its access to Roost. Drampa's high Special Attack, decent bulk, and solid typing allows it to threaten out many foes such as Eelektross, Jellicent, Ferroseed, and Tangela, which it can use as a chance to start setting up. Drampa can even threaten weaker special attackers like Froslass after a Calm Mind, but still has to watch out for the foe getting a critical hit. Even and even before a boost however, Drampa is still able to hit hard and take hits (i don't think the critical hit line is needed since its common knowledge that crits ignore stat boosts). However, since Drampa is slow, it struggles against faster wallbreakers like Aurorus and Aggron, so it is recommended that they are taken out before beginning to set up. This can be accomplished by wallbreakers of your own such as Simisear and Primeape. It also helps to wear them down throughout the match with hazards, which can be set by Pokemon like Froslass, Qwilfish, and Alolan Sandslash. Qwilfish and Alolan Sandslash can additionally absorb Toxic for Drampa. (think it's safe to cut this out to reach the character limit as well unless this is a really important point and you'd rather cut something else out)
1/1 :blobthumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)