Done Protosynthesis/Quark Drive behavior with Skill Swap

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I noticed that now on PS, Protosynthesis and Quark Drive can be copied by Trace, this wasnt posible before, and made sure to check on internet if ithis was a bug on the actual games that got patched with the DLC update but I didnt find anything.
This was reported before, but I took a step forward to test if it is just a visual bug or if it actually did copy the abilities.

In this replay you can see how after Gardevoir traced Protosynthesis, the ability gets activated on the Sun.
1703304870876.png

Here, you can see how Gardevoir can actually make use of a Booster Energy once it gets the ability.
1703304932906.png

I did investigate if this was a bug on the games that got fixed with the DLC, but as I mentioned, I couldnt find any information that can confirm it, my apologies if this is not a bug.

I noticed that now on PS, Protosynthesis and Quark Drive can be copied by Trace, this wasnt posible before, and made sure to check on internet if ithis was a bug on the actual games that got patched with the DLC update but I didnt find anything.
Sorry if I’m not supposed to post here or something. I wanted to note some observations about the mechanics here.

I looked into this on sim early into SV due to the implications it has for 1v1, but Trace should not copy the ability against Pokémon with Protosynthesis or Quark Drive. Similarly, Skill Swap should fail as well. Holding a Booster Energy should do nothing to Gardevoir because it has no way to get those abilities.

I went a step further and tested these interactions on cartridge, and everything I said above seems to be the case. I have a video of this as well that I’ll edit into this post when I get the chance, but I’m currently not at my computer and will not be until later today, so I’ll do it at my earliest convenience.

PS Replay that shows Trace copying: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-2024061219-fl57gn8iapaxd5hqb4s6fihk5qmr3k2pw

PS Replay that shows Skill Swap working:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-2024062544-8w85s7my1sd4zf82v5yvht1gs1qt6egpw

TLDR: I tested this on cartridge Trace should not be copying Protosynthesis or Quark Drive, and Skill Swap should fail against Pokémon with the aforementioned abilities. I’ll try to get my cartridge videos of this happening in this post by tonight.

Edit: Here’s the video. I stopped by at home so it was a good time to get this up. Also idk how to put videos onto Smogon without using smth like YouTube so sorry about that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)