Battle Stadium Protean Quark ( Half Protean/Libero + Half Quark Drive ) Fun Theme Team

Explanation of idea behind the Team: I played through most of violet main story with a Protean Sprigatito that I got as a mystery gift for downloading pokemon home app on smart phone. I knew from previous games that Greninja had protean; and looking at wiki, I found that Cinderace also had Libero which is just Protean under a different name. 3 Starters, of 3 different types, all with Protean and I wanted to make a team around it. That's the first half of the team.

The second half I don't have much strong feelings for. Just 3 strong pokemon to pick up the slack for nerfed (this gen) Protean and Libero. I didn't want to use any legendary on the team because I think it's cooler to win (or at least try to) with non legends. I kinda wanted Iron Treads on the team because the game gives you one with 30 IVs in all stats. Iron Hand looked cool while I was looking for pokemon to fit into the team and it has great typing (fighting/electric). For the last pokemon, I thought I might as well put in another paradox future 'Iron' pokemon with Quirk Drive so it makes a theme for the team.

I like a team having a solid theme over being good at winning.

The Choice was between Iron Bundle and Iron Valiant and Iron Valiant is clearly the better pokemon for this team but I instead went with Iron Bundle because I had fond memories of trading Delibird with present during holiday season in pokemon sun and moon.

This team desperately needs a flying pokemon to switch into predicted STAB earthquakes. I could use a Air Balloon... but it keeps poping...

I am not using any berries or one time use items because I am still using this team in the single player post game stuff. If I used this team for solely Battle Stadium I would use stronger items like choice bands, choice scarf, choice spec, energy boosters, etc : I hate being forced into using a single move by the choice items. I dislike refilling red cards and Booster Energy after every battle.

Another theme that this team has, (That happened by coincidence while building the team), is that they all have U-Turn or variation of U-Turn (U-Turn, Volt Switch, Flip Turn.) This helps Protean and Libero activate multiple times. Even Iron Treads have Volt Switch if I get rid of Stealth Rock or Electric Terrain.

Volt switch on Iron Hands and Flip Turn on Iron Bundle only tickles the opposing pokemon: which makes me sad :blobpensive:. But U-turn on the 3 Starters have STAB and matches their physical attack stat and does good damage. Wish I could make Volt Switch and Flip Turn work on Iron Hands and Iron Bundle and Iron Treads.

Meowscarada (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
Level: 75
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Play Rough

The Weed Cat. (I am more of a Hoppip fan but it's hard to use Jumpluff competitively.). Maybe it would be better with the Life Orb?

Greninja (M) @ Quick Claw
EVs: 166 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Poison
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

I am considering changing poison tera to ice tera... not sure...

Greninja used to be a ninja god tier before they nerfed Protean.
OIP.jpeg

Cinderace (M) @ Red Card
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

I gave Cinderace a red card because it's a football player theme pokemon and you get red cards in football.

I can't believe none of the sample build for Cinderace on smogon strategy dex mention Acrobatics. Did people forget that it's 110 power 100% acuracy flying move (with STAB because of Libero) on Cinderance when it's not holding an item. Just give Cinderance a consumable held item or not give it any item. With Flying Tera, you can boost this move even futher.

I am not much of a foot ball guy but that Pyro Ball animation is damn FIRE.

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Volt Switch

Volt Switch*tickle*

Iron Treads @ Terrain Extender
EVs: 78 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Electric Terrain

180 Spe instead of 252 Spe because I want Atk to be boosted by Quark Drive instead of Speed.

I use Stealth Rock for 6v6 Link battles and I use Volt Switch for Battle Stadium.

Volt Switch*tickle*

Iron Bundle @ Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Ghost
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hydro Pump
- Tera Blast
- Flip Turn

Flip Turn*tickle*

Modest Nature instead of Timid Nature because I want SpA to be boosted by Quark Drive instead of Speed.

Ghost Tera to avoid Normal Tera boosted Extreme Speed.

I want to use Booster Energy so bad but it's a one time item and I accidently use them up in single player battles. I don't like swapping items in and out between single player and multiplayer content.

With this team, I am just a Rank 5 - Rank 4 pokeball tier trainer. I could get higher rank if I played more seriously and put in effort to learn my opponents team.

So far, I am enjoying Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. I love changing my pokemon's type and activating my trap UNO-reverse card. Still missing Mega Evolutions though...

Suggestion for the team are appreciated. I just want to keep the 3 Protean+Libero Starter Pokemon. I don't care much about the other 3 pokemon slot. I would love to keep U-Turn on all 3 starters so that I can reset their nerfed ability mutiple times in battle.

I hate 1 time use items and items that restrict my playstyle. Hack! I am using protean team, just so that I have STAB on all moves instead of just 1 or 2 moves. But because of the nerf, I have to take an extra turn swapping in or out to get that STAB and super effective moves that I crave. It's really satisfying when it work out and it's soul crushing when my opponents already know my playstyle.

My main opponent is a kid with full uber legendary team Mewtwo, Ogerpon (Wellspring), Chien-Pao, Bloodmoon Ursaluna, Koraidon/Hisuian Arcanine, Annihilape. Would love to beat this joker. I think he is currently playing through pokemon sword to add Zacian and/or Eternatus to his team.

Below

Changed almost every held item beside assault vest on iron hand.

Change Iron Hand's ground tera to fighting or electric feels like a waste.
The suggested set in strategies dex under Battle Stadium Singles suggests a ground / grass / water or fairy tera: not electric or fighting.
The reason is because Iron Hands is slow and by using ground tera you can avoid an otherwise super effective hit and also get stab on EQ.
The problem with tera stab fighting is that ghost and ghost tera is immune to it; and you don't have a super effective move against ghosts on iron hands. The problem with tera stab electric is that ground is immune to it; and you don't have a supper effective move against grounds and ground teras on iron hand. Tera stab earth quick is perfect for Iron hands because flying is immune to it but iron hands can answer flying types with it's electric stab that it already has.

So if they predict your tera EQ, you can predict their predict and go for stab wild charge. Only ground/flying is safe but those are 4x weak to ice and easy to take-out with greninja or iron bundle.

Can't justify using Zapdos over Iron Hands. Iron Hands is just better for the team from my data crunching and theorycrafting. I would use it if it had higher stats or if it worked with electric terrain. It's a fast pokemon but my team does not lack fast pokemon. My team lacks bulk and Iron Hands with Assault Vest is that bulk. I would try running a defensive zapdos with assault vest but it still less bulky than Iron Hands.

Final nail on the coffin for zapdos is that it breaks the current theme the team has. Quark Drive/Paradox Pokemon/Future 'Iron' Pokemon.

The main reason for Tera Blast on Iron Bundle is something a little petty.

STAB Fighting - Iron Hands
STAB Flying - Cinderace
STAB Poison - Greninja
STAB Ground - Iron Treads
STAB Rock - Greninja
STAB Bug - All 3 Starters
STAB Steel - Iron Treads
STAB Fire - Cinderace
STAB Water - Iron Bundle
STAB Grass - Meowscarada
STAB Electric - Iron Hands
STAB Ice - Iron Bundle
STAB Dark - Meowscarada
STAB Fairy - Meowscarada

STAB Ghost - Ghost Tera Tera Blast

Out of the 18 types in the game. I have 14 STAB move on just 6 pokemon with out relying on Terastallization. Normally you can only get 12 max. All of them do decent damage and none of them are weak stall type pokemon.

The STABs that are missing are:
STAB Normal - but normal is never super effective against anything; so I never cared about STAB normal.
STAB Dragon - but dragon is only super effective against other dragon and nothing else; so I don't care about STAB Dragon.

STAB Psychic - I can easily fix this by changing Cinderace's High Jump Kick into Zen Headbutt. Or by changing greninja's ice beam into Extrasensory. I can also sacrifice a u-turn instead.

The reason I am not running STAB Psychic is because it's a sacrifice I decided to make to make the team slightly more competitive.
I would obviously love to have STAB psychic but the meta is such that I require 2 STAB Fighting (Iron Hands and Cinderace) and 2 STAB Ice (Greninja and Iron Bundle).

There are exactly 3 pokemon that are 4x weak to psychic. Sneasler, Toxicroak and Okidogi. Okidogi is a new DLC pokemon that I did not plan for. And I hope I never run into a competitive Sneasler or Toxicroak.

To make up for the loss of STAB Psychic, there is compromise: psychic is 2x effective against fighting and poison. I am running 1 STAB Ground on Iron Treads and Tera Ground EQ on Iron Hands. To compromise for fighting, I have STAB fairy with meow and STAB flying with Cinderace.

Poison type is probably the strongest type to use against my team because I can't always rely on Tera ground EQ on Iron Hands if I already used up tera on something else.

Fighting type is probably the second strongest type to use against my team because my grass/dark meow might get 1 shot if it gets outspeed before it can change type with protean into a STAB Fairy.

The reason for not using Dark Pulse on greninja is also petty. The great advantage Greninja-protean has is that it has a more popular relative ash-greninja or battle-bond greninja. They overshadowed protean-greninja for all the promotions that ash-greninja got. I wanted to add to this even further. I wanted greninja to not have any STAB that a casual player would think it has. No STAB Water , No STAB Dark.

More reason for ghost tera terablast is that I am struggling against an extremely bulky mewtwo and a fast annihilape. Mewtwo can learn any move and my opponent can keep changing moves between battle to keep countering my protean sets. I can't 2HKO the mewtwo... I need an answer to mewtwo outside the 3 protean starters. Fighting against legendary team without using legendaries just sucks. Normally you can win against full legendaries if your opponent is a child but my opponent is experienced and good at knowing what moves I'll use. Only way I can keep up with him is by predicting his switches with my own Voltturn Core and using chump-blocks and getting revenge kills. I think that mewtwo is way too bulky. Maybe even an assault vest. He also runs multiple will-o-wisp to half my attack stat with burn. I really want to beat him without using legendaries...

Mewtwo, Ogerpon (Wellspring), Chien-Pao, Bloodmoon Ursaluna, Koraidon/Hisuian Arcanine, Annihilape.
The bigger threat than personal battle against mewtwo and the damn monkey is Multiscale Dragonite in battle stadiums, so I am going to give Iron Bundle Ice Tera and change tera blast to Ice Beam.

Using Modest Nature instead of Timid Nature to boost sp. atk with quark drive (from electric terrain) instead of speed.

Iron Bundle @ Focus Sash
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Flip Turn

Ghost Tera -> Ice Tera
Tera Blast -> Ice Beam
Life Orb -> Focus Sash
6 HP EVs -> 6 SpD EVs

Odd Nature: Using Modest Nature instead of Timid Nature to boost sp. atk with quark drive (from Iron Treads' electric terrain) instead of speed.
Focus Sash so as to survive with less speed and still get at least 1 stab hit.

Booster Energy is wasted on something with VoltTurn because the boosted stat resets when you swap out: Iron Treads is not running Volt Switch.

Iron Treads @ Booster Energy
Level: 77
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Electric Terrain

Terrain Extender -> Booster Energy

Odd EV Spead: 78 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe instead of 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe because I want Quark Drive to increase Attack and not Speed. Extra EVs are spent into HP.

My intuition is telling me Meow with Expert Belt and Greninja with Life Orb is better. Meow has just enough HP and defensive stats to survive one nutrual hit but Life Orb depletes the rest of the HP. Greninja is too glass cannon to survive a nutrual hit.

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Poison
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Quick Claw -> Life Orb
Hasty Nature -> Naive Nature

This greninja build is based on: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/greninja/national-dex/
the 2nd Choice Scarf build on the page.
Refer to it for the Mixed EV Spread.

Meowscarada (M) @ Expert Belt
Level: 78
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Play Rough

6 HP EVs -> 6 SpD EVs

Cinderace (M) @ Red Card
Ability: Libero
Level: 78
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

6 HP EVs -> 6 SpD EVs

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Fake Out

Volt Switch -> Fake Out
6 HP EVs -> 6 Def EVs

Planning to make a casual fun Forest's Curse Team for Halloween

I tired out Palafin. It's a great pokemon. Sadly I won't be using it on this team because I dislike it's pure water typing. I don't want to give up Iron Bundle's Ice STAB and Freeze-Dry for Palafin. Replacing Greninja would completely break the team's core concept. Maybe I'll find a place (team) for it in the future.

Zapdos is disregarded for now.

Considering changing out Iron Bundle for Iron Valiant so that this Uber Team becomes a OU Team. Also that would let me have stab physic without compromising the other stabs. Edit: Just realized its not physic - its fairy/fighting.

Last edited:
Oh, quick claw is essentially bad. But if you must use it, not on a fast Mon.
Yes. I think I misunderstood Quick Claw. I thought it moved up the pokemon by +1 priority bracket. But turns out that the pokemon stays in the same priority bracket. I was hoping to use it to survive extreme speed and similar plus priority moves. What item should I swap it with?

Edit: Because Greninja is a mixed attacker with a minus Defense nature, it's extremely glass cannon. I gave it quick claw so that it has even the slimmest of chance to sometimes survive something that would otherwise outspeed it.

Edit2: For example: if greninja is off against a choice scarfed pokemon, it (greninja) will always die even to neutral 1x move. But a quick claw gives me a 20% chance to KO a choice scarfed pokemon. Taking down 1 pokemon with greninja gives me the chance to take down another because it's a 3v3 in battle stadium and most of the time, they don't have a backup answer if their first plan fails.

Last edited:
Yes. I think I misunderstood Quick Claw. I thought it moved up the pokemon by +1 priority bracket. But turns out that the pokemon stays in the same priority bracket. I was hoping to use it to survive extreme speed and similar plus priority moves. What item should I swap it with?

Edit: Because Greninja is a mixed attacker with a minus Defense nature, it's extremely glass cannon. I gave it quick claw so that it has even the slimmest of chance to sometimes survive something that would otherwise outspeed it.

Edit2: For example: if greninja is off against a choice scarfed pokemon, it (greninja) will always die even to neutral 1x move. But a quick claw gives me a 20% chance to KO a choice scarfed pokemon. Taking down 1 pokemon with greninja gives me the chance to take down another because it's a 3v3 in battle stadium and most of the time, they don't have a backup answer if their first plan fails.
Say it did that, E-speed is still +2 priority. Anyways I would probably give Ninja the Expert Belt, i imagine it hits more types SE than Meow. Meow gets LO, Bundle idk then. But maybe AV. A sash on any one of them could be encouraged. Really I'm surprised you're using the 3 frailest starters and no sash...

Maybe you could give Ninja a scarf, and Switcheroo. Depends on you're match up into fatter pokes.

You make vague sense on Quick Claw's rationale, however at that point you're better off using something slow/medium w'/ bulk AND power, vs. something already pretty fast w/o much bulk. I won't give examples though, because my understanding is nobody should use Quick Claw ever.

Other than all that, I would look at your pivoting stuff. Everything has it, but most things are frail and half of them hit lightly w/ it cause of lesser attacking stat. SO while it might be ok, it seems sub-optimal. Oh, and only 2 mons on here can't really be classified as frail at all, so even though you get fast U-Turns and all, there isn't much of a good switch in. I think they're called VoltTurn cores, not teams. You maybe can run w/ it throughout, but imo at least use Zapdos or something. That can be really punishing w/ a strong Volt Switch or even a no immunities U-Turn(but not both lol.)

On mixed attackers, I've often seen -SpD natures, since def is the one to take most priority. Idk if it really matters on Gren, less if you sash it. I'd also go into any odd EV spreads(so really any non max/max that aren't stratdex sets,) and fill out full decriptions for mons that lack it.

As far as I know, mons not using Sitrus berry should strive to have an ODD HP value, so keep that in mind. Also I doubt the efficacy of Tera Blast on Tera ghost bundle. I briefly used it on tera fighting for DNite in it's tera, but ghost only hits 2 types, while tera blast will be useless for Bundle w/o tera. If you need extra coverage on ghosts, probably run Dark Pulse on ninja. Terrain Extender is probably a horrible item, you maybe need Pinchurchin if not using booster energy anywhere. Alternatively could run torkoal and protosynthesis mons instead. For tera types, Ground has 0 synergy for Iron Hands. I get buffing EQ, but maybe run a defensive tera or one to further buff either natural STAB. Luckily ground tera shards aren't used too much, so it should be ok if you wasted them already. Anyways that MUST cover all that I can. Other people will likely have mon suggestions for replacements, for simplicity I mostly look at moves/items.

Last edited:
Say it did that, E-speed is still +2 priority. Anyways I would probably give Ninja the Expert Belt, i imagine it hits more types SE than Meow. Meow gets LO, Bundle idk then. But maybe AV. A sash on any one of them could be encouraged. Really I'm surprised you're using the 3 frailest starters and no sash...

Maybe you could give Ninja a scarf, and Switcheroo. Depends on you're match up into fatter pokes.

You make vague sense on Quick Claw's rationale, however at that point you're better off using something slow/medium w'/ bulk AND power, vs. something already pretty fast w/o much bulk. I won't give examples though, because my understanding is nobody should use Quick Claw ever.

Other than all that, I would look at your pivoting stuff. Everything has it, but most things are frail and half of them hit lightly w/ it cause of lesser attacking stat. SO while it might be ok, it seems sub-optimal. Oh, and only 2 mons on here can't really be classified as frail at all, so even though you get fast U-Turns and all, there isn't much of a good switch in. I think they're called VoltTurn cores, not teams. You maybe can run w/ it throughout, but imo at least use Zapdos or something. That can be really punishing w/ a strong Volt Switch or even a no immunities U-Turn(but not both lol.)

On mixed attackers, I've often seen -SpD natures, since def is the one to take most priority. Idk if it really matters on Gren, less if you sash it. I'd also go into any odd EV spreads(so really any non max/max that aren't stratdex sets,) and fill out full decriptions for mons that lack it.

As far as I know, mons not using Sitrus berry should strive to have an ODD HP value, so keep that in mind. Also I doubt the efficacy of Tera Blast on Tera ghost bundle. I briefly used it on tera fighting for DNite in it's tera, but ghost only hits 2 types, while tera blast will be useless for Bundle w/o tera. If you need extra coverage on ghosts, probably run Dark Pulse on ninja. Terrain Extender is probably a horrible item, you maybe need Pinchurchin if not using booster energy anywhere. Alternatively could run torkoal and protosynthesis mons instead. For tera types, Ground has 0 synergy for Iron Hands. I get buffing EQ, but maybe run a defensive tera or one to further buff either natural STAB. Luckily ground tera shards aren't used too much, so it should be ok if you wasted them already. Anyways that MUST cover all that I can. Other people will likely have mon suggestions for replacements, for simplicity I mostly look at moves/items.
Note: I will edit my original post once I implement these changes.

Summery:

Give Ninja Expert Belt

Give Meow Life Orb

Give Bundle Focus Sash

Give Iron Treads Booster Energy or Air Balloon

Not Give Ninja a scarf and switcheroo <--- requires pro knowledge of which pokemon use speed stat spread and which pokemon are slow. I'm just a casual.

Don't Like that focus sash is single use. I prefer using high risk high reward Focus Band over focus sash.

Add Zapdos? I guess other people would suggest different pokemons anyway. I could swap out the 3 Iron pokemon for 3 legendary birds (there is 6 to choose from because they have galar variations.). I am highly considering this.

Add Description of Odd EV Spread (sorry didn't know this.)

Greninja (M) @ Quick Claw
Jolly Nature
Mixed Attacker with -Def +SpA because of Ice Beam usage.

Question said:
Question: Should I change Ice Beam to Ice Punch (15 less power); and change stats to fast physical sweeper? And also change poison tera to ice tera (to make up for lost power)?
EVs: 166 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe -> EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature -> Jolly Nature
Tera Type: Poison -> Tera Type: Ice
Ice Beam -> Ice Punch
Prototype for Consideration said:
Greninja (M) @ Focus Sash
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Item: Focus Sash or Expert Belt

Iron Treads @ Terrain Extender
Jolly Nature
180 Spe and 78 HP instead of 252 Spe because Quark Drive ability used to Boost Attack
Iron Bundle @ Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
Modest Nature instead of Timid Nature because Quark Drive ability used to Boost Sp. Attack
As far as I know, mons not using Sitrus berry should strive to have an ODD HP value
I don't understand what you mean by this. Like HP ending with a odd number? 1,3,5,7,9?
Can you explain why? I never heard of this idea before.

"Volt-Turn Core!?" I think I'll still call them 'team with a theme' because volt turn core sounds like some move an electric/dragon legendary pokemon would use.

Give Iron Treads Air Balloon or Booster Energy.

I am not running torkoal or protosynthesis. I hate sunlight, as a gamer, as a vampire, as someone living in mother's basement. (half serious.)

Change Iron Hands tera from ground to fighting

Iron Hands -> Zapdos
Iron Bundle -> Iron Valiant
I love your idea of adding Zapdos. I love Zapdos. (Are we talking about the electric/flying one right? not fighting/flying one.) I am seriously considering swapping out Iron Hands for Zapdos and Swapping out Iron Bundle for Iron Valiant. Iron Treads can stay; and Zapdos still benefits from electric terrain.

If you can't beat em' join em'. Use the legendaries to destroy the legendaries.

Note: I will edit my original post once I implement these changes. I'll let you know the new team once I'm finished building it.

Edit: Electric terrain does not boost Zapdos because it is not grounded... :blobsad:

Edit2: I looked at Iron Hands stats and both Zapdoses' stats. And Iron Hand is superior than both Zapdos in terms of stats.

HPHighest Att or Sp. AttLowest Def or Sp. DefSpeedTotal
Iron Hands
154​
140​
68​
50​
412​
Zapdos
90​
125​
85​
100​
400​
Zapdos Galar
90​
125​
90​
100​
405​

Zapdos Pro: Good damage on volt switch.

Zapdos Con: Less HP and bulk.
If I volt switch with a speedy zapdos, my switch-in will take the hit because zapdos will go first. If I volt switch with the slow Iron Hands, Iron hands will take damage and my switch-in will safely enter.

Last edited:
Note: I will edit my original post once I implement these changes.

Summery:

Give Ninja Expert Belt

Give Meow Life Orb

Give Bundle Focus Sash

Give Iron Treads Booster Energy or Air Balloon

Not Give Ninja a scarf and switcheroo <--- requires pro knowledge of which pokemon use speed stat spread and which pokemon are slow. I'm just a casual.

Don't Like that focus sash is single use. I prefer using high risk high reward Focus Band over focus sash.

Add Zapdos? I guess other people would suggest different pokemons anyway. I could swap out the 3 Iron pokemon for 3 legendary birds (there is 6 to choose from because they have galar variations.). I am highly considering this.

Add Description of Odd EV Spread (sorry didn't know this.)

I don't understand what you mean by this. Like HP ending with a odd number? 1,3,5,7,9?
Can you explain why? I never heard of this idea before.

"Volt-Turn Core!?" I think I'll still call them 'team with a theme' because volt turn core sounds like some move an electric/dragon legendary pokemon would use.

Give Iron Treads Air Balloon or Booster Energy.

I am not running torkoal or protosynthesis. I hate sunlight, as a gamer, as a vampire, as someone living in mother's basement. (half serious.)

Change Iron Hands tera from ground to fighting

I love your idea of adding Zapdos. I love Zapdos. (Are we talking about the electric/flying one right? not fighting/flying one.) I am seriously considering swapping out Iron Hands for Zapdos and Swapping out Iron Bundle for Iron Valiant. Iron Treads can stay; and Zapdos still benefits from electric terrain.

If you can't beat em' join em'. Use the legendaries to destroy the legendaries.

Note: I will edit my original post once I implement these changes. I'll let you know the new team once I'm finished building it.

Edit: Electric terrain does not boost Zapdos because it is not grounded... :blobsad:
I haven't used Greninja um. I'd stick w/ ice beam mixed, if it were me. I mean maybe Ice Punch is ok. Posion tera sounds better than ice but idk. You miss out on poison's defensive utility(resists bug, grass, fairy, and fighting for base type,) cause of largely useless defenses. So I guess stay w/ what you have, no need to commit more shards.

Yes, ending in an odd #. You take less from stuff such as weather, SR, and Ruination. At least that is my understanding. You don't want to sacrifice calcs for this value, but if you're just sticking 4 EVs that are leftover wherever, put them in HP only if it makes them odd.

O good about Zapdos. Definitely electric. Fighting is only rarely ok imo. Idk what team even likes it better, if any.

I've been completely wrong about how red card, eject button and booster energy works. I thought they completely disappear from the game after you use them once in battle. Turns out that they come back after the battle.

Not sure if focus sash also works like this.

I have to completely rethink my team.

Right now I'm testing out a Palafin with Ice tera that I got from a 5 star raid. (In place of Iron Bundle). It's really fun to switch out and turn into Hero Form. It has great stats as a hero. It's the strongest attacker that is currently in the game (besides Ice Rider Calyrex) . Most importantly, it fits the Voltturn core theme of the team.

I do lose an stab ice (beside geninja) if I switch out iron bundle for palafin. But losing the Ice typing is not too much of a loss because the only thing that Ice resists is Ice itself. I still get stab ice with palafin ice tera and I don't have to use any shards on it. Only con is that it gets hard countered by pokemon with water absorb ability like the so popular Ogerpon-Wellspring right now.

I am going to test it with acrobatics and eject button. I love the idea of someone pressing an emergency red button and a dolphin superhero emerging.

Last edited:
Sash does not stay if not in battle stadium, however, any item consumed in battle stadium comes back after the end of the battle
So if you're using this team to play against others, then sash works, but if you're fighting npcs/shiny hunting/grinding then it will go away
Also to my understanding the sash should return after tera raids as well, but I'm not 100% confident on that

Sash does not stay if not in battle stadium, however, any item consumed in battle stadium comes back after the end of the battle
So if you're using this team to play against others, then sash works, but if you're fighting npcs/shiny hunting/grinding then it will go away
Also to my understanding the sash should return after tera raids as well, but I'm not 100% confident on that
Thank you. I wasn't sure how to test focus sash in 'fighting npcs/shiny hunting/grinding'. None of them ever use move that one shots my sashed pokemon and my pokemon are too high level to try and bait a reliable OHKO. I think there is not much danger in keeping the sash equipped at all times since npcs and wild pokemons are so weak. I am gonna risk testing it in tera raids just so I know how it works for 100% certain. If I lose it, it's just -50k LP and some knowledge of the game gained.

Consumable items are restored after battle in S/V even outside of battle stadium

Besides Cinderace and odd EV Spread, I feel uneasy that I am just copying what's in the Strategy dex almost 1-to-1.

Edit: Yesterday, I found out that Speed stat is absolutely useless in most 6 star tera raid battle.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)