VGC Primeape Team

Hi, I'm trying some things in Regulation E, and it's some weeks I'm playing with a Primeape Rage Fist + Maushold Beat Up combo but I'm sure this team can be better, expecially considering the mons being played being not that useful in a lot of situations but just working in specific niches, tho I think there is potential.

Primeape (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 184 Def
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Protect

Primeape is the team core. With eviolite he can tank a lot and having Defiant is feeling great against Intimidate users and Grimmsnarl. I prefer Primeape to Annihilape because he can tank more and it doesn't have the ghost weakness, making him less weak against Flutter Mane and Annihilape. I tried to tera him Steel and Fairy but I feel Fairy is just better so he can tank against Iron Hands who can be a really big threat.

Maushold-Four @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Friend Guard
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Beat Up
- Follow Me
- Super Fang
- Protect

Maushold is faster than Primeape so he can Beat Up him bringing Rage Fist to a stupid amount of damage. Then he is just the usual supportive Maushold, I opted for Rocky Helmet in order to break the sashes while redirecting. What I am doing most times I can actually play this core is to just lead Primeape + Maushold, beat up and Rage Fist/BulkUp (if Rage Fist isn't useful) and next turn Follow Me + Rage Fist/Drain Punch.

Tornadus @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Bleakwind Storm
- Protect

Tornadus wants to Tailwind and just wants to be a good support for every mon in the team. I don't know if he's necessary here I just think he is a really good support in general and I like playing him a lot.
I was thinking about changing the spread in order to tank Iron Hands but even in the best scenario it's not guaranteed to survive, so I decided to leave it like this.
252+ Atk Iron Hands Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tornadus: 162-192 (87 - 103.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Power Gem
- Protect

Heatran is just a good fast Special Sweeper and he's managing to make Ogerpon's life a living hell with Power Gem. Then he's just generally speeking a good attacker and working in most of the games, completing the team's coverage.

Espeon (F) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Espeon's whole reason to be in this team is to kill Iron Hands when I can't play Heatran with Covert Cloak to avoid Fake Outs. I really don't feel good about her considering she can't really OHKO him but usually just 2HKO. The good thing that made me keep Espeon in the team is she being really useful against the omnipresent Chien-Pao bringing him to Sash most of the times with Dazzling Gleam.
I was maybe thinking about a Steel-Type Tera Blast instead of Calm Mind to threat Fairy Types but considering Flutter Mane, Ninetales-Alola, Fezandipiti and Grimmsnarl are covered with something else I'm preferring to leave Calm Mind.

Chien-Pao @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Crunch
- Protect

Chien-Pao's main reasons to be in this team are the priority and his ability to kill Landorus. I'm kinda concerned about Sword of Ruin not having a good synergy with my pokemon being not that much glass cannons kinda breaking their goal (expecially Tornadus and Primeape).

So, this is it, how do you think I can make this better?
Thanks for the answers ^^

I haven't seen anyone using Primeape before, maybe it could be good to give Maushold a Scope Lens and run Anger Point? idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)