Prankster

I think DDRMaster suggested using Sableye in another thread and I came up with a hypothetical set:

Sableye @Life Orb
Adamant
HP 252 / ATK 252 / DEF 4
-Taunt
-Fake Out
-Sucker Punch
-Shadow Claw/Will-o-Wisp/Embargo/Recover/Torment/Whatever

He's immune to Fighting (DynamicPunch), Normal (Explosion/Fake Out), and wrecks suicide leads with a +1 priority Taunt. Sableye and Espeon with Magic Mirror are proving to be quite the anti-leads this Gen thanks to their new abilities.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Am I misreading this or, with LeftOvers support and no hail/sand, could you just spam priority Sub/Protect indefinitely till you run out of PP? Is there any mon that gets this that could Toxic, then sub/protect till the target dies?

Uh, Substitute takes 25% of your HP. Even by Protecting, you won't recover enough with Leftovers to make another Sub without ending up with less HP than before.

Not that a Sub / Protect / Leech Seed / Toxic set couldn't work for Erufuu, but is it really worth to pass up Encore and Taunt? (and, consequently, become Taunt-bait?). Regardless, I can see something like that being quite annoying when paired up with Toxic Spikes, so you can change Toxic for Taunt.

Am I misreading this or, with LeftOvers support and no hail/sand, could you just spam priority Sub/Protect indefinitely till you run out of PP? Is there any mon that gets this that could Toxic, then sub/protect till the target dies?
Wow, that...sounds pretty scary. I guess the check against that is Substitute's eventual use of health - though imagine if you combined say, Toxic Spikes on the field, and you had Baton Passed Ingrain, Aqua Ring and Leftovers to restore your health. Just with that you could effectivelly kill anything not Poison or Steel until your PP runs out.

I want whirlwind tested ASAP. If it adds +1 then we are safe because it will still have negative priority, but if it turns all non-attacking moves into +1 priority moves than we will have to deal with Scarfed Erufuun racking up unavoidable entry hazard damage.

I want whirlwind tested ASAP. If it adds +1 then we are safe because it will still have negative priority, but if it turns all non-attacking moves into +1 priority moves than we will have to deal with Scarfed Erufuun racking up unavoidable entry hazard damage.
Trick Room was tested and didn't get +1 priority, you can most likely infer that whirlwind and roar only get boosted one priority level too

Does this give its ability to beneficial moves, like stat boosters or Tailwind?
Tailwind was mentioned earlier, but nobody except that one guy had any real experience with doubles/Tailwind. It looks like it would work though?
If it doesn't deal damage then it gets priority. Unless it's Leech Seed apparently. Accurate information is forthcoming

Well, if it does, then that'd be sweet. Imagine an ubers(?) team with Torunerosu, using Mischevious Heart to Tailwind your team so you can outspeed the enemy before anyone else's moved. Seems like a pretty good deal, if it works that way.

Tailwind takes effect the next turn after you use it, and it only lasts for 3 turns. That is why no one uses it. At least Trick Room lasts 5 turns.

Tailwind takes effect the next turn after you use it, and it only lasts for 3 turns. That is why no one uses it. At least Trick Room lasts 5 turns.
Some VGC players used it to good effect in their team. but that's Doubles honestly Tailwind doesn't have anything to do with singles since it's so short-lasting. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that too but obviously Enlong was asking about something else entirely >_>
once again phazing moves won't get +1 priority stop asking/assuming

Phazing = Whirlwind/Roar, right?

Hm... Well, I could see Sableye using it for a thing or two. Priority Will-O-Wisp could help him survive physical threats easier.

EAT THAT AERODACTYL A new "faster" user of taunt is in town. This should be gamebreaking with encore and taunt. A new gen of mindgames. That "one guy" is mattj, one of the best vgcers on here. So more or less that is vgc format. (which you know :P) And anyway, tailwind wouldn't change turn order soon enough anyway. Ehh, there's so much stuff you could use for vgc this gen anyway.

EAT THAT AERODACTYL A new "faster" user of taunt is in town. This should be gamebreaking with encore and taunt. A new gen of mindgames. That "one guy" is mattj, one of the best vgcers on here. So more or less that is vgc format. (which you know :P) And anyway, tailwind wouldn't change turn order soon enough anyway. Ehh, there's so much stuff you could use for vgc this gen anyway.
Wow, Gen 4 Lead sets in general just have everything against them now. Anti-Lead is the only lead now, everyone will just attack blindly when they see the priority grass blob in your lineup. Can't risk encore!

Unless dream world abilities can be passed on through breeding Mischievous Heart/Recover Sableye can't exist unfortunately :(

Erufuun is going to be amazing in my opinion with Mischevious Heart.

I don't see any of the other Pokemon being incredibly signifigant outside of the Overused Tier.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright I've updated the OP to include a priority list of moves and fixed the Psych Up comment. I quite honestly think Erufuun is going to be a top-tier threat in this metagame and that abilities such as Mischievous Heart and the new Espeon/Xatu ability will destroy the lead metagame as we know it. Mindgames, ensue!

I think Trick benefits the most from this ability. I came up with this in the Sableye thread and learned that any Pokemon with both Mischevious Heart and Trick becomes the ultimate item stealer. Skarmory loses his Shed Shell, Heatran loses his Scarf, and Sweepers lose their Life Orbs. Combine this with the new Aiming Mark, and your stealing items AND getting rid of important immunities. So while Starmie can't successfully Trick Aiming Mark onto Ghosts because he's weak to it, Sableye with the right spread sure can. Tricking the Iron Ball with +1 priority is a scary thought for the likes of Flying types, Levitaters, and fast sweepers as well.

I think Trick benefits the most from this ability. I came up with this in the Sableye thread and learned that any Pokemon with both Mischevious Heart and Trick becomes the ultimate item stealer. Skarmory loses his Shed Shell, Heatran loses his Scarf, and Sweepers lose their Life Orbs. Combine this with the new Aiming Mark, and your stealing items AND getting rid of important immunities. So while Starmie can't successfully Trick Aiming Mark onto Ghosts because he's weak to it, Sableye with the right spread sure can. Tricking the Iron Ball with +1 priority is a scary thought for the likes of Flying types, Levitaters, and fast sweepers as well.
In this scenario, why does mischievous heart matter? The benefits of trick won't appear until next turn anyway.

Encore is very very nice with priority. I can imagine will-o-wisp being great too, so you can halve their attack before they attack you.

If an opponent first ice beams you, then selects it again, and you use priority torment, does the opponent lose a turn?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)