SM OU Powerful stall

Hi everyone, first I want to apologize for the ugly thread you are (I hope) going to read, sadly I don't own a PC and I am writing on a very frustrating device to use. Making every attempt to write a nice thread a pain.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Leech Seed

I like SpDef Tapu Bulu, he is a really good counter to all the other Tapus and pack a nice set of useful resistances thanks to his typing. He also pack some punch even with no significant investment in Attack. EVs are designed to maximize his longevity against Tapus, I did not run any calculation to make this spread. Please tell me if you know a more optimized one.
Set is designed to be a good wallbreaker while being a good special wall.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earth Power

I needed a counter to poison types and fire types who threatened Bulu, couldn't think of one superior to Heatran, he also happens to be weak to ground type, fighting type and water type attacks which are all resisted by Tapu Bulu, finally, Grassy Terrain's passive recovery is very good for Heatran who lacks reliable recovery. Lava Plume allow him to burn physical foes, helping him and Bulu soak physical hits. Stealth rocks are required to a stall team as passive damage are very important. Earth Power for coverage and to surprise Flash Fire users like Heatran or Arcanine. Roar to prevent sweepers trying to set up on Heatran. Nothing new here.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

I wanted a Knock Off user to kill passive recovery from Leftovers or excess damage from Life Orb. Foul Play also happens to be very powerful against physical sweepers. A good physical wall who also prevents entry hasards, he comes with 3 immunites and is a threat even when he is not in play. Strong pokemon overall, he wasn't suspected for no reason.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Sleep Talk

Garchomp always was a powerful/annoying pokemon in ORAS, he still is the same in SM. Stealth Rocks are already used by Heatran so I thought that a RestTalk set to improve longevity, meaning more switches from Dragon Tail and chip damage from Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet would make him even more annoying and a pain to deal with for physical attackers. Especially those with Life Orbs.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Might seem like an odd choice. I think Doublade is a very good pokemon even though he is in the shadow of his Big brother Aegislash. 248 HP / 8 Def EVs coupled with a really high base defense, especially with Eviolite make him extremely resilient on the physical side, add the same Fan-Tas-Tic typing Aegislash have and you end up with a really strong pokemon called Doublade. He's mostly uses as a late game cleaner, using his good bulk to throw 1/2 swords dances in, then proceed to sweep with a good 40BP stabbed priority move that happens to be a Ghost move, one of the best offensive types in the game. Everything else is coverage.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs : 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Dragon Tail

Not sure about that choice, I needed a ground immunity, wanted Heal Bell or Aromatherapy to cure my pokemons. Dragonite had those 2 traits. Also threw Defog in because Sableye have flaws, Dragon Tail is stab and synergize with rocks. I'm very open to suggestions about that last slot. Inner Focus because, sadly, Multiscale and Heal Bell together are incompatible.

- Get rocks up asap (as always)
- Do not underestimate uninvested Bulu's damage
- Get statuses up if possible
- Knock everything off with Sableye
- Focus on luring anything able to stop a Doublade sweep
- Slowly wear down Life Orb attackers
- Keep hazards off your field
- Do not let anything setup, if if does, try to wear it down into shadow sneak's kill range
- Watch your HP ! Often, staying healthy matters more than dealing damage.
- Watch Heatran's HP even more carefully

Sadly I have no replays to post because of that crappy device I was mentioning, please post some if you happen to fool around with that team.
Thank you for reading me if you did. Good day/ good night.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earth Power

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Sleep Talk

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs : 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Dragon Tail

Last edited:
Hey RyanGosling, this team is kinda... wacky. Stall is a fairly unalterable archetype to work effectively, or else you are gonna find yourself losing a LOT of games. This team is really missing a lot of extremely important stall pokemon (namely Chansey and Dugtrio), which you've put some kinda odd sets in place of (Inner Focus fat Dnite??). As it stands, I'd say this team is just about impossible to rate due to the amount of changes that would have to take place. I would strongly recommend you look further into proven stall teams of ORAS and use that knowledge going forward into SuMo stall. That being said, its worth noting that stall has taken some pretty major hits as a playstyle this generation, so I would only recommend it to you if you have a VERY strong understanding of the ins and outs of the meta.

Hope to see more from you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)