Post your searing hot takes

I firmly believe we've reached the stage where Wikipedia is a better news source than the average news website due to its deliberately encyclopediac, unbiased nature

Whether that's more a sign of how good they've gotten at quality control or a commentary on the deplorable state of modern journalism is up for debate
I have never thought of Wikipedia as a news source. What kind of news doesn't allow primary sources?
I also don't believe that their nature is unbiased, especially if you're talking about their coverage of current events.

If the game is a Zelda game and the game is good, it's a good Zelda game. Stop trying to create some arbitrary distinction over what you think a Zelda game is supposed to be.
Lol, no. It’s not arbitrary, as it’s a number qualities of the series and Breath of the Wild itself that make the distinction for me. There are reasons that I personally play Zelda games, certain itches that the game doesn’t scratch. The distinction is that while it was an enjoyable experience, it did not satisfy me in the way that I had hoped based on my experience with every prior Zelda game. You could argue calling it Zelda is what is arbitrary, since you make no distinctions.

But hey, if there is no distinction for you, super. I’m happy for you.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lol, no. It’s not arbitrary, as it’s a number qualities of the series and Breath of the Wild itself that make the distinction for me. There are reasons that I personally play Zelda games, certain itches that the game doesn’t scratch. The distinction is that while it was an enjoyable experience, it did not satisfy me in the way that I had hoped based on my experience with every prior Zelda game. You could argue calling it Zelda is what is arbitrary, since you make no distinctions.

But hey, if there is no distinction for you, super. I’m happy for you.
So what r they fam

While I love Kirby, there are two sins his games have been committing since basically the beginning, and I really wish they would stop:
  • Randomly throwing shitty shmup sections into a 2D platformer
  • Jerking off to nostalgia

Geno for Smash has to be the dumbest Smash-related thing I've ever heard. Literally why should I find it exciting that some random nobody puppet that was in a single Mario game 24 years ago gets a much-coveted spot in one of the biggest game series of all time.

Bandana Waddle Dee is on thin ice too but at least Waddle Dees have actual establishment in the Kirby franchise.

Geno for Smash has to be the dumbest Smash-related thing I've ever heard. Literally why should I find it exciting that some random nobody puppet that was in a single Mario game 24 years ago gets a much-coveted spot in one of the biggest game series of all time.

Bandana Waddle Dee is on thin ice too but at least Waddle Dees have actual establishment in the Kirby franchise.
Timed hits / action commands / whatever you want to call them could give him some cool moves. I want either Geno or Paper Mario to show up at some point solely for that reason.

Also Geno is just cool as fuck. He's a star spirit sent from the heavens who possessed a badass-looking wooden puppet that can shoot lasers and rocket fists. Mario RPG also holds a prominent spot in the hearts of a lot of people who've played it, from what I can gather. I'm pretty sure those are the reasons most people want him.

How funny would it be if they added Mallow instead?

I like Disney's live-action remakes. I see them as experiencing my favorite childhood movies with modern technology and today's actors, which are more familiar to me. The only Disney live-action remake that I disliked is Maleficent and its sequel because they changed the story too much and made a supposedly hated villain into a hero. Lion King is ass too for cutting Scar's song short and the animals lacking in emotions.

It's weird that the Disney live-action remakes get a lot of hate online but still get incredibly great box office numbers anyway (usually top 10 of the year). Tells you that the people who complain on the internet represent just a vocal minority, not the majority.

EDIT:
P.S. I still prefer the originals, it's just that I still welcome watching the live-action remakes and I don't think they deserve the hate.

Last edited:
cant tell if this is a shitpost
I like Disney's live-action remakes. I see them as experiencing my favorite childhood movies with modern technology and today's actors
yeah but what is the improvement of modern tech / todays actors
cgi exists yeah but thats not super duper amazing, plus loses potency/emotion of 2d animation
actors are just starpower

The only Disney live-action remake that I disliked is Maleficent and its sequel because they changed the story too much and made a supposedly hated villain into a hero.
isnt that
a good thing
(on its own idk how it worked out)
Lion King is ass too for cutting Scar's song short and the animals lacking in emotions.
and nothing about mulan?
It's weird that the Disney live-action remakes get a lot of hate online but still get incredibly great box office numbers anyway (usually top 10 of the year). Tells you that the people who complain on the internet represent just a vocal minority, not the majority.
its fcking disney what do you expect
big name big money
nostalgia
people who are casual won't care too much about technical/creative problem
the base movies pretty good so a remake will still be pretty good when isolated (and thus towards most people) but it ain't good

they are also just cash grabs / copyright renewals at heart

Steve in Smash was a mistake
From a character perspective or a fighter perspective?

From a character perspective, absolutely not. Minecraft is literally the single best selling video game of all time, and had a huge impact on gaming culture (see all the games after it with mechanics literally called "crafting", with the most recent example of Animal Crossing New Horizons also prominently featuring terrain manipulation). A pantheon of gaming icons without Steve is an incomplete pantheon.

From a fighter perspective, yeah probably. Placing blocks everywhere has the potential to be super obnoxious. But that's what makes it fun. :psysly:

yeah....... i get that. I hate how so many of the dlc fighters have these weirdo fringe gimmicks. I havent bothered to even pick up hero or terry bc I dont want to have to look up a prima strategy guide to learn what these meters and menus are

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)