post your custom avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor

Waiting for each badge to have their own shared custom :3

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
this thread is a perfect example of the smogon elite being so out of touch with the remainder of society, like bill gates being asked "how much does a gallon of milk cost?". take our op, emma, who, all respect congratulations to your scrolling badgeset, i wish i had that confidence, diligence and ability to commit myself to a game such as pokemon alas i cannot because i genuinely lack the mental fortitude and stamina and probably also have undiagnosed neurodivergence, but all the same, has a scrolling badgeset on a website where a majority of the users barely have anything above a ladybug. the fact is that a custom avatar on ps is the dream that many of us have, but alas, we are so unskilled in our pokemon exploits, or are so interested in the niche, unfamous metagames that we will never find ourselves on a defensing SCL team or a multi-year winning SPL team, and we've got to live with that. now i know that the easiest way to rebut this post is to literally type 'git gud' and that'll be that and it's true, i am not as good of a player as you and i am not willing to spend the time working towards getting better anymore. i've spent over a decade playing competitive pokemon and all i have to show for it is a ladybug and three cap team tournament teams where only one made playoffs and we lost in the first round, and an alltime team tour record below .500. i can keep trying and work hard and maybe soon at the age of 24, soon to be 25 i'll be half as good as some of the players on here who commit themselves endlessly to their development and skill in this game. but that's just not who i am. i love the experiences of the gameplay, and the feelings playing games brings me. i don't mind being bad at this game if it means i can learn that i am bad at many more games as well. i do not need a custom avatar on pokemon showdown to appreciate the hard work that goes into getting one. it's just not where i am in life right now and that's fine. i don't need a custom avatar on pokemon showdown to know my worth as a human being, cog in the functional societal machine and as a (b-)-tier poster on https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/smogoff.630/. i don't knw if other people feel that way, but i want to speak the unspoken in this post, since that's what smogoff is for: for telling the hard truths as they come. so again, all cogratulations, you deserve your custom avatars as does everyone else who has them, but to come into smogoff, home of page 5 posting, tutorials, people learning to hone their craft to make the greatest posts imaginable, and to understand the turths of the world is terribly insulting to me and im quite glad that it has flopped in the way that it has. smogoff is the snigular place on smogon where your worth as a poster is not contingent on your ability to play pokemon at a highly competitive level, where the social captial is worth more than the badge capital. sure having the gamer cred helps, but to attempt to make it matter here in smogoff is just obtuse and incongruent with the way smogoff is operating and i for one am extremely insulted by your lack of tact. how dare you come here and attempt to enforce this hierarchy that is present everywhere else on the site. how dare you attempt to pass this off as a lighthearted attempt to see every custom avatar when there's already a catalogue of every single one on ps in the 'competitive play' section of the forums. you will never reach page 5 in his thread, and if you do reach page 5, i will go and delete this post just so that you will get to page 5 and then someone will post the "you have reached page 5" picture, and it will erroneously be on page 4, that is how much i want your thread to fail here as a characteristic example as someone so out of touch with the vibes of smogoff. i admire your attempts to post here amongst us, but to come into our safe comedy space, and slam your massive flex on the table, so hard in fact that it breaks the table in half with your count them, one, two, three, four, five, six, SEVEN, custom avatars, like shit pal, i have zero. okay? zero. lets count that together: zero. boom done, wow that was pretty hard but not as hard as it was to count the seven avis you have, and from a photo so big i had to scroll in my browser just to make sure i had counted them all right. look at you, you get to have a srolling badgeset and make other people scroll to see all your custom avis, whoop-te-frickin-doo. again, all respect to your ability and skill to reach this point of recognition in the competitive pokemon gaming space, and i mean this completely sincerely. maybe next you'll try to get some scrolling number posting points, i'll even start by awarding you one posting point for your impressive quantity of custom avatars on pokemonshowdown. i hope you remember it because if this is your first posting point, don't ever forget where you started from: a tasteless attempt at conforming to a society, a mistake, which is what this thread is.

I refuse to freely contribute to a website where the most I can be offered are custom avatars and shining pixels. To even be asked to show something so absolutely worthless is insulting to me. I was raised to work smarter, not harder, and all I see in the OP is a user flexing their volunteer work, and for what? What have your contributions done for our greater society? While you were busy volunteering to make the ORAS PU Viability Rankings, I was out there protesting for trans rights, voting reform, climate change, and much, much more. I even have all the pins to prove it. So go off, keep posting your stolen, copyright-infringed sprites with oversized Pokémon next to them (don't even get me started on a Fire/Ghost type next to Erika). Meanwhile, I'll be using my free time contributing to real, meaningful change I want to see in society, not change I want to see in tiers.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I refuse to freely contribute to a website where the most I can be offered are custom avatars and shining pixels. To even be asked to show something so absolutely worthless is insulting to me. I was raised to work smarter, not harder, and all I see in the OP is a user flexing their volunteer work, and for what? What have your contributions done for our greater society? While you were busy volunteering to make the ORAS PU Viability Rankings, I was out there protesting for trans rights, voting reform, climate change, and much, much more. I even have all the pins to prove it. So go off, keep posting your stolen, copyright-infringed sprites with oversized Pokémon next to them (don't even get me started on a Fire/Ghost type next to Erika). Meanwhile, I'll be using my free time contributing to real, meaningful change I want to see in society, not change I want to see in tiers.
tldr

my shiny badges > you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)