Porygon

Hey there ! if you are reading this , congrats. Firstly, I am not really a player of the little cup community but find it strange that such a magnificent Pokemon has yet to receive is own thread so I decided to start one.

Porygon is a pretty bulky Pokemon, boosting incredible stats. With good 65/70/75 defended, it is pretty bulky by LC standards. It also possess high special attack of base 85.
It also possesses a sufficient move pool, with the incredible bolt beam combo, resisted only by chinchou and even then, should have no problem against it as it can utilize hp grass to hit it. Furthering its sweeping capabilities is its access to agility with would then boost his speend to sufficiently high levels to begin sweeping with a life orb. It also possesses a support movepool, With excess to recover to stall, thunderwave to slow sweepers or get a little hax. Trick could also be used to disarm a scarfed threat or cripple with one. Futher more it also has access to trick room to aid trick room teams. This is to show, there is no limit to its use.

Porygon@life orb
236special A/196speed/78 hp
modest/timid nature
Agility
Icebeam
Thunderbolt/discharge
Tri attack/hp grass/

The usage is fairly simple. Agilty when you get in and begin sweeping.with the movepool choice of tri attack, hits things hard. Ho grass is too prevent walling by chinchou.overrall, the choice of either discharge or thunderbolt is paralysis or power, though thunderbolt should be prefered as with agility, you would be fast enough to not need the paralysis unless its sweep ends to life orb recoil...

porygon@oran berry
236hp/38def/236sdef
Thunderwave
Recycle
icebeam
hp grass/thundetbolt
very basic set. Send porygon to wall a hit, spread some paralysis , recover when low on heath wuth recycle, oran berry use can ne continuous and icebeam since it still does reasonable special attack. The choice between hp grass and thunderbolt is being walled by chinchou or coverage. Still, the set is pretty walled by munchlax.

Conclusion
Porygon is overall an incredible poke. Its abilities, trace or download is based on the different needs.trace is useful to nab volt absorb on chinchou's electric moves, etc etc while download gives it a sweeping chance even with the bulky set.with its immence flexibility, porygon can be great checks for many Pokemon , making it incredible to use.

Firstly, Little Cup evs do not work that way

Second, you forgot movepool, pictures, abilities, stats, and that Leftovers suck in Little Cup, because healing only one hp is vastly inferior to the ten hp Oran provides.

Third, Thunder Wave is terrible when you consider you could be hitting things off 85 SpA.

Forth, Toxic sucks.

Fifth, Recover isn't worth it, because almost any hit will do around or over fifty percent.

Sixth, did Porygon really get anything from this generation except Analyze? (Which, btw, isn't that great, since it means you must eat a hit to boost your power)

Oh, yeah, boosted Magic Coat, which can be seen from a mile away in the lead spot, and is pretty worthless everywhere else.

Pretty sure there's already a Pory analysis under way that already has all of his good sets listed, new or otherwise. :0

But in any case, I think these are going to be what he does best this time around:
- Agility sweeper
- TR setup sweeper
- TR non-setup sweeper
- bulky Evo Stone Pory (3 Attacks + Recover, most likely)
So basically, yeah, he's pretty much the same aside from a bulky Evo Stone set far as I can see. Lead with Magic Coat might be useful, but like darkamber says, that's gonna be all but useful everywhere else. :0 Although I suppose it might help against erufuun with Taunt or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)