Pokemon that benefit the most from Dream World (They see me Update'n,)

Personally I'm excited for cloud nine altaria, even though I do enjoy natural cure. I just absolutely HATE weather teams (even though I've experimented with them myself) and I always wished a better pokemon than psyduck had the ability. Maybe I'll end up using lickilicky too/instead, or maybe a new pokemon will have it. Weather probably won't increase too drastically in UU considering Poli and Ninetales will most likely be OU, but lots of new pokemon are getting weather related abilities (h8 u gamefreak) so it'll still probably see a rise. Especially rain dance...

PS. OMG OP ME AND YOU SHARE THE SAME FIRST NAME AND LAST INITIAL (lol but really)

I'm guessing that Feraligatr may merit a spot on the list if the boost from Swim(?) Goggles is 1.2+. Combined with Encourage it's a good alternative to DD Gyara. SD provides +2 as opposed to the +1 Gyara. gets with DD.
I'd think a set like this might work:
Ability: Encourage
Nature: Jolly
Item: Swim Goggles
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
Moveset:
Swords Dance
Waterfall
Return
Crunch(for the Water/Ghost if they end up in the same tier)

I don't have time to check for optimal coverage right now, but this looks effective to me.

andrea

/me cresselias
Thread Announcement!
NitroMetalHead and I will be turning this thread in as an Article in the future.
I'm sorry, but can I inquire as to how on earth you plan to write an article on an aspect of a brand new game that you a) cannot read and b) do not even understand how the dream world works?

Besides, the dream world is shut down for ten days as is. So, for those who even have the game, we can't even test out specifically how this functions.

That being said, if the dream world does work as we've figured out so far, I like drought Ninetales a lot.

In the long run, yeah. But if you need something NOW and you can't wait a couple turns, Infernape is a better choice. He also has a better movepool compared to Blaziken.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In the long run, yeah. But if you need something NOW and you can't wait a couple turns, Infernape is a better choice. He also has a better movepool compared to Blaziken.
The thing is, after one turn, Blaziken outspeeds and can hit harder than a SE ThunderPunch with STAB Hi Jump Kick. And you can just use Protect if you don't want to get hit, although you shouldn't be switching Ken into something faster than can KO anyway.

The thing is, after one turn, Blaziken outspeeds and can hit harder than a SE ThunderPunch with STAB Hi Jump Kick. And you can just use Protect if you don't want to get hit, although you shouldn't be switching Ken into something faster than can KO anyway.
Eh, you do have a point. But they could always switch to a counter on the turn you protect, you could predit that and act accordingly and so on and so forth. The first turn that Blaziken comes in will require some predition on both sides. Either way, Infernape will still be more useful than Blaziken on the first turn.

Firstly, I'm sure lots of people have already mentioned this, but most likely, dream world pokemon won't have access to egg moves.

Secondly, you are underestimating a lot of pre-existing abilities. Mamoswine and Gliscor's abilities, while hax based, are incredibly useful, especially with Gliscor, who has stalled out more teams that way than I can count, roosting until they miss, then smacking them with a toxic or something, then repeating. I have lost on several occasions to Mamo because I missed with a move in hail.

In addition, as anyone who has used LO Nape or Sceptile can tell you, Blaze and Overgrow are far from useless. It's also worth noting that on Nape, his best moves are all unboosted by Iron fist, and personally I'd much rather run a NPape with Fire Blast/Focus Blast/Vacuum Wave, which kicks so much ass when it doesn't miss that if not for the entirety of the 5 pokemon that reliably beat it in the 4th gen metagame after a NP, would be completely broken. It's not hard to set up either, pursuit bait pokemon are Infernape's best friend, you'll regret that scarftar soon you fools.

im surpised they buffed gliscor more..he was already great.
and i can see a fun way to use gallade..but then again hes always been one of my favorites

Due to technician breloom, which will more than likely use bullet seed for it's grass STAB, Herbivore pokemon will become useful. In particular, miltank with 95/105 defenses and instant recovery and the partially psychic girafarig will be able to survive its mach punch, kill breloom, and sweep with +2-5 attack. I should also mention the zebra can nitro charge breloom and go on to sweep with a bonus speed boost.

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but what about Water Absorb Suicune?
As well as Espeon with Magic Mirror

Due to technician breloom, which will more than likely use bullet seed for it's grass STAB, Herbivore pokemon will become useful. In particular, miltank with 95/105 defenses and instant recovery and the partially psychic girafarig will be able to survive its mach punch, kill breloom, and sweep with +2-5 attack. I should also mention the zebra can nitro charge breloom and go on to sweep with a bonus speed boost.
Uhhhmmm... you do realize that STAB Seed Bomb is stronger than a max roll STAB Technician Bullet Seed, right?

Uhhhmmm... you do realize that STAB Seed Bomb is stronger than a max roll STAB Technician Bullet Seed, right?
Bullet Seed's base power got boosted actually. But Technician Breloom probably can't learn Bullet Seed anyway since its not a TM anymore.

Unfortunately sue to the issue with dream world abilities and breeding Bullet Seed may be out of the question, and Breloom doesnt get a Technician boosted Grass move, but Seed Bomb is still pretty powerful. And Mach Punch is amazing, but for even more power, Force Palm can cause some havoc, especially with paralysis chance. Also, does anyone know what amount of damage a Wake-Up Slap would do if sleep is activated? Its 60 power, but doubles if the opponent is snoozing. So, would it go from 60 to 90 with technician, and then to 135 with STAB, and then doubled to 270? Or would it just double with stab, making it I believe 180.

Actually, now that I've looked it up, I see that Breloom does get Bullet Seed as an egg move regardless of it no longer being a TM. Since Dream World abilities were confirmed to be breedable in the research thread, this set would be possible.

I didn't read the full thread but you're missing espeon with magic mirror. Potentially a very good anti-lead (I don't know which tier) especially since it's abilities allows it to reflect non-attacking moves like Entry Hazards and Taunt.

And it can go full support without worrying about being taunted.

Man great thread i still havnt read through everything but i just wanted to say thanks on making this really helpful thread =P.

Oh and this is small but maybe you should mention how Magic Guard Negates Life orb Recoil on Kazam? =P

Another Dream World one I think is good... Smugleaf's EVO.... All I can say is.... So that's why they made it a speedy tank!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)