Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Something I just noticed that I don't think was mentioned is that Stamina activates when you hit yourself in confusion.

EDIT: I think I confused that with Mudbarg getting hit by Water Pulse. Never mind.

Last edited:

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
What was the safety goggles thing that happened at the beginning of gen 6? in regards to false news

Are the majority of priority this gen still physical? I know water shuriken is now special, but did any others switch?

What was the safety goggles thing that happened at the beginning of gen 6? in regards to false news
Not sure I understand what you're asking, since Safety Goggles still block all powder and weather. This has not changed from Gen 6.

Perhaps you are thinking of the Swimming Goggles rumor from Gen 5? It was a bad rumor that ran wild for a time before finally getting squashed.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Also is it confirmed that there will only be 15 mega stones available in game even after bank comes out?

I appreciate the research into Disguise so I can update Mimikyu. I need to know if for multi-hit moves like Rock Blast or Water Shuriken if the first hit breaks the Disguise and subsequent hits deal damage in the same turn or now. Please Alert me once we know thanks.

KingSwordYT

Mr. Superior thinking
is a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posting that Charizardites are available for this SuMo Gen!
(proof:
)
It will be good to have Mega-zards here in SuMo too!

(sorry if this was posted before, though) >:

Reactions: SMB
Can you Knock Off one of Silvally's Memories? If so, does it revert to Normal-type?
Knock off does not gain a boost from it and does not remove the item (so the same thing as Arceus).
I appreciate the research into Disguise so I can update Mimikyu. I need to know if for multi-hit moves like Rock Blast or Water Shuriken if the first hit breaks the Disguise and subsequent hits deal damage in the same turn or now. Please Alert me once we know thanks.
First hit breaks disguise, the next ones damage it.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Does the activation of Eject Button still get ignored by Sheer Force boosted moves and Knock Off?

Is Spectral Thief's boost-stealing effect boosted by Sheer Force and prevented by Shield Dust?

Or, in other words... is the boost theft a secondary effect?

Parental Bond does not cause a z-move to hit twice.

Edit: posting here for records. Battery boosts SpA of the ally by 1.3x

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Does the activation of Eject Button still get ignored by Sheer Force boosted moves and Knock Off?
I tested Sheer Force interactions with this with the whole Emergency Exit debacle earlier, and iirc it still blocked it. Knock Off also still seems to hit off items before they trigger.

Also, PS doesn't have Psychic Fangs implemented as a "Bite" move, and I can confirm in-game it's boosted by Strong Jaw.

Serebii lists that Golisopod's Emergency Exit works only once per battle. Can anyone confirm this?
It only works once, regenerating health doesn't allow it to happen again.
Maybe I misunderstood the premise, but Emergency Exit can most certainly activate more than once per battle. Had it activate in a trainer battle, healed him up with a potion, sent him back in and it activated again after dropping below 50%.

Also went ahead and tried a different approach: I let Emergency Exit activate, this time brought it back in below 50% and used Leech Life to bring it above 50%, and the next attack that lowered its health below 50% again caused Emergency Exit to activate for the 2nd time in the same battle.

Last edited:
On Showdown I was using Normalium-Z Porygon-Z (to try out Z-Conversion) and I also had HP Fire in my set. When I clicked to use Normalium-Z it had the option to use HP Fire (because it is a normal move) but it would turn into Inferno Overdrive. I had assumed that HP Fire would either become Inferno Overdrive with Firium-Z or Breakneck Blitz with Normalium-Z. This has to be a bug, isn't it?

On Showdown I was using Normalium-Z Porygon-Z (to try out Z-Conversion) and I also had HP Fire in my set. When I clicked to use Normalium-Z it had the option to use HP Fire (because it is a normal move) but it would turn into Inferno Overdrive. I had assumed that HP Fire would either become Inferno Overdrive with Firium-Z or Breakneck Blitz with Normalium-Z. This has to be a bug, isn't it?
Yes, but that belongs in the Bug Reports thread.

Meanwhile, about this Burn Up type change. I understand that if you then use Revelation Dance, that move now has ??? type. Presumably, like Struggle, this doesn't affect the target if it has the ability Color Change, and Conversion 2 fails?

How does Protean interact with Burn up? Specifically, can you
  • use some other Fire-type move, then Burn Up, then repeat the two moves ad nauseum
  • use some other Fire-type move, then Burn Up, then some move of another type, then repeat the three moves ad nauseum
  • use some other Fire-type move, then Burn Up, but subsequent attempts to use Burn Up fail until you switch

Ooh, this came up in one of the mechanics threads. I think Pokemon with Protean can't use Burn Up at all. The move only works for Fire types and it checks for type before Protean activates, so it fails.

Edit: I apparently fail at reading comprehension ugh. My "answer" didn't answer your question.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Yes, but that belongs in the Bug Reports thread.

Meanwhile, about this Burn Up type change. I understand that if you then use Revelation Dance, that move now has ??? type. Presumably, like Struggle, this doesn't affect the target if it has the ability Color Change, and Conversion 2 fails?

How does Protean interact with Burn up? Specifically, can you
  • use some other Fire-type move, then Burn Up, then repeat the two moves ad nauseum
  • use some other Fire-type move, then Burn Up, then some move of another type, then repeat the three moves ad nauseum
  • use some other Fire-type move, then Burn Up, but subsequent attempts to use Burn Up fail until you switch
-Yes, you can alternate another Fire-type move and Burn Up with Protean
-Yes, you can transform between types and then use Burn Up, as long as you used your other Fire-type move on the turn previous to using Burn Up
-Yes, subsequent uses of Burn Up will fail because the move fails before the Protean trigger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)