SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

All the rewards from the demo
[12:00:51] <~Kaphotics> 3 Stardust Star Piece Nugget 10 Pretty Wing Balm Mushroom Comet Shard
[12:01:01] <~Kaphotics> Special Demo Version Ash-Greninja Special Demo Version Stardust Special Demo Version Star Piece Special Demo Version Nugget Special Demo Version Pretty Wing Special Demo Version Balm Mushroom Special Demo Version Comet Shard
Are these rewards given out by those NPCs who tell us about an upcoming event in X number of days? Do all of them only give out expensive items? I had hoped that some of them would trigger an event in the demo as it is quite lacking in new challenges right now. Has any word been said about new quests by the NPCs?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Apparently in the demo you can battle a trainer while you're riding a Pokemon (Tauros) and doing so allows you to keep the riding uniform on in battle
Same thing with random encounters, it's a nice touch.
Just posting to confirm you can do this. I actually prefer the riding costume to be honest. It's much better than the standard garb we get to wear!

All I have done for the last hour or so is run around on Tauros! It's awesome and so fast we might even give up bikes!

Demo Info (Not Datamined):

Pikipek learns Supersonic, Pluck, Fury Attack

Yungoos learns Sand-Attack and Mud-Slap.

Rockruff learns Sand-Attack, Odor Sleuth, and Howl.

Hakamo-o learns Autotomize (It's gonna sweep!).

Preliminary testing seems to indicate that Battle Bond doubles the power of Water Shuriken while Greninja is Ash-Greninja.

Gigavolt Havoc has 100 BP when formed from Nuzzle (+80) and 160 BP off of Electro Ball (fixed, no matter the opponent's Speed). This shows that Z-Moves do not have a fixed BP buff, but instead the buff varies based on the move that is transformed.

Gigavolt Havoc's damage category depends on the damage category of the transformed move. Nuzzle made it Physical, T-Bolt and Electro Ball made it Special.
I'm not sure if someone mentioned it, but Pikipek learns Rock Smash too

Hey guys,

I have decided to make a list of all the NPC's who say you have to meet them in X days.
If I missed someone please correct me so no-one will miss whatever goodies they give us.
These days are counted from the day the demo was released, if someone wants to add specific dates to them, feel free to do so.
Day 1 (Not timed), Tauros ride 3 stardust. (Talk to the lady at the far end of the road with the Pokécenter) (Any date) On the route towards the trial, beat all 4 trainers and you will get a star peice. (4th one is kinda hard as she has an electro-ball Pikachu)
These are timed:
Day 2, talk to the guy outside of the Pokécenter (19-10-2016)
Day 6, lady wearing a straw hat at the corner south of the Pokécenter (23-10-2016)
Day 13, old man inside of the city hall (31-10-2016)
Day 19, Police man on the docks of the marina, backtrack right of the city hall and go down (6-11-2016)
Day 25, woman inside of the building at the marina docks (12-11-2016)

PLEASE CHECK IF THESE DATES ARE RIGHT!

As far as I can see, after having talked to every NPC after completing the trial these are all timed events.

Fun fact: if you battle a trainer while on Tauros you wear the 'safety clothing' during the battle, thought this was a nice detail to tell. :D

I'm not sure if someone mentioned it, but Pikipek learns Rock Smash too
Rockruff also learns Rock Throw & Bite, I caught one in the mini game. Yungoos also has sand-attack and bite.

EDIT: Judging on the pokémon I caught: Pikipek has decent speed, quite high attack and decent rest. Yungoos, mine was modest, but he has surprisingly high attack, rest is super decent (same speed as defenses). Rockruff, mine was brave, but he has decent attack and high speed, surprisingly Rockruff has less attack than yungoos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Are these rewards given out by those NPCs who tell us about an upcoming event in X number of days? Do all of them only give out expensive items? I had hoped that some of them would trigger an event in the demo as it is quite lacking in new challenges right now. Has any word been said about new quests by the NPCs?
yeah they're from the NPCs

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Holy shit...

I went in and captured 20 Pokémon in the catching challenge...

The guy doing it falls asleep...

You get nothing though, I did it just to check if there was a reward for a perfect game, but nope, you get nothing good day sir.
I thought we get to keep what we caught in the pokeball challenge.
I was so sad that I have to give away my Pikachus... 1 female and 1 male..

Holy shit...

I went in and captured 20 Pokémon in the catching challenge...

The guy doing it falls asleep...

You get nothing though, I did it just to check if there was a reward for a perfect game, but nope, you get nothing good day sir.
I got a Nugget to be send to the full game for catching at least 3 during my first time, I caught 6 in total. Kinda sad you have to release whatever you catch.

I thought we get to keep what we caught in the pokeball challenge.
I was so sad that I have to give away my Pikachus... 1 female and 1 male..
Wait a second, you can actually find Pikachu!? All I found were Pikipek and Yungoos, and only once in a blue moon, Rockruff. Where are the Pikachu hiding?

With the leaking in the demo, some evolutions of pokemon like the starters could be seen. Was this done using hacking and how excactly since the game isnt even out?

Demo Info (Not Datamined):

Pikipek learns Supersonic, Pluck, Fury Attack

Yungoos learns Sand-Attack and Mud-Slap.

Rockruff learns Sand-Attack, Odor Sleuth, and Howl.

Hakamo-o learns Autotomize (It's gonna sweep!).

Preliminary testing seems to indicate that Battle Bond doubles the power of Water Shuriken while Greninja is Ash-Greninja.

Gigavolt Havoc has 100 BP when formed from Nuzzle (+80) and 160 BP off of Electro Ball (fixed, no matter the opponent's Speed). This shows that Z-Moves do not have a fixed BP buff, but instead the buff varies based on the move that is transformed.

Gigavolt Havoc's damage category depends on the damage category of the transformed move. Nuzzle made it Physical, T-Bolt and Electro Ball made it Special.
Can't remember all of the moves off the top of my head, but I think both Yungoos and Rockruff get Bite. However I can say that Jangmo gets Leer and Hakamo gets Scary Face and Headbutt.

With the leaking in the demo, some evolutions of pokemon like the starters could be seen. Was this done using hacking and how excactly since the game isnt even out?
Datamining, the demo is a scripted dummy version of the full game just like the ORAS demo.

When fishing for entries in the demo you get the models and data attached to them as well as music and other scripts.

Basically they where too lazy to remove stuff from the original when scripting the demo and we got a near full leak.

We confirmed Mallowgate harder that Wottergate and even got shiny models of some stuff and a certain character Pokémon with fitting caps.
I won't discuss further, given that a mod deleted my post with images of the UB, the extra Alolan formes and Ash Pikachu(s), but let's say they did a lousy job in trying to masquerade stuff as Pikachu and all the moves as pound, we still got a lot of stuff...even weird stuff for Solgaleo and Lunala.

Again mods don't delete this I'm only explaining how the leaks worked I'm not going to go full spoiler mode nor post images.

The demo has a bit of scripted events for daily stuff, and I'm going to enjoy those for the time being.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Another thing I just found out is that you can register riding pokemon to a control pad slot. You just need to Click Y and then click on that white circle and you should be able to register it as if i was a key item
I guess this indicates (or confirms?) that Pokémon riding basically replaces the Bicycle.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Has anyone else brought up that, in the bag, the slot for TMs doesn't say "TM & HMs", but just "TMs."

Finally confirmed HMs are a thing of the past?

Guess it would make sense with the Poke Ride feature, but I'm curous what's gonna happen to Surf, since it's still a good move

Last edited:
I'm really liking the layout of the game. So far it looks like once you register a key item(?) you can just click the control pad and instantly use it without having to click Y. Kinda small but will save time. Just need to get use to it.

Also another thing I noticed from battling wild Pokemon is that you no longer need to click on the bag to use Pokeballs. Whatever was the last ball you threw will be registered and all you need to do is click Y and then you have the option to throw it or scroll through your Pokeballs. I wonder what other things have changed

A nice touch I noticed is that starting a trainer battle while riding on the Tauros means you kept the riding gear on for the battle.

It may be old news, but I still find being able to check stat raises/drops, along with volatile status conditions of each Pokemon on the battlefield is very cool. I also like how touchscreen-friendly it is for allowing us to check the info without having to press L+A.

Disappointed that the developers nerfed the speed dropping effect of paralysis rather than full paralysis but this is nonetheless a nice change. Hoping that Burn and Stealth Rock damage see similar nerfs.
no the last thing we need is pokemon like talonflame and zard to come in without taking the 50% stealth rock damage... the paralysis nerf is more than enough considering now its 90% accurate and the fact that it only reduces the speed by half.. i don't know why they reduced the accuracy and i don't i like it since its used mainly to cripple fast pokemon.. and now that it can miss, its a game changer like will-o-miss... but yea stealth rock is the only hazard that varies depending on the typing of the pokemon and i think it works out well..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)