SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

I guess I screwed the event, because she's not showing up. Guess that happens when you are not putting attention.
I will confirm or deny this being true tomorrow and the day after on my other demo.

Edit:
Keep in mind that both times I saw her, it was night time in the game and real life.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I actually got that event involve the girl and the guy who helped her today. Details in hide tags below.

The "guy" she is introducing you to is a Machamp. The girl will show it off and then they'll walk away. If you leave the area and come back, she'll be there again and will say something about how it was fun to hang out on the beach whenever to speak to her.

That's it. No item received for this one as far as I can tell.
Apparently in the Chinese version
She said that "we walked around the beach once, I'm so happy. "
Yes, "we".

Not sure about the Japanese version though.

My timid pikachu's Z-move from Electro Ball is 160 BP, but this move originally is stronger if used by faster Pokémon.

Is this power still variable or at this state the damage is fixed?

EDIT: caught some more pikachu and found out that

• BP is fixed
• Z-moves don't have priority
• Z-moves may land a Critical Hit

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So that's all from the "injured ankle lady"? Its revealed Machamp is the one who helped her with her sprained leg, they go off to hang out, then when you come back she said they had a fun time at the beach. I don't want to sound selfish but if you didn't get anything from it what was the point of making us wait? Like you could have just had it a random event like with Hue taking you to eat Malasadas, Lillie looking out into the ocean, or the Alolan Dugtrio sighting.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So that's all from the "injured ankle lady"? Its revealed Machamp is the one who helped her with her sprained leg, they go off to hang out, then when you come back she said they had a fun time at the beach. I don't want to sound selfish but if you didn't get anything from it what was the point of making us wait? Like you could have just had it a random event like with Hue taking you to eat Malasadas, Lillie looking out into the ocean, or the Alolan Dugtrio sighting.
I see a lot of people complaining about this too.
But on Asian language forums, people are overwhelmingly discussing about the human- Pokemon relationship in a positive manner.
Many people found the joke really funny.

I see a lot of people complaining about this too.
But on Asian language forums, people are overwhelmingly discussing about the human- Pokemon relationship in a positive manner.
Many people found the joke really funny.
Honestly, it only furthers my opinion that Pokémon and humans are not only the same thing (ie: Humans and Pokémon have a common ancestor, but evolved differently) but also used to have relationships, until a time when somebody/something decided it was wrong. I'm not sure who would be the entity to do that though, since religion, the main reason why people think polygamy is wrong, doesn't seem to be really strong in the Pokémon World.

Even though I'm kind of creeped out by this event, at least it was with a Machamp, which is in my opinion one of the most humanoid Pokémon. I still remember someone in another forum that wanted to marry a Zapdos. I never knew if he was joking or if he was a little bit desperate. Thank God it was in a normal part of that forum.

That's official art??? And here I thought I have seen everything.
It was part of one of the special pokemon sites they put together time to time. REmember the random slowpoke website? This was that, but for the Machamp line. There was even a little "commercial" for Machoke movers.

The artwork above was the three girls talking/fantiscizing about assorted Machamp things. Being rescued by machamp in the first one, going on a special machamp companion train ride in the final one

It was part of one of the special pokemon sites they put together time to time. REmember the random slowpoke website? This was that, but for the Machamp line. There was even a little "commercial" for Machoke movers.

The artwork above was the three girls talking/fantiscizing about assorted Machamp things. Being rescued by machamp in the first one, going on a special machamp companion train ride in the final one
There was another one as part of the Pokemon Daisuki Club that mentioned Machamp working as hosts at a cafe.

It also pointed out that Pokemon don't wear clothing, so the "speedo" is a skin pattern.
... so if that's the case, what is the belt? Iirc it is said to be removable.

Edit: Website, in japapanese, is http://www.pokemon.jp/special/kairiky_gym/
Edit2: TIL that Golds Gym is in Japan.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hey, what's going to happen to the demo when you send Ash-Greninja over to Sun & Moon? Ash-Greninja is your only Pokemon. Like will Professor Kukui lend you his Pikachu? Like sure at that point you don't need the demo anymore aside transferring any items you didn't yet, but still that doesn't mean they shouldn't plan on someone showing off (finished) demo to someone to maybe convince them to get the game or show them some Pokemon history.

Actually that's another small disappointment I have from both the ORAS and SM demo, once you play through it it's done. It's not like with the normal games where you can restart it, I think you gotta delete it if you want to see the "story" stuff again (thus if they remove the demo from the shop that means its "lost" unless you can hack it). Wouldn't mind if they can let you sort of restart the demo, minus getting any transferable items if you already got them.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Hey, what's going to happen to the demo when you send Ash-Greninja over to Sun & Moon? Ash-Greninja is your only Pokemon. Like will Professor Kukui lend you his Pikachu?
It'll be copied over so you'd keep the greninja in the demo and also get it in the full game.
Try sending it over right now -- it'll tell you that the greninja in the demo won't disappear.

Hey, what's going to happen to the demo when you send Ash-Greninja over to Sun & Moon? Ash-Greninja is your only Pokemon. Like will Professor Kukui lend you his Pikachu? Like sure at that point you don't need the demo anymore aside transferring any items you didn't yet, but still that doesn't mean they shouldn't plan on someone showing off (finished) demo to someone to maybe convince them to get the game or show them some Pokemon history.
Maybe it's copied? Just in case you accidentally release it?

with a full party at the catching game, I accidentally sent off a pikachu holding the Electrium Z. When I thought I had lost my stone, but there it was in the the bag again.

So I think we can assume the Z-stones are one-of-a-kind item and we can't lose, trade or store them. Not a good thing since I sort my pokemon boxes by items, but will not be enabled to have a "Waterium" box...

with a full party at the catching game, I accidentally sent off a pikachu holding the Electrium Z. When I thought I had lost my stone, but there it was in the the bag again.

So I think we can assume the Z-Crystal are one-of-a-kind item and we can't lose, trade or store them. Not a good thing since I sort my pokemon boxes by items, but will not be enabled to have a "Waterium" box...
May be remembering wrong since I only tried to use a Z-Crystal in the first day, but it seems Z Crystals are "linked" to a Pokemon, not equipped. You seem to get only one of each, but multiple Pokemon can be linked to a single Z-Crystal, as foolish as it may seem.

I can't determine whether I think that was a nice piece of storytelling, or just a technical cop-out. I mean, they couldn't show her walking through the door to the boat since that area is inaccessible, so they had to simply make her vanish. Doing it while a Machamp is in the way was quite neat, though.
There isn't a ferry to get onto, its why the receptionist says shes going to make one

There's no reason to frame the camera like that if they didnt want you to think she just disappeared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)