Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Preload is essentially the full game, but when the game releases you're giving an update which installs all the encryption to let you play the game.
In that case I completely believe someone being able to crack the encryption and being able to play it early.

Remember, USE SPOILER TAGS if this is true.

Preload is essentially the full game, but when the game releases you're giving an update which installs all the encryption to let you play the game.
It is the full game, but as I said before, we shouldn't worry about it. The encryption is pretty secure, apparently, or as it has been put:

"If they are prepurchasable, they're still protected by a 128-bit value, which nobody can brute-force before the universe dies."

The funny thing is that that is not hyperbole. It would take significantly longer than the age of the universe to crack a 128-bit key. In other words, don't expect the full game early unless retailers break street date...again.

Last edited:
Right now with the lack of a date for future news and the fact we got only one more corocoro I am hoping we don't get anything massive revealed like oras's delta episode was

Right now with the lack of a date for future news and the fact we got only one more corocoro I am hoping we don't get anything massive revealed like oras's delta episode was
With only 11 Mons (12, counting Marshadow) left unrevealed, I can't see them showing off much more. Maybe an UB or 2 will get a reveal, since we've only seen 3 of the 8 officially.

But yeah, I hope nothing big get's dropped about the post-game (though I think we're all pretty sure it will include Gyms and the League).

Last edited:
Considering the European release date, that'd be karma.
haha Well the reason for the European release date is because of retailers breaking street date (well, that seems to be why), so it would all go full circle, I guess.

I mean, Canada broke street date, too, but they don't get punished because no one can stay mad at them.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So we can expect the full game early. :v4:
There is more chance that a copy will go missing off a delivery truck before that 128 bit key is decrypted. Or someone will know someone who will know someone and "accidentally" misfile/lose a copy. Considering the speed at which Nintendo shut down XY leaks before, I would expect them to be even harsher this time around.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
With only 11 Mons (12, counting Marshadow) left unrevealed, I can't see them showing off much more.
By my count, it's 13, unless I've missed an announcement:
- Pikipek2
- Pikipek3
- Crabrawler2
- Sea Urchin
- Sea Urchin2
- Trap Spider
- Trap Spider2
- Morelull2
- Salandit2
- Wimpod2
- Anchor
- Cosmog2
- Marshadow

In addition, there's the Alola Geodude family, and Alola Diglett, bringing the total up to 17, 22 if you include Ultra Beasts. Sidenote: Strange that there are only three "families" of which we've seen no Pokémon at all, again not counting Marshadow.

As for the Ultra Beasts, I actually don't think we'll see all 8 upon release. Gen VII has only two event legendaries (Magearna and Marshadow), which is rather few compared to previous generations (3 in Gen VI, not counting Floette-E; and 4 each in V and IV, not counting BW Zorua, Spiky-eared Pichu or Phione). It would make sense for a couple of Ultra Beasts to be event exclusive too. Or maybe the back catalog of event exclusive Pokémon is now so big that they're reluctant to add more? Or - edited in later - that Ash-Pikachu serves as an event Pokémon for all practical purposes, bringing the total up to 3.

EDIT: Let's refine the list a little, and break down the Unacknowledged 22 by category:
  • 5 Ultra Beasts
  • 4 Alola Forms
    • 3 form a three-stage evolutionary line (Alola Geodude line)
    • 1 is a pre-evolution to a revealed Alola Form (Alola Diglett)
    • NOTE: Alola Dugtrio revealed as a model only, no official information is known
  • 1 presumably Mythical Pokémon, unlikely to be acknowledged when Sun&Moon are officially released (Marshadow)
  • 1 presumably legendary mid-evolution (Cosmog2)
  • 11 "regular" Pokémon
    • 5 Pokémon belonging to evolutionary lines that have not yet been revealed
      • 4 Pokémon in two-stage evolutionary lines ("Trap Spiders" and "Sea Urchins")
      • 1 Pokémon in a single-stage evolutionary line (Anchor)
    • 6 Pokémon belonging to evolutionary lines in which at least one member is revealed
      • 2 Pokémon from a three-stage evolutionary line (Pikipek2, Pikipek3)
      • 4 final evolutions from known two-stage evolutionary lines (Crabrawler2, Wimpod2, Salandit2, Morelull2)
All in all, I'd say we've got a pretty solid introduction to roughly half of the unreleased Pokémon, while the remaining half are either Ultra Beasts, Marshadow, or belong to evolutionary lines we have yet to be introduced to. By my count, those are 12 monsters still fully shrouded in mystery, out of a total... 80-ish new monsters in Sun & Moon. Decide for yourself whether that's good or bad.

Last edited:
By my count, it's 13, unless I've missed an announcement:
- Pikipek2
- Pikipek3
- Crabrawler2
- Sea Urchin
- Sea Urchin2
- Trap Spider
- Trap Spider2
- Morelull2
- Salandit2
- Wimpod2
- Anchor
- Cosmog2
- Marshadow

In addition, there's the Alola Geodude family, and Alola Diglett, bringing the total up to 17. Sidenote: Strange that there are only three "families" of which we've seen no Pokémon at all, again not counting Marshadow.

As for the Ultra Beasts, I actually don't think we'll see all 8 upon release. Gen VII has only two event legendaries (Magearna and Marshadow), which is rather few compared to previous generations (3 in Gen VI, not counting Floette-E; and 4 each in V and IV, not counting BW Zorua, Spiky-eared Pichu or Phione). It would make sense for a couple of Ultra Beasts to be event exclusive too. Or maybe the back catalog of event exclusive Pokémon is now so big that they're reluctant to add more?
I left Cosmog2 out because I was counting it like Marshadow (I think its reveal is unlikely, as GF likely wants to leave the Cosmog Evo line secret). And...I forgot about Crabrawleti, not gonna lie.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Tbh I think they'll reveal the Sea Urchin and Trap Spider lines. They could be counterparts or game exclusives. I don't see much else they could reveal honestly

E: I just noticed... Out of the 3 starters, two have a typing that is 4x effective against Lunala (And Primarina probs know Ice Beam). Lucky it has the equivalent of Multiscale to help it, otherwise it'd be fragile against the 2/3 of Alolan trainers who didn't pick Popplio

Last edited:
Should we expect a leak on typings, hidden abilities, base stats and movepool a couple of hours after the Australian release or will we still be competitively blind when the game's out in NA?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Should we expect a leak on typings, hidden abilities, base stats and movepool a couple of hours after the Australian release or will we still be competitively blind when the game's out in NA?
Considering I have several Australian friends who are going to be setting up threads, expect that to happen relatively soon after launch. Cant Say/Its_A_Random/MikeAU are all going to be posting content etc from launch day in Aus.

Most of the hackers are likely American, but I would say expect 95% of stuff to be known by Sunday evening (US time). Pretty much everything will be out by the time the Europeans get the game on the 23rd. As with this thread, all that info will be posted with big Spoiler tags, so if you want to avoid it you can do :)

Considering I have several Australian friends who are going to be setting up threads, expect that to happen relatively soon after launch. Cant Say/Its_A_Random/MikeAU are all going to be posting content etc from launch day in Aus.

Most of the hackers are likely American, but I would say expect 95% of stuff to be known by Sunday evening (US time). Pretty much everything will be out by the time the Europeans get the game on the 23rd. As with this thread, all that info will be posted with big Spoiler tags, so if you want to avoid it you can do :)
Many of them can also set their region to Australia as well, so there's that.

Many of them can also set their region to Australia as well, so there's that.
Yeah, they can get the game as soon as it comes out in Australia and they've already got the software and data necessary to start dumping stats, movesets, trainer lists etc. I'd be surprised if we don't have everything within six hours of Australian release.

All I'd like to see are the base stats and Hidden Abilities for the new pokes. I'm praying my boy Incineroar gets good Attack, workable Speed, versatile enough movepool and a useful Hidden Ability.

As for the Ultra Beasts, I actually don't think we'll see all 8 upon release. Gen VII has only two event legendaries (Magearna and Marshadow), which is rather few compared to previous generations (3 in Gen VI, not counting Floette-E; and 4 each in V and IV, not counting BW Zorua, Spiky-eared Pichu or Phione). It would make sense for a couple of Ultra Beasts to be event exclusive too. Or maybe the back catalog of event exclusive Pokémon is now so big that they're reluctant to add more? Or - edited in later - that Ash-Pikachu serves as an event Pokémon for all practical purposes, bringing the total up to 3.
The problem with the idea of some of the UBs being event exclusive is that Magearna seems to come after the UBs in the dex (but before Marshadow). Since Magearna will be available at launch (Japanese fans already have the QR code) I can't see them ordering the dex in such a way that players will have random gaps in the Pokedex for ages and not know what's supposed to go there (because unrevealed/unreleased) or how to get it. It's why the event Pokemon always just slot in at the end of the dex.

I, for one, am wondering if we'll get leaks of the strategy guide somehow; for obvious reasons, that's not so easy to encrypt. Granted we're only likely to get movelists and non-hidden Abilities that way, but I'd think it to be something, at least.

Probably depends on when the guides ship to sellers, though.

I, for one, am wondering if we'll get leaks of the strategy guide somehow; for obvious reasons, that's not so easy to encrypt. Granted we're only likely to get movelists and non-hidden Abilities that way, but I'd think it to be something, at least.

Bizarrely, the strategy guides have never leaked so far as I know.

I think all the japanese guides are set for december?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands

If its anything like the XY one its a load of crap anyway... All it really "gave away" was maps/item locations and some of the names/typings of Pokemon. Very few images of stuff we didn't know about already. Hell, And I quote here:

"A Gardevoir of this level [68] typically knows Captivate, Imprison, Hypnosis and Future Sight"... I didn't have the guide on launch, but read this after I completed the game. Diantha's Gardevoir is far, far more threatening than the moveset stated in this book. Goodra/Clawitzer/Talonflame/Avalugg et al are mentioned on teams, but they never show movesets or images of them. So it's kinda blind going in.

I expect the SM guide to be similar, but leaked typings would definitely be nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)