Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
What the hell is the Klinklang stage ... ?
Haxorus 2.0

You need to pull off a match of 3 every turn without causing a board reset and you should clear all of the icons on the last turn. It's one of the few actually puzzle based stages in the game, and has no luck involved (hence having less HP than Pidgey). You will always S rank it and end with 23% catch rate.

I'm actually done with everything now, Gardevoir, Mega Medicham and Bisharp are the stages to watch out for in this new set of stuff. Goodra is ironically the easiest of the new EX stages despite requiring all current main stages S ranked though, since bringing Goomy actually helps with the constant Goomy disruptions.

Reactions: JES
For Gothitelle, do you have Lugia? Eject+ Helps a lot to remove those stray icons at the bottom, and getting those cleared early is imperative to give you space for combos. I used Lugia for the regular clear, well worth losing the SE damage, and Gengar helped make up the difference for combos.
I have every pokemon they released in this game via special events, I will try my maxed out Lugia now in place of Yveltal. Thank you so much.

Anyone here have advice on catching/S-ranking Gardevoir (preferably with as few items as possible)? The first time I completed the level, I used Mawile/Dialga/Cobalion/Jirachi (first three max, Jirachi Lv.6) without items and completed it on my last move, but I failed to catch Gardevoir and haven't completed the level since. If only there was an easy way to deal with those barriers without sacrificing too much power...

wishing for a Mega that deals with barriers like M-Aero deals with blocks

EDIT: Teams I have tried using against Gardevoir with no success:
  • Gengar/Dialga/Cobalion/Palkia (max/max/max/7)
  • Gengar/Cobalion/Cresselia/Palkia (max/max/7/7)
  • Mewtwo/Victini/Cresselia/Espeon (8/max/7/4)
  • Gengar/Dialga/Cobalion/Muk (max/max/max/1)
  • Gengar/Arceus/Lickilicky/Snorlax (max/9/6/5)
This is an annoying level. I might just have to stock up after all.

Last edited:
Haxorus 2.0

You need to pull off a match of 3 every turn without causing a board reset and you should clear all of the icons on the last turn. It's one of the few actually puzzle based stages in the game, and has no luck involved (hence having less HP than Pidgey). You will always S rank it and end with 23% catch rate.
Do you know the combinaison ? Because I fail every time ...

Edit : Found this on Youtube :

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
Anyone here have advice on catching/S-ranking Gardevoir (preferably with as few items as possible)? The first time I completed the level, I used Mawile/Dialga/Cobalion/Jirachi (first three max, Jirachi Lv.6) without items and completed it on my last move, but I failed to catch Gardevoir and haven't completed the level since. If only there was an easy way to deal with those barriers without sacrificing too much power...

wishing for a Mega that deals with barriers like M-Aero deals with blocks

EDIT: Teams I have tried using against Gardevoir with no success:
  • Gengar/Dialga/Cobalion/Palkia (max/max/max/7)
  • Gengar/Cobalion/Cresselia/Palkia (max/max/7/7)
  • Mewtwo/Victini/Cresselia/Espeon (8/max/7/4)
  • Gengar/Dialga/Cobalion/Muk (max/max/max/1)
  • Gengar/Arceus/Lickilicky/Snorlax (max/9/6/5)
This is an annoying level. I might just have to stock up after all.
Just so you know double normal teams only work with timed stages so the combos can go on forever, otherwise you'd have to trigger double normal on move numbered stages every time you trigger a big combo.

Wanted to make sure I got the Banettitite this time around.

68218, 144th place in NA. That'll do. (I think: A moves-based competition where MGengar is SE... that's gonna see big numbers. Hell, it's not even the best score in my apartment.)

I am very excited to see giratina and mega banette return since I started playing shuffle after the first events took place. (still waiting for arceus)
I find it kind of ironic that the people with top scores are using mega banette (or gengar as usual).
The current 1st place hacker in europe has over 1 mio points (ditto, yveltal, darkrai, giratina)...

Just so you know double normal teams only work with timed stages so the combos can go on forever, otherwise you'd have to trigger double normal on move numbered stages every time you trigger a big combo.
I realize that now, but I was desperate enough to try anything at the time. Plus, RNG is a huge determining factor for the strategy in the first place, and it never seems to go my way.

Anyway, since no one has any team improvement suggestions, I'll just grind up to 15000 and go all-out with the team I used originally.

Anyone found something that works for Gardevoir? I've sunk 12k coins into three attempts, and never S-Ranked it. Only semi-consistent clear team I can find is Gengar + Kirlia + 2 SE mons, but that still didn't get me an S-Rank.

In order to make sure that I S-rank and capture the Pokémon in question, I make sure I have enough coins for all the options, including a Great Ball (FUCK YOU AEGISLASH!!!).

I think I know what works on Gardevior.....MATCHES. kidding, but seriously maybe shuffle mover + max items and a mega pokemon that hasn't been tried yet like SlowBro or insert thing here?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Some people have tried adding Kirlia to their roster and sometimes it matches with the already existant Kirlia on the board which clears a good amount of ice + it ejects one of the ralts but it's still quite unreliable. I personally went with M-Mewtwo + Psychics and with a lot of items but only managed to clear the stage with 1 move left.... at least after spending another 5k on greatballs I caught the damn thing so I won't be back to that stupid stage for a while.

Meanwhile just beat lvl 100 Cresselia on Mobile, certainly going after the lvl 150 speedup as well. On 3DS after beating gardevoir I went and S-Ranked both KlinKlang and M-Medicham. Also scored 25k points on the Mega Bannette competition itemless, maybe I should have gone all in with items but I wanted at least 1 test run to check on the stage, also not sure if the 1500 placement for the mega speedup is worth a try since everyone who takes it seriously will just go along with shuffle move anyway.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Honestly the only way I managed S ranking Gardevoir was going all in with all items and Mawile/Diagla/Cobalion/Jirachi. Getting rid of the initial barriers is a bit annoying because that's how fixed pattern Megas are but after that it was just big combos without any real snags. The barrier problem could be fixed by swapping Jirachi out for Creselia or Palkia though. I personally didn't see any way without the Complexity -1 but for a stage like that I think Complexity -1 is justified.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Got Bannetite very comfortably in the top 7000 in EU.

Celebi and Lugia return.

Ho-Oh is new Great Challenge, Base 80 Fire-type with Power of 5+. idk how terrible the stage actually is apart from it having over 20k HP since I threw in Mega Start, Attack Power ↑ and DD and called it a day with 13 turns left.

When I did Ho-Oh itemless, I beat it second try with 0 moves using a team of Aerodactyl/Garchomp/Palkia/Terrakion (max/max/7/max with +1 Mega Speedup) and failed to catch it. Then, I tried it a third time, this time using Aerodactyl/Garchomp/Palkia/Pupitar (max/max/7/2), ended up with 6 moves left (a catch rate of 21%—base 3%, additional 3% per move left), and caught it without using a Great Ball.

Also, I'm glad Celebi returned; now I'm all caught up with past events I missed.

Last edited:
Ho-oh's stage comes down primarily to how fast you get Aerodactyl online to eat the blocks.

Not a spectacular ability, but another base 80 for a type with Fire's offensive coverage is certainly nice. Gonna be grinding coins out for more Gardevoir attempts, I'm going all in with Complexity -1 and everything this time.

Ok without brand new challenges (Only Ho-oh), I will maybe try to do the Escalation Giratina to earn a Mega Rare Candy and some Meowth farming ! :)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Ok without brand new challenges (Only Ho-oh), I will maybe try to do the Escalation Giratina to earn a Mega Rare Candy and some Meowth farming ! :)
Getting both Speedups from Giratina is fairly easy. Apart from stage 50 and stage 100 (51 - 99 do not have Shaymin this time around), all can be done itemless, and even then, DD suffices on stage 50 and Atk ↑ and DD suffices on stage 100 and given the money you get from it, it is easy to get out of it with a profit in coins (10,170 - whatever items you buy for 50 and 100 including the free DD). The hardest itemless stages are around 70-75 and after that, it gets easier as the disruptions are not as bad though you may game over a few times due to bad luck. Totally recommend spending the 3 or so days it takes to get there from the start.

Anyhow gonna grind some coins in an attempt to finally catch that bloody Medicham (that stage is rubbish and I cannot wait to be done with it until I decide to S-Rank it) and then beat Mega Medicham for Medichamite. And then look forward to Rainbow Park 2.0 when they release the first lot of stages for it next month (surprised they did not go for Sandy Bazaar 2.0 there).

EDIT: Next week we are apparently getting a Mega Gardevoir competition and Heatmor, Durant, Maractus, Dunsparce and Qwilfish as Daily Pokémon.
Mega Gardevoir, Fairy, Base 70, Dex #298
Ability: Erases all Pokémon in the five columns to the left and right.
Mega-bar: 15 icons, 5 speedups available

Basically a Fairy-type Mega Venusaur/Kangaskhan. Evolves really fast but bad for combinations... :|

Dunsparce: Base 40 Normal-type with Mega Boost+.
Qwilfish: Base 50 Water-type with Paralyse.
Durant: Base 60 Bug-type with Block Smash.
Heatmor: Base 60 Fire-type with Eject.
Maractus: Base 60 Grass-type with Barrier Bash.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. Are we sure that I can have the new Speed up ? Because I already earned them during the first Escalation Battle in the past ?

Ah Finally a Mega Fairy and it's bad ... :( I prefer the Top to Bottom (like Lucario) than Left to Right :(

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Thanks for the advice. Are we sure that I can have the new Speed up ? Because I already earned them during the first Escalation Battle in the past ?
It does not matter if you did it the first time around, the levels reset and you will get the prize if you get to that level even if you have reached it before.

Finished #656 in the Banette comp: first time I ever got a Speedup out of a competition. Feels good, man.

Looks like I need some Meowth today for Ho-oh, then focus on clearing some main stages.

I finished 396th in Europe in the Banette competition, 69193 with all items but no ShuffleMove. Got Jewel and Speedup.

I beat Ho-Oh in with 21 moves left on 3DS, with Mega Blastoise/Garchomp/Palkia/Tyranitar and Mega Start+DD+Attack Power, missed at 66% and used a Great Ball. On Mobile I had 17 moves left with Altaria/Palkia/Aurorus/Groudon and the same items as 3DS, caught at 54%. After getting to Cresselia 150, I'll do Lugia.

EDIT: Found this on Reddit:

Mobile might be getting Kyogre+Groudon reruns and another set of dailies in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)