pokemon name revamp

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
it has come to my attention that the pokemon company has finally realised that it is much easier to understand a pokemon if its name describes it properly and accurately:

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 12.18.37.png

with that in mind i suggest that smogon should mark all existing pokemon names as redundant and provide new, more accurate names. for example, the name "pikachu" is extremely unhelpful. the smogon rebranded name will be Yellow Mouse: this helps the user to understand that the pokemon is yellow and is a mouse.

az faint please update the needful in the pokemon netbattle source code.

I would like to propose that Breloom is renamed to "Boxing Mushroom" as it accurately describes the general appearance and fighting style of Breloom. Another one I would like to propose is turning Escavalier into "Iron Escargot", as it references both the animal it is based on and the class of fighter it is based on. However, this may be too nuanced for this new naming system and as such could also be substituted for "Spear Snail", which works perfectly fine despite some shortcomings.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I kinda like the scarlet ancient ones. the double barreled descriptive names are ridiculous but at least kinda creative and kinda fitting for them being ancient lore.

the violet future ones all being Iron X though is incredibly lazy and particularly bad for the majority that are just Iron insert-word-here. The only one that isn't is Iron Jugulis, but that then sounds ridiculous too since the juxtaposition between a word and a non-word is just silly. all in all just a mess.

:sudowoodo: - Pokemon which appears to be wood but is not wood (trying to think of way to make this more succinct)
May I suggest:
Wood But SIKE!
Now some others:
:quagsire:The Best Pokemon
:Clodsire:The Second Best Pokemon
:carnivine:Fleischfressende Insektenpflanze
:gholdengo:Busted Gold Man
:milotic:TOO DAMN BULKY
(I’m a Reevo player btw)
:zacian:Not Even That Good Tbh
(Refer to my above statement)
:honchkrow:He SWAG
:drifloon:Stealing The Children

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I kinda like the scarlet ancient ones. the double barreled descriptive names are ridiculous but at least kinda creative and kinda fitting for them being ancient lore.

the violet future ones all being Iron X though is incredibly lazy and particularly bad for the majority that are just Iron insert-word-here. The only one that isn't is Iron Jugulis, but that then sounds ridiculous too since the juxtaposition between a word and a non-word is just silly. all in all just a mess.
ah, iron jugulis. the most creative name for by far the laziest paradox design.

Sorry if the sprites are too big, put them in a spoiler so they're not too in the way

Worst Starter
The GOAT
Smol Jugulis
Oink Cologne
Hound Stone
Iron Thorns

Alternative for Gogoat: Why Am I On Champion Geeta's Team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)