SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

Here's what I'm currently planning for end-game in-game team:
pla_endgameteam.png

Given the structure of the game, I envision this as the eventual end-game team, and I'll use other mons on the team until I obtain these options. I usually try to use exclusively new mons and forms for my teams; for this game since there are only a handful of options I opened it up to Sinnoh mons (which I don't mind since my original Pearl team was a bunch of random whos because I didn't want to waste precious items like dusk stones on in-game mons and Rapidash was the only fire option if you chose Turtwig). I guess those of us who like to use new mons and forms will have a lot of overlap in teams!

Togekiss isn't a lock for the last slot, but I wasn't super keen on any of the other new mons for this slot, and Togekiss' typing felt good on this team comp. Maybe it will get swapped out for Enamorus in post-game. Or maybe it will get replaced with a random shiny encountered in playthrough.

As mentioned previously, I had also originally thought about doing a mono-ghost run given Basculegion, Zoroark, and then-rumored H-Typhlosion's typing, but after seeing H-Typhlosion's lackluster design and the fact that OG Decidueye is unobtainable, the idea seems less appealing. (Plus I'm still not sure a mono-type run is even feasible given the format of the game). I played around with various comps for the available ghost mons as well, and none of them felt particular inspiring---too much overlap in the feel of the design and roles of the available non-legendary ghost mons. The bulk of the best ghost designs are from gens 5-8; Gengar really carried the ghost type for 4 gens. :P

team.png

Using Hisuian Typhlosion just for its signature move. Seems fun to use.
Umbreon is lovely as always.
Parasect for helping catch Pokemon. Going to get an Alpha version.
Ursaluna because I loved Ursaring in my playtrough of XD. Aplha too.
Togetic is my mascot.
Empoleon is my starter from Sinnoh so wynaut.

NealIRC

Banned deucer.
You know I really hope the next Gen 9 game has some thing where, if you have PLA in the Switch, you get this free pokemon. If you have BDSP or and Let's Go, you get these 2 each free pokemon. But obviously not powerful Gen 9 mythical but something half-way and the only way to obtain. And with it not too early on in the game. So yea up to 3 free semi-mythical pokemon.

You know I really hope the next Gen 9 game has some thing where, if you have PLA in the Switch, you get this free pokemon. If you have BDSP or and Let's Go, you get these 2 each free pokemon. But obviously not powerful Gen 9 mythical but something half-way and the only way to obtain. And with it not too early on in the game. So yea up to 3 free semi-mythical pokemon.
I don't think this is Gen IX, or Gen Anything because Game Freak revealed that they internally don't divide stuff by Generations the same way fans do. This has become a lot more apparent with the Nintendo Switch games, starting with Let's Go. They DO seem to divide Pokemon by region they were introduced, however. Notable that Meltan/Melmetal are the only two listed under "Unknown Region" and I'm sure that that Legend's 7 new Pokemon will be listed in home under "Hisui" in the Home update and whenever a game with a new region comes out all of those Pokemon will be categorized separately from the Hisui Pokemon.

NealIRC

Banned deucer.
I don't think this is Gen IX, or Gen Anything because Game Freak revealed that they internally don't divide stuff by Generations the same way fans do. This has become a lot more apparent with the Nintendo Switch games, starting with Let's Go. They DO seem to divide Pokemon by region they were introduced, however. Notable that Meltan/Melmetal are the only two listed under "Unknown Region" and I'm sure that that Legend's 7 new Pokemon will be listed in home under "Hisui" in the Home update and whenever a game with a new region comes out all of those Pokemon will be categorized separately from the Hisui Pokemon.
That's fine, whatever I call Gen 9 you can call it whatever you call it.

And if we expand the Pokemon world to include the anime, Melmetal and Meltan 1st appeared in Alola to me.

Edit: and assuming the next pokemon movie, as a trend revolving around mythical pokemon, will revolve around Enamorus. I suspect that movie will have the 1st cameo of Gen 9 heh.

Even without the whole "gen 9" thing, it's not impossible that gen 9 games will have something on these lines.

So far all the games released after Let's Go on Switch had some sort of "if you had a save from game Y, you get a bonus".
It's also a relatively good way to incentivize to buy old games without forcing anyone to do so.

I'm willing to say that while they divide by region for convenience they probably do internally divide the games into those chunks.

"New Generations" come with a set of changes and expectations that games within that generation, even ones that are a little more experimental or reigned in, don't.

Like I guarantee the design process for SWSH is wayyyyy different than PLA but will be very similar to whatever "the real" Gen 9 winds up being.

Even without the whole "gen 9" thing, it's not impossible that gen 9 games will have something on these lines.

So far all the games released after Let's Go on Switch had some sort of "if you had a save from game Y, you get a bonus".
It's also a relatively good way to incentivize to buy old games without forcing anyone to do so.
honestly kind of wonder if SWSH winds up getting a BDSP & LA save bonus bolted onto it (victini?!)

You wanna hear something awesome? Togekiss finally got access to moonblast in PLA. Moonblast is gonna be downright nasty with serene grace since it will have a 60% chance to drop special attack thanks to serene grace. Also, I honestly do not know why togekiss never had moonblast in the first place, since there was no reason not to give it moonblast since it is a special attacking fairy type and most special attacking fairies get it.

You wanna hear something awesome? Togekiss finally got access to moonblast in PLA. Moonblast is gonna be downright nasty with serene grace since it will have a 60% chance to drop special attack thanks to serene grace. Also, I honestly do not know why togekiss never had moonblast in the first place, since there was no reason not to give it moonblast since it is a special attacking fairy type and most special attacking fairies get it.
Tell that to Hatterene.

Last edited:
I mean, since there is data in BDSP for Pokemon from Legends being able to be sent to them, surely they would do the same for SwSh, at least for the ones coded into the game(assuming there is no patch to add more), so one will likely only have to wait until the Home update to use stuff like Moonblast Togekiss in a game with Abilities.

honestly kind of wonder if SWSH winds up getting a BDSP & LA save bonus bolted onto it (victini?!)
Unlikely, from what I noticed they only do it forward and not backward. Let's Go as well didn't get any bonus for purchasing any of the titles that released later, but each of them had a bonus for having Let's Go save data.

I mean, since there is data in BDSP for Pokemon from Legends being able to be sent to them, surely they would do the same for SwSh, at least for the ones coded into the game(assuming there is no patch to add more), so one will likely only have to wait until the Home update to use stuff like Moonblast Togekiss in a game with Abilities.
Regardless, being able to run moonblast over dazzling gleam, and having the chance moonblast's special attack drop to 60% is gonna be so good.

Unlikely, from what I noticed they only do it forward and not backward. Let's Go as well didn't get any bonus for purchasing any of the titles that released later, but each of them had a bonus for having Let's Go save data.
I also physically find it impossible to look at Let's Go, the game that got no updates and can barely interact with anything, as proof of anything.

Like I'm not saying SWSH will get this, just they've already shown it's open to updates akin to this and it will probably need to get a minor patch anyway*

From lamest timeline to coolest timeline
  1. LA to Home is 1 Way and they can't be transferred anywhere.
  2. LA to Home is 1 Way and can only be transferred to BDSP (provided they're gens 1-4, displays the mark, Strange Ball). Any of the new moves will have to be deleted in LA before being placed in Home or Home turns to Jail.
  3. LA To Home is 1 Way, can be transferred to BDSP (gens 1-4, displays the mark, Strange Ball) and SWSH (Provided they're somewhere in the SWSH dex) but SWSH recieves no update and doesnt display the mark or Strange Ball (shows a Pokeball instead). Any of the new moves will have to be deleted in LA before being placed in Home or Home turns to Jail.
  4. Same as 3 but SWSH got an update to include the mark and Ball.
  5. Same as 4, but both SWSH & BDSP also got updated to include the new moves as dummy moves so you can at least delete them and use the Pokemon they were attached to provided they're in their respective dexes and Home isnt Jail.
    1. The interlude where I say that LA to home could be 2-way and they could delete moves that way but i didnt want another 8 variants so just pretend they're there
  6. Same as 5 but the update included full usable versions of the moves for SWSH
  7. Same as 6 but BDSP also got those moves. only those moves tho
  8. SWSH got updated with all the moves, forms and Pokemon
  9. you thought there was going to be a timeline where BDSP also got the fancy update but you're wrong. You're dying, and this is your last dream.

Personally while I'd of course love 8 to happen i'm thinking 5 at best (4 at worst). Like it'd be a real simple update all things considered and i mean you may as well, even if you can do two way transfers just because it'd be so much simpler than making sure the moves were deleted before hand. If they somehow do 2- 4 I'm just going to sit here wondering why on earth Home doesnt have a built in move deleter functionality because that shit is going to get real old real fast since they're probably going to keep doing this moving forward. 1 I think is just impossible. 2 is one I can't fully ignore, though I'd find it really weird to not go to at least 3 there, you know?

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So reviews are in for PLA, seems like its got an 85 on Metacritic at the moment!

Now, Metacritic and Open Critic aren't the be all end alls (though it can be very useful for gathering reviews, and also helping you avoid stinkers like the GTA trilogy last year!), but something I noticed when reading reviews, is that they seemed very akin to Halo Infinite: basically, a game that, while doesn't nail everything, has a strong core gameplay loop and is generally considered a bold new direction for the series.

Honestly, it seems pretty exciting. Probably the first time I've been excited for a single player Pokemon experience (not counting spinoffs like New Snap) since the OG DP!

EDIT: LOL its at 86 now!

Last edited:
SO... ANYBODY TELLING HOW SPRINGTIDE STORM ADDITIONAL EFFECTS for both forms will help people to decide enamorus on team or not?do anybody know?

So reviews are in for PLA, seems like its got an 85 on Metacritic at the moment!

Now, Metacritic and Open Critic aren't the be all end alls (though it can be very useful for gathering reviews, and also helping you avoid stinkers like the GTA trilogy last year!), but something I noticed when reading reviews, is that they seemed very akin to Halo Infinite: basically, a game that, while doesn't nail everything, has a strong core gameplay loop and is generally considered a bold new direction for the series.

Honestly, it seems pretty exciting. Probably the first time I've been excited for a single player Pokemon experience (not counting spinoffs like New Snap) since the OG DP!

EDIT: LOL its at 86 now!
Literally the last place anyone should go for an opinion on the quality of a Pokémon game are pre-release game journalist reviews who were given early copies by Nintendo.

Tbh just wait until your favorite YouTuber or whatever that you trust talks about it. Remember IGN gave SwSh a 9.3 out of 10.

So, if SwSh got updated to include all the mons that are available in BDSP and PLA, as well as regional variants thereof, what percentage of the Pokedex is still unavailable in Galar?

it is a special attacking fairy type and most special attacking fairies get it.
Ignoring Pokemon who are very strongly physical-leaning like Grimmsnarl and Zacian, and ignoring Pokemon with better Fairy options like Sylveon and Weezing:
:aromatisse::carbink::clefable::diancie::florges::gardevoir::ninetales-alola::primarina::ribombee::shiinotic::tapu-fini::tapu-lele::whimsicott::xerneas:
:alcremie::comfey::dedenne::hatterene::klefki::magearna::mr-mime::slurpuff::tapu-koko::togekiss::wigglytuff:

It's a pretty even, though there is a slight preference for learning Moonblast. It's also worth noting that including physical attackers and not-fully-evolved Pokemon, there are 22 Fairy-types who learn Moonblast vs 35 who don't.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's Pokemon, to be fair. The mainstream reviews are always generally going to be good, but on the other side of the coin, the egregiously long and strawman-y rant videos by questionable people will always be inevitable. :mehowth:
To be fair, BDSP and Lets Go couldn't even crack 80, and SwSh was a pretty big drop from SM in the low 80s.

Yeah the mainstream press ain't perfect in many respects, and they aren't going to notice a lot of flaws us super hardcore nerds would, but its not like Nintendo can just buy them off either, and in particular they've been harsher on a lot of Pokemon stuff lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)