Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

It's unclear how much of it was rabid fans and whether Nintendo and friends had any involvement.
I'm going to guess that the majority of the harrasment came from 4chan folk because from what we've seen of Latte Larry's appearance (namely his hands) we know that he is Not White and we all know how much 4chan hates Not White people.

anyways I'm still expecting the game to get dumped within the week. Poryleeks said that some stores are breaking street date already, so more people are bound to get their hands on the game

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm going to guess that the majority of the harrasment came from 4chan folk because from what we've seen of Latte Larry's appearance (namely his hands) we know that he is Not White and we all know how much 4chan hates Not White people.

anyways I'm still expecting the game to get dumped within the week. Poryleeks said that some stores are breaking street date already, so more people are bound to get their hands on the game
It’s already happening right now.

Until a day or two after the release date is reached (January 28th 2022), I’d advice those who do not want to see spoilers to use YouTube or Twitter, and also avoid the leak forums until the date is reached.

The 360 video that was pulled is rereleased:

It's a neat look I guess. They hid the player character so that you can stare straight down/up while riding to get a look at the Pokemon, which is cool, though it has the effect of there not being any hands holding the handles while riding Basculegion.

The areas definitely look a bit sparse so far. Wondering if the actual density of Pokemon will pick up in later areas, or if the expectation is that we'll just be on Wydeer, etc., so often that the distance between wild Pokemon doesn't feel so large.

You know, I am a bit worried of the "gameplay loop".

I *like* it, but I REALLY fear that the whole concept of a Go-esque spamcatching of pokemon may become tedious/boring pretty fast.
It works fine for something like Pokemon Go where it's something you do while outside, or even for Let's Go since you didn't need to do much more than fling the balls, but for an actual RPG basing most of the game on a repetitive and slow process isn't ideal.

I'm really banking on the quests being varied enough and main plotline being interesting ><

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
You know, I am a bit worried of the "gameplay loop".

I *like* it, but I REALLY fear that the whole concept of a Go-esque spamcatching of pokemon may become tedious/boring pretty fast.
It works fine for something like Pokemon Go where it's something you do while outside, or even for Let's Go since you didn't need to do much more than fling the balls, but for an actual RPG basing most of the game on a repetitive and slow process isn't ideal.

I'm really banking on the quests being varied enough and main plotline being interesting ><
I've been thinking about this for the past few days and I think the answer on how to not make it feel repetitive is making it so each Pokémon species feels unique to approach. We know there's 3 different ways a mon could react to seeing you, so I wonder if within those 3 base reactions there are other ways they react.

For an example, we have seen different moves being used to attack the plauer. It would be interesting if each mon had a different set it could use so you had to avoid a different combination of moves or something the like, and the same goes for the other 2 reactions. Maybe some Run Away mons you have to approach while being hidden while some others have to be cornered (think Wimpod in SM)

It's all just a guess but I think this would at least make the gameplay mpre varied. There might also be more strategic Pokeballs or Items lile the Heavy Ball rework and Smoke Ball we have seen to make approaching mons all the more diverse

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey guys, it's me again. By this point, we all know my favorite Pokémon game and blah blah blah, but obviously that's not why I'm here... kind of.

See, I've felt incredibly split on this game for a while now, and I'm hearing more and more people compare the style of this game (or at least the individual aspect of this game) to my beloved Ranger trilogy. Why does this matter? Simple: it's because a game feeling more in line with my comfort game (or games) might actually be the deciding factor on if I'm willing to buy the game and play through it.

So with that, I leave you guys with a bit of a survey question. Knowing what all has been posted in this forum, what kinds of positive stuff could you say about this game to a Legends: Arceus doubter like myself, who is looking for things like character development, more "inclusive" story-based content parallel to what we might see in an older spinoff game, and other things along those lines? The more positivity I can get from this game in regards to what I'm looking for in a Pokémon product, the better... and I would be very appreciative of getting your guys' help on this. Thanks in advance :D

Matleo

Banned deucer.
Hey guys, it's me again. By this point, we all know my favorite Pokémon game and blah blah blah, but obviously that's not why I'm here... kind of.

See, I've felt incredibly split on this game for a while now, and I'm hearing more and more people compare the style of this game (or at least the individual aspect of this game) to my beloved Ranger trilogy. Why does this matter? Simple: it's because a game feeling more in line with my comfort game (or games) might actually be the deciding factor on if I'm willing to buy the game and play through it.

So with that, I leave you guys with a bit of a survey question. Knowing what all has been posted in this forum, what kinds of positive stuff could you say about this game to a Legends: Arceus doubter like myself, who is looking for things like character development, more "inclusive" story-based content parallel to what we might see in an older spinoff game, and other things along those lines? The more positivity I can get from this game in regards to what I'm looking for in a Pokémon product, the better... and I would be very appreciative of getting your guys' help on this. Thanks in advance :D
I am pretty sure to get this game despite being one of the most critical people in here regarding how Pokemon has handled the transition to Nintendo Switch, and I can give you some reasoning that could sway you one way or the other:

1. If you are looking for hook-ups, links to the general lore, etc, it seems like this is the game that establishes how the Pokeworld worked right before the system we're accustomed to playing in. Provided it is not a series of asspulls, you should be in for a treat.
  2. A much closer chained envinronment, meaning no Wondertrades, no stupid raids or underground that gives you access to a larger than life number of options and broken mons almost immediately means that you should be much more immersed in the game flow, unlike both SwSh and BDSP that completely botched the immersion part.
  3. The campfire+crafting+clear tasks/collections to advance in both your main story and lateral story (like completing a "Dex" of sort) looks very similar to Dragon Quest, if you've played the most recent installments. I don't know if that is a selling point for you, but it certainly is for me.
  4. I would not hope for a story as deep as something like Final Fantasy tactics Advance 2 or anything like that. The best we've had so far in such terms has been BW and I seriously doubt PL:A will top that.
Please take all of the above with a grain of salt, I cannot talk extensively about anything else since I've gone dark on spoilers since the Schyter evolution reveal (still have not seen it). If you plan to get the game and have gone dark, keep staying in the dark! I, for once, will not know what expects me and this is by far and large the most exciting thing - I have not had this feeling since original D/P.

Last edited:

A new overview trailer dropped just a few days before release. I mostly won't go into any leaked info here and will err on the safe side but I will point out a shot that reveals a menu option officially.
1643049909933.png

Another look at status Double Hit and Floatzel's moves.

1643049319690.png

Official showing of the pokemon box select menu and the "Change moves" and "Change name" menu options.
1643049354575.png

Psyduck's info.

1643049472715.png

1643049664696.png

The progression system reminds me of PMD just by the basic concept of gaining ranks in a team.

1643049630250.png

I think this is the first time Hurricane has been shown.

Finally, this is a vague rumor/description from the "Riddler Khu" twitter about the different stat formula that was actually posted before the games leaked, so I thought to mention it here because it's not information like a solid datamine of the formula that comes from the leaked game and I don't think we have info on that just yet, but it's still spoilered on the safe side. Thanks to Jibaku for posting on the discord because I never ended up following them before they went private.
1643050332201.png

The Legends Arceus theme for this edition of Tetris 99 Maximus Cup was this weekend (and is still active for a few more hours). Whenever there's a new theme ready, it's fun returning to Tetris 99 because it means more new engaging sound effects and music to enjoy through Tetris gameplay. Here's what I like most from the Legends Arceus theme:
  • The starting music is the main field theme, which is probably the most peaceful 99 Players music to date.
  • When you perform a T-Spin, you get the very crisp sound effect you get from selecting the Agile Style for a Pokémon move.
  • For any players you KO, the Sword & Shield theme of Tetris 99 notifies you with a visual "BOOM" with Voltorb, complete with a Voltorb cry. Legends Arceus does the same thing, but they made sure to use Hisuian Voltorb this time.

Notably the trailer also shows the evolution animation for what might be the first time.
On the corresponding Japanese side, they get a similar trailer though it's labeled as the final one instead of the final evolutions and has some more shots.
1643123469943.png

1643122779500.png

Dusclops appears to be in a 5v1 with Hisuian Zoroark based on the health bars and icons in the top right.
1643122827926.png
1643123051320.png

Glaceon gets Ice Beam, Swift, Icy Wind, and newly Calm Mind.

The website also updated the story section too with a bit more details about what seems like the main plot of the game, judging by the filename of the art being named late-game.jpg.

1643123237495.png

1643123264172.png

1643123282245.png
1643123222833.png

Level 85 wild pokemon is actually something intriguing though.
That's very high for the standard pokemon game (or RPG in general), making me assume there are indeed post-game quests and/or areas to tackle.
Interestingly, I see that Calm Mind *can* go both styles.
I'm assuming Agile makes the turns faster, I wonder what a "strong" status buff does though.

Notably the trailer also shows the evolution animation for what might be the first time.
On the corresponding Japanese side, they get a similar trailer though it's labeled as the final one instead of the final evolutions and has some more shots.
The email from TPCi announcing the news also outright calls it the final trailer and says "look forward to discovering [the new starter evolutions] during your adventure!" Personally, I think there should have been another trailer tomorrow or something that actually reveals the starters and their typings---I think starter evolutions should absolutely be revealed before launch. The 'surprise' of finding out what the evolutions are (if you avoided leaks) would have been a disappointing one for me in XY, SwSh, and PLA if leaks didn't reveal their evolutions. SM would have been a pleasant surprise, but only because it turns out I would have picked Rowlet anyways.

I legit didn't even recognize that was Zoroark getting blasted! I guess Dusclops is using a dark move, then.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The site at least provides us with way clearer silhouettes

View attachment 401525
View attachment 401526
View attachment 401527

Don't really know what to make of these other than the fact Decidueye got a hat
So what I'm reading from these silhouettes is that Decidueye became a Roxie cosplayer, Typhlosion became a God in Okami, and Samurott got into a fight with a thorn bush.

But yeah, they got Hisuian forms. *DEEP BREATH & SIGH* I'll wait until I play the game, maybe they'll have an explanation for the sudden form changes. If you want to know my beef with this decision you can read it here.

When you watch a video expecting to see the Hisuian starters, but they don't show up

That's it? That's the Hisuian starter reveal? That was just a bunch of cheap walk cycles!

Anyway, Hisuian Samurott looks the most interesting just from the silhouettes. This is my first opportunity to play a Pokémon game without being spoiled in fifteen years, so not knowing the starter evolutions isn't too big of a deal. Maybe they should demote whoever named the video though.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Serebii said:
It has also been confirmed that the strategy guidebook will release in Japan on April 16th 2022. This guidebook comes with a serial code for 50 Nuggets.
:psygrump: At this point they might as well just give us the money up front instead of forcing us to find the...

*Remembers there's a crafting system*

Hmm, I wonder if Nuggets were given a little extra use via being a likely rare crafting material... :blobthinking:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)