Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
So. We finally made it past Dialga. Now for the endgame.

Will our resident Minato rise with his Octillery and Ambipom? Will they prove to be the final type mismatch before the mighty Flint? Yeah, they probably will. In the meantime though, have this here Electric Ambipom. Thought it would be cool considering that it isn’t.
F78196E0-FF1C-4952-907F-0FCA70F4E7B6.png

Based on plugs, primarily. Hate it, love it, this was purely made for the meme.

So. We finally made it past Dialga. Now for the endgame.

Will our resident Minato rise with his Octillery and Ambipom? Will they prove to be the final type mismatch before the mighty Flint? Yeah, they probably will. In the meantime though, have this here Electric Ambipom. Thought it would be cool considering that it isn’t. View attachment 383808
Based on plugs, primarily. Hate it, love it, this was purely made for the meme.
It would be cool since Electivire has an outlet in its back. Maybe they could a a fused form where Ambipon plugs it's tail into the outlet and super charges Electivire, giving it super jacked up stats or a Physical Electric STAB move that doesn't suck hehe. Now that would be a challenging boss.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Will our resident Minato rise with his Octillery and Ambipom?
What, no Electric-type Octillery? Ice-type Medicham? Fire-type Lopunny, Steelix, and Drifblim? Bug-type Drapion? If we're going to do this joke let's go all the way! Some ideas:
  • Water/Electric Octillery: Head looks like a diving helmet, tentacles look like big cable wires, and mouth is replaced by a pair or taser plugs.
  • Fighting/Ice Medicham: Instead of a Yoji is dressed as a Tibetan monk.
  • Fire Lopunny: Similar to how it is now but it's a darker red, its muff is on fire, and has fiery fluff on its head (looks like a fur hat) and legs (looks like leg warmers).
  • Steel/Fire Steelix: Is made of a black metal and it's spikes are flame exhausts; its mouth also looks more like a furnace.
  • Ghost/Fire Driblim: Its ribbons are not holding a will-o-wisp and its "head" is more inflated & slightly translucent with a glow coming from inside it; the white cloud wisp now black smoke.
  • Bug/Poison Drapion: Color scheme matches Skorupi.

naturalstupidity

formerly The Imposter
It's a train wreck, but a strangely beautiful one.

Shuca Berry Surf Raichu is going to be fun for the kids trying to blindly Earthquake it.

We didn't get to see much of the rest of the fight, but an Ambipom that does more than just spam Shock Wave is less terrible than before (seriously, its entire moveset in DP is Shock Wave/Agility/NP/Baton Pass. I don't know how that got green-lit.) Interestingly, the Luxray is faster than the Dialga. Since Dialga is base 90 and Luxray is base 70, that implies some more IV/EVs.

Can't wait to see how they try to make Aaron's Beautifly and Dustox big-brained. That's gonna be something.

I'll be honest I have no idea how people can be freshly mad at this, it has been plainly obvious game was going to be doing!

It's a train wreck, but a strangely beautiful one.

Shuca Berry Surf Raichu is going to be fun for the kids trying to blindly Earthquake it.

We didn't get to see much of the rest of the fight, but an Ambipom that does more than just spam Shock Wave is less terrible than before (seriously, its entire moveset in DP is Shock Wave/Agility/NP/Baton Pass. I don't know how that got green-lit.) Interestingly, the Luxray is faster than the Dialga. Since Dialga is base 90 and Luxray is base 70, that implies some more IV/EVs.

Can't wait to see how they try to make Aaron's Beautifly and Dustox big-brained. That's gonna be something.
Quiver Dance?

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Changes: Raichu has Surf and holds a Shuca Berry
Ambipom has Fake Out and Double Hit, so a full on Technician abuse
Couldn't see much of the rest, but both are def solid upgrades at least (assuming we don't get easily overleveled like the person playing is rn)
im pretty sure the starters got traded over from a second switch, so uh, their exp gain is JACKED.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'll be honest I have no idea how people can be freshly mad at this, it has been plainly obvious game was going to be doing!
I'm not mad, just disappointed.

"Alright, how can you be freshly disappointed?"

... One surprise. Is that too much? With Flint the only one left, I would like to be proven wrong about GF's lack of awareness and surprise all of us by giving Flint his Platinum team. Do I think it'll happen? Obviously no. But then again, that's my point, I have so little faith that part of me is now hoping they can pull a surprise... but I ain't holding my breathe.

With all these updated movesets, I have a feeling that the game would actually be challenging if we didn't have a forced Exp. Share. I wish there was a way to glitch it out or something so that it doesn't work.

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

"Alright, how can you be freshly disappointed?"

... One surprise. Is that too much? With Flint the only one left, I would like to be proven wrong about GF's lack of awareness and surprise all of us by giving Flint his Platinum team. Do I think it'll happen? Obviously no. But then again, that's my point, I have so little faith that part of me is now hoping they can pull a surprise... but I ain't holding my breathe.
Or at least something on type.

Rotom is in this game ffs.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Rotom is in this game ffs.
A whole bunch of Ice-, Electric-, and Fire-types are now available in the game via the Underground! They changed up the moveset, why are the teams taboo especially when there's the Platinum teams! The rules with Pokemon has always been if the player can get it during the main game via in-game means than so can NPCs.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Im getting kinda bummed out that most people will probably just immediately diss this game's boss design on principle for using DP Pokemon selection when it's so clear that ILCA is genuinely putting in work to give them all interesting movesets and synergies (Sitrus + Belch Skuntank is so raw wtf). Maybe my standards are just way too low or I'm Armond White's long lost half-brother but despite my very obvious initial apprehensions they've won me over with the choices they've made. Like I said before, I am genuinely excited to see what the Elite Four has in store even if they got DP teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)