Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there unconfirmed, yet plausible rumors about Tsutaja being Grass/Fight (Snake with arms makes it plausible), Pokabu being Fire/Dark (black part of head is like the whole "bandit" sort of thing), and Mijumaru being Water/Psychic(Eh, don't really see this one, though...)?
If anything, at this point these types are the best guess at the actual starter types, or at least their final evos.
There are also rumors that the grass one will be grass/dragon. Of course, by rumors I mean wild guesses. Also that rumor was likely started because of the Fighting/Psychic/Dark trio people have wanted since Gen II. That means it was probably just wishful thinking.

At this point any secondary typing is possible. Some are more plausible than others based on the appearance of the Pokemon. I don't see how Pokabu could be part Dark. It doesn't look like a bandit at all. The fact that it is a bulky pig with a partially brown color scheme makes me believe it will be part Ground.

Those are far from the best guesses.

I actually assumed that the fire pig would be Fire/Dark in its final evo.

Grass snake I could see Grass/Fight, or Grass/Dragon

Blue beaver- who cares? :D

I think Trickery attacks the foe with the foe's stats. So maybe, your opponent's stats become yours??

Also, the "blue beaver" might be Water/Ice as its final evo.
I'm hoping not, Ice/Water is too cliche.
I'm hoping for something different as it's been speculated : Water/Psychic (although I won't be choosing him, I'd like to see GF pull something new out of the bag)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
yes, that is right, that is exactly what i mean, selling shit like roost TMs for pathetic prices.
This would only work if the TMs had some kind of side effect. Nintendo wouldn't let a second-party encourage buying pirated/stolen products on their second most-selling franchise.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The typing of Reshiram and Zekrom isn't going to raise any hype at all unless it's really special (like pure Flying on Reshiram or whatever), so why would GameFreak stick their necks out just to make sure Daisuki knew one of Reshiram and Zekrom's types, especially if the typing they shared was Dragon for both of them?
Game Freak told Daisuki Club they're the "Legendary Dragon Pokémon" (whether it's "Doragon" or "Ryu", I cannot say) and they went and mentioned it in their e-mail to Daisuki members.

Is that really that difficult to comprehend ?_?

I actually assumed that the fire pig would be Fire/Dark in its final evo.

Grass snake I could see Grass/Fight, or Grass/Dragon

Blue beaver- who cares? :D
Well they are good guesses, but not the best. I'd say they are on par with Fire/Ground, Grass/Poison, and Water/Ice, since all of those guesses are also based entirely on appearance and nothing else.

This would only work if the TMs had some kind of side effect. Nintendo wouldn't let a second-party encourage buying pirated/stolen products on their second most-selling franchise.
humm....ok i dont know, but i feel like it would be nice if they did only for the porpuse of getting TMs more easily, they could just give a little boost to the normal shops and i will be happy.

But....But we have Hitmonchan.... :(

Though, another special Fighter would be nice. I could see the Monk thing working out as it's main inspiration.

But I still prefer Hitmonchan to that. He needs more love.
Hitmonchan is supposed to be UU/OU, my pokemon would be Ubers if created. Not the same tier at all.

Grass/electric is entirely plausible, and i'm not sure why i never considered it before. However, that final pokabu evo is terrible, god I hope it doesn't end up like that.

The Daisuki Club is not just a random fan club. Serebii, some smogon members, and various others are aware of this. The Daisuki Club is in one way or another affiliated with Gamefreak. Nintendo even made a special DS Lite based on the Daisuki Club. Besides, Serebii is generally a reliable sources as doesn't "confirm" random things. I mean, look at the electric type thing. He never said it was confirmed. He said it was a rumor. I mean, you gotta give him a bit more credit than that. Serebii is not know to just confirm random shit.

Being that The Daisuki Club is affiliated with Gamefreak, it is pretty much safe to say that these pokemon are Dragon typed, or at least they are most likely Dragon typed.

There are also rumors that the grass one will be grass/dragon. Of course, by rumors I mean wild guesses. Also that rumor was likely started because of the Fighting/Psychic/Dark trio people have wanted since Gen II. That means it was probably just wishful thinking.

At this point any secondary typing is possible. Some are more plausible than others based on the appearance of the Pokemon. I don't see how Pokabu could be part Dark. It doesn't look like a bandit at all. The fact that it is a bulky pig with a partially brown color scheme makes me believe it will be part Ground.

Those are far from the best guesses.

My guess is the fire is the bulky wall, we haven't had one of those yet as a fire starter. Pigs are fat...which kind of implies bulk as many have mentioned.

The grass guy is hopefully a physical variant of Sceptile, something like 70 / 105 / 80 / 90 / 70 / 115 that can SD and Leaf Blade the way Sceptile only hopes to. I mean, we've had a special/slow in Venasaur, an all arounder in Meganium, a bulky physical attacker in Torterra, and a speedy but more specially based attacker is Sceptile. I love using Sceptile, but if only his access to SD really paid off. Doing a physical version of Sceptile with this new grass guy would make him my lock to use.

As for the sad otter.....I am afraid it will end up this gens water Infernape. A frail fast poke that can sweep off either attack stat. We've not had a water starter with much speed. The best has been what, 78? I think it's a viable option since they've come nowhere close to anything fast for a water starter.

As for the sad otter.....I am afraid it will end up this gens water Infernape. A frail fast poke that can sweep off either attack stat. We've not had a water starter with much speed. The best has been what, 78? I think it's a viable option since they've come nowhere close to anything fast for a water starter.
The closest we've come to an otter prior to this 5th gen is Floatzel, based on the otter's distant cousin the weasel, and Floatzel is very fast, so that should make sense.

One thing that should be kept in mind is that a Dragon typing really throws the starters off balance by tipping the favor towards the Dragon starter. It's just too powerful a type to just be slapped on there.

Grass/Dragon would make our grass snake take normal Fire damage from fire pig, with the pig having no STAB to hit grass SE unless it gains a Poison, Flying, Bug, or Ice subtype (Poison has a small chance, but the others are definitely not happening).

People can point out Empoleon's case from last gen all they want, but there's a big difference. Empoleon may not have been able to get a STAB SE hit on Torterra, but it could still get a SE hit on another starter (Infernape). If we have a Grass/Dragon snake starter, then fire pig would have to become part Poison or else have no advantage over EITHER starter.

One thing that should be kept in mind is that a Dragon typing really throws the starters off balance by tipping the favor towards the Dragon starter. It's just too powerful a type to just be slapped on there.

Grass/Dragon would make our grass snake take normal Fire damage from fire pig, with the pig having no STAB to hit grass SE unless it gains a Poison, Flying, Bug, or Ice subtype (Poison has a small chance, but the others are definitely not happening).

People can point out Empoleon's case from last gen all they want, but there's a big difference. Empoleon may not have been able to get a STAB SE hit on Torterra, but it could still get a SE hit on another starter (Infernape). If we have a Grass/Dragon snake starter, then fire pig would have to become part Poison or else have no advantage over EITHER starter.
I'm not sure why you brought up empoleon since torterra is supposed to have an advantage over him. But I agree that grass/dragon seems unlikely due to taking neutral fire attacks later on. But I still want it to happen. And if the pig does become fire/steel he would at least resist both of the grass starters STAB attacks.

I'm not sure why you brought up empoleon since torterra is supposed to have an advantage over him. But I agree that grass/dragon seems unlikely due to taking neutral fire attacks later on. But I still want it to happen. And if the pig does become fire/steel he would at least resist both of the grass starters STAB attacks.
Well my point is that if the snake becomes Grass/Dragon, then the pig would lose Fire SE and require a secondary typing to still keep its edge over the snake, just like Torterra gained a Ground typing to keep an edge over Empoleon. For the pig, Poison would be the most plausible, but most would agree that Ground, Dark, or even Steel (which I hope for) are more likely to end up as its secondary typing than Poison.

Basically, the starters must be able to use a STAB move with SE results on the starter that they had an advantage over from the beginning.

I'd like to see Legendaries of types that hadn't been assigned to one yet, barring Arceus and his many plates. Particularly if they're uber. I can think of a good one, just for the heck of it:

Name: Machmonk (IDK)
Description: It has lived along in the mountains for thousands of years, slowly honing its skills until it has become the champion of all martial arts.
Type: Fighting
Base Stats:
120 HP
165 ATK
100 DEF
120 SPA
90 SPD
125 SPEED
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: He'd get a wide array of both physical and special moves, including Close Combat, The Elemental Punches, Some new good physical dark or ghost typed move, swords dance, and Zen Headbutt. On the Special End he'd get Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Thunder, Fire Blast, and Calm Mind.. A fighting-typed kick-butt Uber!!
You know that this Uber has 720 BP in total right? That's 20 more than Arceus... I think that also this one would get banned from the Ubers list... just like Arceus....

Arceus has 720 BP total, actually.

I think a legendary fighting-type would most likely be Attack-oriented, with something like 105/135/95/80/100/125 for its base stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)