Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. this is definitely not Pokemon anymore..

Do I love the new shit? Yes. But still, the simplicity and old-school Pokemon are done.
I think that that was already gone at the 3rd generation... if not... then 4th gen. for sure!

@Gary, you forgot that Zekrom also looks like Palkia, atleast IMO

He looks like Metal Gear Ray to be exact, and that's not a great thing. Especially not for Pokemon. I dunno. These two may have to grow on me. Latias and Latios never did.
I think it's a great thing. :p

They don't have to part flying, they could always just be given the ability levitate.

Since many people have been speaking about NEW types(Although it has been only "Light")...

How about Triple typing on a pokemon D:?

How about that? I would like the idea, but I don't think it's gonna work because Reshiram doesn't look man-made, it has too much feathers...
The feathers are rather streamed lined though. In this region we've already since huge city's with cars so I think it's really in the realm of possibility.

Wow.. this is definitely not Pokemon anymore..

Do I love the new shit? Yes. But still, the simplicity and old-school Pokemon are done.
These are only the legendaries though which have gotten more ridiculous every gen, it was coming a mile away. I don't think the simplicity of Pokemon is gone at all, if you ask me the starters and Zorua (maybe not Zoroark) could easily fit in with the designs from the original games.

I'm absolutely in love with Reshiram, it looks amazing. Zekrom's pretty cool too but I don't like the colour.

The feathers are rather streamed lined though. In this region we've already since huge city's with cars so I think it's really in the realm of possibility.
Oh well, we'll see it in Semptember of this year, or if Nintendo/GF is releasing anything more about it, then we'll see it earlier. Time will tell.

I finally figured out how to extract from the japanese swf and here we go, official proper sized images and ds covers.

My god. They look intimidating for once, and way more god-like than even Arceus.

DO WANT

Hm. First post? I thought I posted before. Oh well. Hi Smogon!

To me, they both look like Yu-Gi-Oh cards, especially Zekrom, but I'm sure I'll end up liking them eventually. I think I like Reshiram better because of the snout and the less crazy looking tail, so I'll probably get Black. Also, some people have mentioned that they have RAM and ROM in their names and that they think that that means they're manmade but no one has mentioned that RAM and ROM are both ways of storing data on a computer. So then, maybe these Pokemon will have to do with data more than simply technology. (No, I'm not talking about turning Pokemon into Digimon.) Also, does anyone know of something that would fit with RAM/ROM for the third legendary?

How on earth did they get away with Reshiram's 'feathers' in-between it's legs. They should know my now parents are INSANE about censorship these days.

Reshiram and Zakrom are epic failures. They don't look OR sound anything like Pokemon. They look like YuGiOh monsters and sound like Gundam characters or something...

Epic Fail.

They're way too detailed and have freaky names. Horrible legends. I have no more hope for Generation 5...

Oh, and is the white one for Black version and the black one is actually for White version?

Oh, and Reshiram is the new Palkia.

To me, they both look like Yu-Gi-Oh cards, especially Zekrom, but I'm sure I'll end up liking them eventually. I think I like Reshiram better because of the snout and the less crazy looking tail, so I'll probably get Black. Also, some people have mentioned that they have RAM and ROM in their names and that they think that that means they're manmade but no one has mentioned that RAM and ROM are both ways of storing data on a computer. So then, maybe these Pokemon will have to do with data more than simply technology. (No, I'm not talking about turning Pokemon into Digimon.) Also, does anyone know of something that would fit with RAM/ROM for the third legendary?
GINJAHEARZ? (GHz)

@Galactic Boss Cyrus Zekrom has more a Palkia-look instead of Reshiram, Reshiram is more looking like a Lugia or something... or Ho-Oh.

Reshiram looks like a Garchomp, that's had babies with a Ninetales, and that Ninetales was raised in by a group of Slowbro... Or possibly it just had a "Shelder" bite it on the tail...
Zekrom looks like a ridiculously pissed off dinosaur, because someones painted him black...
Do you reckon that the colours now will be the final colours? As i wouldn't mind a bit of variation tbh.

Oh, and is the white one for Black version and the black one is actually for White version?

Yeah, the Red Eyes Black Dragon is going to be in White Version, and the Blue Eyes White Dragon is going to be in Black Version.

I'm referring to them by Yu-Gi-Oh card names, since they're definitely not Pokemon and this reveal is some kind of horrible mix-up between the two franchises. I'm sure they'll have it sorted out soon.

Reshiram and Zakrom are epic failures. They don't look OR sound anything like Pokemon. They look like YuGiOh monsters and sound like Gundam characters or something...

Epic Fail.

They're way too detailed and have freaky names. Horrible legends. I have no more hope for Generation 5...

You're right. Detail is bad. Simplicity is king!

Epic Fail.

I don't think they're too detailed at all. It's not the simplistic design of staryu but it's not gen 4 detailed which thought was a bit over the top.

Palkia's head just looked like a dick. Reshiram confirmed to be the first anatomically correct Pokemon ever, aside from Castform.

Oh, and new Light type officially 95% confirmed. We know Zekrom is Dark, and White/Black is Light/Dark, so it would only make sense to have Reshiram Light, since he doesn't even look Psychic, and Normal also wouldn't make any sense.

I think Light and Dark will also be super effective against each other.

Palkia's head just looked like a dick. Reshiram confirmed to be the first anatomically correct Pokemon ever, aside from Castform.

Oh, and new Light type officially 95% confirmed. We know Zekrom is Dark, and White/Black is Light/Dark, so it would only make sense to have Reshiram Light, since he doesn't even look Psychic, and Normal also wouldn't make any sense.

I think Light and Dark will also be super effective against each other.
I have to agree with you on that. It would be awesome to have a Light type and even though I didn't use to be apologist of that idea, it's starting to make sense to me since I saw the 5th gen legends.

How do YOU define what is 'Pokemon-like', then? It's common sense that images and details are going to change over the years, hoping for them to stay in 1st gen's version of simplicity is naivity.

I'm personally a fan of these, so screw it. ;D

How do YOU define what is 'Pokemon-like', then? It's common sense that images and details are going to change over the years, hoping for them to stay in 1st gen's version of simplicity is naivity.

I'm personally a fan of these, so screw it. ;D
Haters shouldn't come here and hate, they just shouldn't watch these topics

Epic Fail.

We've only seen 6 pokemon for this gen. Quit being so dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)