Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering how Basurao will fit into the inner strength/inner beauty theme. . .maybe it has inner happiness or inner peace?

apparently the "plant owl", wakoshi, and the emonga sprite are fake. Just to clear things up emonga itself is not fake just the sprite for it

Yes, the future doesn't look too optimistic for Pokabu's evolutions, but we don't know what changes BW will bring. It would be rare for GF to make a starter NU in its debut generation - even Sceptile and Torterra made it to OU and UU respectively. That said I can't really see how it will function, if it's Fire/Dark Sucker Punch would be useful, but I have this suspicion Pokabu's evo will be a slightly better version of Flareon...
Hint: Gamefreak doesn't really pay attention to the competitive metagame.

I highly doubt they tailor the starters in such a way that they will be guaranteed to be OU/UU in the competitive metagame. That would require brilliant insight into metagame trends that most people who play all the time probably don't even have. Starters as a rule generally have better than average stats and decent movepools. That is why they are generally good Pokemon to use in the metagame. However Fire type is now a really terrible type. While the last two Fire Pokemon had a great secondary typing to help deal with their Rock weakness Pokabu might not. They aren't likely to give him a rock resistant secondary type just so he can be useful in a scene most of the player base knows nothing about.

IDK to beleive the pokejungle thing from an appearant tester although most of it is what I hoped for they were incorrect on the arm thing as seen on serebii. Unfortunately it seems like an all or nothing kind of deal. On the other hand the original post stated that it SEEMED to not have arms or legs. Thereby indicating that the demo player was unsure or might have missed it giving hope to a high attacking water fighting type. Then again if fake they can give hope the pig and his nitro charge

yeah, i agree w/ obbsessed. alot of cool pokemon have ended up uu or worse, some of the most idiotic pokemon have been in ou (starmie, smeargle, breloom)

I disagree that gamefreaks has no cares about competitive battling especailly after diamond pearl and platinum releases. All the starters in the generation became competitively viable. Even dumb pokemon like biberal were given a some power through good abilities. I also notice how the dragon line seems to constantly get better. Dragonite < Salamence < Garchomp which shows at least and effort to create viable pokemon and almost out due thier pasts games. Granted if this continues the uber metagame will see a larger influx in pokemon. It has also had me thinking about what the new pseudo will be like. Even stronger then Garchomp? They have also made leaps and strides in VCG competitiveness. Finally I would be very surprised if GF did not know about or even checks out smogon as we are an part of thier selling audience. I mean getting new little kids is easy but keeping the older ones that have played since red and blue is difficult unless you can give them what they want. Finally as satchmo Breloom is a BAMF

I agree about Breloom being a total BAMF and you did bring a good point about their interest in their buyers,but I think they would be looking at the japanese pokesites if they are looking at competitive sites at all.

ok, ill give you breloom, it's looks just dont apeal to me i guess. but what about pokemon like luxray & toxicroak? the psychotic, "lovable" toad's stats are sub-par, it still a beast against rain, but its move pool lacks a bit. and how do they give luxray 120 atk w/ no good stab physical outside of spark&thunder fang? and yet starmie, the beast of the world, is a purple star. maybe some pokes they do look for competetive battling aspects, especially w/ wifi, but others they need to work on. (though, come BW, luxray may jump in usage... I hope)

I don't think Gamefreak checks smogon specifically, seeing as this is an English site. I think that they naturally know what they're doing when it comes to creating powerful Pokemon. They are bound to notice trends and stereotypes. That way, they can build their Pokemon around them.

I wouldn't be surprised. It's their passion, or at least it should be. They have every right to play and enjoy the game.

There are, or at least should be, in-house playtesters, so at the very least they have that.

so then where do pokemon like chatot, cherrim, cacturne(T.T but why?) and rampardos come in? do they make them thinking they have some battling use(Cherrim), make them gimmicky (Chatot & Cherim), or are they just great ideas gone terribly wrong(*sniff* rampardos & cacturne T.T)

I stick by my opinion that Gamefreak isn't knowledgeable enough to specifically make a Pokemon OU.

Regigigas was clearly not meant to be a shitty Pokemon. Garchomp likely was not made to be Uber. Scizor was probably not given Bullet Punch for the sole purpose of making it OU.

They might make some moves/abilities more powerful, because they know a competitive scene exists. However, I highly doubt they are knowledgeable enough to make a Pokemon specifically for the OU metagame. In fact that would be impossible because the metagame changes constantly. What works now won't work by the time Black and White are released.

It is silly to think that Pokabu will end up getting a great secondary typing/stat spread just because a starter has never been below UU in its debuting generation. They likely do not tailor the starters for a specific metagame. They just give them a generally above average stat spread and a decent movepool.

Mijumaru has a high attack stat, hell yes. Shell Blade is a Water-type Crush Claw, which may not have a lot of power but it does lower the target's defense 50% of the time. To say the least, it has its uses over Waterfall (75 power, 95 accuracy, 50% lower defense vs. 80 power, 100 accuracy, 20% flinch).

Pokabu has high HP and attack and low defense, go figure. Nitro Charge is physical with 50 power and 100% accuracy, chance of raising speed. It would have reminded me of Charge Beam but the accuracy is perfect.

Tsutaja is special based, again, we already figured. Grass Mixer is a Grass-type Octazooka, which won't see much use at all.

Tabunne is fucking cool, I wish it was something other than Normal-type though.

Basurao will hopefully evolve into something like Gyarados or Milotic as opposed to Seaking. It has Aqua Jet, so hopefully its evolution has a high attack stat to abuse it with.

Darumakka is really cool, how it retracts its limbs to look like an actual daruma doll.

yeah i think it would be a bit of a stretch to say they purposely make garchomp&salamence overbroken, or that scizor would become more popular just because bullet punch. but i still think that they have some idea of a competetive battling community, so they would try to make as many pokemon as possible vialble for something like it, even if it goes to far... or not far enough(T.T Cacturne...Why?)

Pokabu has high HP and attack and low defense, go figure. Nitro Charge is physical with 50 power and 100% accuracy, chance of raising speed. It would have reminded me of Charge Beam but the accuracy is perfect.

Tsutaja is special based, again, we already figured. Grass Mixer is a Grass-type Octazooka, which won't see much use at all.
Hmm Pokabu is starting to sound like Snorlax. (Fat, high HP, high attack, low defense)

Tsutaja sounds like a Sceptile ripoff. I really wish they had focused on Attack.

Actually it would be great if they made Pokabu fast. I want his final evolution to have low defenses partially mitigated by a very high base HP, a very good base speed, and a very good base HP.

1. Ah great, I love those new things [don't know what to call them, facts?] that came out in Pokebeach and Pokejungle.
2. But of course, Tsutaja is left out :( Oh well, hope they can get the stats for him soon. EDIT: I also hope he is a physical Sceptile...
3. I thought Grass Mixer and Nitro Charge were gonna have like 10 more in power though..
4. Now I have to keep reading the info and wait for the Black Document :)

but im more eager to see what wargle or wooguru can do. assuming its atk is between 110-120 and speed is 100-120, and encourage negates recoil, im hoping for access to brave bird, double edge, sword dance, eartquake, and if its really overbroke, dragon claw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)