Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sturdy now became pretty awesome. And as couple posters back suggested, maybe Illuminate will be Intimidate for sp.attack? (Hey, the names are even kinda similar lol) Seems like they're trying to make useless abilities useful again :D

So Sturdy is now an automatic Focus Sash? Don't any of you realize what this means?

I present FEARon, the never-before-possible FEAR Aron!

Aron @Custap Berry
Sturdy
Level 1
Endeavor
Iron Head

Since Sturdy fulfills the role of Focus Sash, Aron is now free to use another item. Namely, Custap Berry. Custap Berry makes Aron go first when it's HP is that low, basically replacing the priority move! Granted, it's as gimmicky as any other FEAR Pokemon, but I just thought I'd mention it. I'm sure some of you out there like this sort of strategy.

So Sturdy is now an automatic Focus Sash? Don't any of you realize what this means?

I present FEARon, the never-before-possible FEAR Aron!

Aron @Custap Berry
Sturdy
Level 1
Endeavor
Iron Head

Since Sturdy fulfills the role of Focus Sash, Aron is now free to use another item. Namely, Custap Berry. Custap Berry makes Aron go first when it's HP is that low, basically replacing the priority move! Granted, it's as gimmicky as any other FEAR Pokemon, but I just thought I'd mention it. I'm sure some of you out there like this sort of strategy.
It is a funny strategy, really. Sounds "good" alongside the Cleffa-Endeavor things, heh. We'll have to wait for the movepool changes, though- imagine both Sturdy Aron and the Endeavor Cleffas getting a priority move. Suddenly, this strategy is more viable than ever.

Aron should actually get Bullet Punch... not only would it make FEARon even more viable, but Aggron would be a lot more scary.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I wonder if when you're at 1 hp with Sturdy then pull a Rest+chesto combo if Sturdy will activate again?

What is that picture with piplup saying?

I love and hope for new eeveelutions and abilities.

I like how that fixed sturdy up but I do have a few questions like if stealth rocks plays breaks it and if a pokemon recovers back to full health can they use it again (I assume both to be true as they are similar mechanics to stealth rocks but who knows)

Hydration Vaporeon is nice, but that makes Wish/Hydration illegal =/

I'm hoping for Herbivore Leafeon
I'd imagine that Hydration Vaporeon would carry Rest instead. It'll probably have less emphasis on defense and certainly won't be using BP. Maybe that high Sp.Atk stat will finally see some proper use?

This sort of sucks

• Berries do NOT grow in the Isshu Region, they only appear in the Dream World
Anyone else loving the battle subway? Even though it just sounds like a battle tower replacement its going to be nice having something different. I wonder if you will be able to see trains passing by in the battle background... that would just be epic, but i doubt they would make the battle animated scenery that nice.

EDIT: does anyone else think dento may be a bug gym leader? something about his hair screams bug type to me... and maybe the new anime girl is based of a game character? she reminds me of dora the explorer...

WHOAFUCK.

TMs DO NOT DISAPPEAR AFTER USE.

Oh fuck, that's just...that's just...oh man...I am disappoint.

One of the best bits the games had was the rarity of TMs and their one-use-only status. Having em as reusable takes the fun out of it, now that we can simply obtain Earthquake and teach it to everything that gets it, rather than getting it and pondering who can best use it.

WHOAFUCK.

TMs DO NOT DISAPPEAR AFTER USE.

Oh fuck, that's just...that's just...oh man...I am disappoint.

One of the best bits the games had was the rarity of TMs and their one-use-only status. Having em as reusable takes the fun out of it, now that we can simply obtain Earthquake and teach it to everything that gets it, rather than getting it and pondering who can best use it.
WHAT!? *spits out orange juice* O_O

Thats just amazing... 100+ for GF! wow 5th gen is looking to be the best so far for in game improvements. finally useful things.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
"TMs will no longer expire after one use - you can use them as many times as you want, like HMs!"

BEST. NEWS. EVER!

Wow, last night I was considering posting how Sturdy might prevent the OHKO of those Pokemon with ANY move, just like Focus Sash. Then I thought it would be too powerful, and low and behold, Gamefreak does it. Well Forretress, Skarmory, Steelix, and Donpha just got that much harder to kill. Not to mention all those poor Rock / Steel Pokemon now have a good ability to work with, along with Golem.

EDIT: TMs no longer expire :O. That's amazing, Wifi battling will be MUCH easier this time around.

@ Raverist: You still have to find the TMs in the first place, or earn them by beating the Gym Leader.

EDIT: Dragonite for Thick Fat in Dream World pl0x.

Didn't they say a while back that they would give away an eeveelution for how well you did on the minigames at the Game demo? There was some shit like that on Serebii, I never understood what it meant though.

"TMs will no longer expire after one use - you can use them as many times as you want, like HMs!"

BEST. NEWS. EVER!
I've waited 5 generations to hear this! This will make Pokemon more accessible to kids and will make it MUCH easier for me to build my teams!

I'm a bit worried that the seasons thing may be gimmicky and annoying. I don't want to have to constantly change the seasons manually and most likely be told off for doing so, like in animal crossing...

I'm a bit worried that the seasons thing may be gimmicky and annoying. I don't want to have to constantly change the seasons manually and most likely be told off for doing so, like in animal crossing...
There will be a gimmick Pokémon, like Munna's evolution, except Legendary, that can change the season. Mark my words. Or maybe... we don't have any Legendary Pokémon representing seasons, do we? Maybe we won't have a Legendary Trio this time... I'm pushing for a quartet!

Wait, so if TMs won't disappear, then will we be able to delete HMs like normal moves? I mean, the only 2 differences is that all HMs have overworld uses, and can't be deleted without the move deleter.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wait, so if TMs won't disappear, then will we be able to delete HMs like normal moves? I mean, the only 2 differences is that all HMs have overworld uses, and can't be deleted without the move deleter.
Doubtful. The whole reason that you can't delete HM moves is because they have overworld uses.

I don't think so. The reason you can't delete HM moves is so you don't get stuck somewere (I think!) xD

edit: Beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)