Pokeballs and Cheesesteaks: A Philly VGC 2012 Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Biffster, Me, Cybertron)

Pokeballs and Cheesesteaks: A Philly VGC 2012 Warstory

What's up Smogon? I'd really like to say that my time in Philly last weekend was one of the best times I've ever had in my life. I really love when the whole Pokemon community comes together and plays the game that they enjoy.

I've been wanting to go to one of these tournaments since I saw some videos of the VGC 2011 Regionals.

My Team:

My Matches:

Match #1: Me
vs
? ?

He opened up with Metagross and Thundurus. Prankster Thunder-Waved my Latios which got 3 parahaxes on it, which made it take a while to get my Draco Meteor and KO the Thundurus. I predicted he would use Thunder Wave on Hitmontop so I went into Gastrodon cause it's immune to it. In the end, it was my Latios and his Metagross. I got one parahax and he used Meteor Mash (And got the attack raise), so I wasn't gonna survive for much longer. Besides the hax, it was an epic first game.

--Matches under construction, I need to remember a lot of this stuff =P

Pros:
- Getting to meet a ton of Smogonites
- Only getting haxed two matches
- Getting 3-4
- Talking to Biffster, DTrain, and some other guys for 2 hours before the Tournament
- Discussing Pokemanz :D
- Eating good food
- Caffeine.

Cons:

- Getting haxed two matches
- Losing the first two battles that I would of won w/o hax :(
- Huge delay for masters.

Hey Sevrah! Nice to run into you at Philly! Did you remember anything about your other matches? I should have brought a note pad. It would be so much easier if the game cart let you save more than just one battle! It doesn't seem like the replay would take up a lot of memory. Did you save any of your battles to upload?

Hey Sevrah! Nice to run into you at Philly! Did you remember anything about your other matches? I should have brought a note pad. It would be so much easier if the game cart let you save more than just one battle! It doesn't seem like the replay would take up a lot of memory. Did you save any of your battles to upload?
It was great to see you too! =)

One of the battles I had is on Kaphotics battle thread.

Also, I was at boarding school all week so I didn't have time to add all the other battles. I plan to do it soon, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)