Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My view on the starters types as of second evo

Chespin: Rock/Grass ( Rock type really plays well with the whole armor pokemon thing and mus shot though being ground type can still be learned by rock types so that's chespin)

Fennekin:physcic/Fire ( you can really see it being based on a witch with its broom tail and fur dress also he learns to many physcic moves to not be physic)

Froakie: water/flying ( I bold flying because I'm not really sure gamefreak would do that but his cloud like bubbles and wispy demeanour just strike me as a flying type)

Also he likes the T-Rex fossil and garchomps new badass scythe hands
Yay someone is thinking the exact same way as me, support the floating frog!!! http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/6130/qz2q.jpg

Relating to the littleo evolutions did anybody else think that it looks like the lion from the spectrobes game. I think if it ended up being like the final evolution of that thing well have a pretty awesome pokemon to play with.

sorry thats theres no image i cant get it to work

Relating to the littleo evolutions did anybody else think that it looks like the lion from the spectrobes game. I think if it ended up being like the final evolution of that thing well have a pretty awesome pokemon to play with.

sorry thats theres no image i cant get it to work
I'm not one to meander and make posts that even I can see are useless, but...
(look for the bolded text)
Oh
my
sweet baby Jesus.

I finally got the chance to write something, I'm very glad that most everything has been discussed and understood at this point, but THAT DOESN'T STOP ME!!!
-I'm intrigued at the starter evolutions, especially since none of them look quite as organic as Servine, Pignite and Dewott. I think this is a good thing, because I like seeing 3 stage Pokémon where the middle stage doesn't look exclusively like the teen years of the basic form (though they all kind of look like teens still). Hariboogu is SO CUTE. It looks like a throw pillow that doubles as a mace, and Chespin's goofy cheeriness is apparently timeless. Just look at that smile X3. What I like about Teeruna(Tailunar?) is the devotion to Fennekin's fluff(the biological information, not the ear hair). Fennekin already has an obsession with twigs, as we were told that she likes to eat them and carry extras around for later snacking. Now, her favorite snack has become a part of her evolved form as it looks to be used as a wand, or some sort of dowsing device to heighten her latent psychic powers. Also, the ruffled fur around her neck and waist makes me think of Kiki's delivery service and other young witches, for somereason. Gekogashira reminds me of Sasuke from Naruto before the shippuden saga, which bugs me a bit. However, I want to see it in action before I start passing it off.

MegaMewtwo-X (or I guess MMX, if that and MMY are commonplace yet) is another great interpretation on modern mutant-monsters. I'm impressed by the added bands/cords around his extremities, but I don't get Gamefreak's obsession with a curled tip. MMX's tail and MMY's hair both end in a little curled coif, it looks so inoffensive XD.

When I saw MegaGarchomp at first, I went "woah, that looks pretty mega". I kind of wish they would have added something more interesting to its back, though. Looking at it during battle must be devastatingly boring.

Torimian was the only Pokémon besides Chespin that I was dying to have ever since...well, last week when the Easter egg was discovered. I got such a strong vibe from it, I could feel that it was going to have some game importance. And wouldn't you know it, IT DOES. Turns out, it's an untrimmed poodle(amazaaaah) that you can take to get groomed(two of its styles work for this year's Fall fashion, yay!) Nyaonikusu(which I guess is Espurr) actually makes me think of Espers in varying continuities just by their color schemes, hair and calculated poses. They're like Precure fairis with a serious demeanor, they're so perfect! Chigorasu's ability excites me for the sake of gameplay, but I'm sketchy on the competitive use of Crunch with a power up, and Amarusu, while not spectacular in the type matchups, kind of makes up for it with it's ability. Assuming it has access to ANY of the viable Normal moves, it's evolved form may have it's uses (can you imagine an Ice type Explosion? omigod, I'm almost hoping that it gets Explosion). One more note on the fossil Pokémon; they both remind me of Spectrobes.
-Also, Litleo's evolution's profile shot pleases me greatly. Yay for aesthetic appeal!
(It also reminds me of Spectrobes)
I'm a bit disappointed in the Fairy type matchups, but I was quietly dreading it when I got to thinking that they picked Pokémon and movesets that could only hit Fairy types for neutral damage during that expo with the Politoed vs Sylveon fiasco. I was kind of hoping that it would interact with more of the elemental attributes (Fire, Water, Grass, Flying, Rock, Ground, Electric) instead of being another heavy applied type that gets mixed in with Psychic, Fighting and Dark. Even having/giving some resistances to Rock, Flying or so on would have made it feel more "right", but maybe they wanted it to look a little more meta and only give it interactions with seven different types -sigh-
-However, I do believe that, because of the updated type chart, Gengar will remain in OU with little effort. I don't believe that Dark types are automatically worse because of their falling prey to Fairy-types, but how many people really want to use Dark-types regularily at this point simply because they're Dark-types when Gengars already fear other Gengars?

Moving on from that and going into the plot related stuff, I wanna know a little more about this actress, Karen. Does she sponsor this boutique where you can change your clothes? Is she any more important after beating her in a battle and gaining access to changing your outfit(she certainly looks like it)? Team Flare's five bosses...I feel like that should come from a strong political/religious basis, but I can't pinpoint anything with five principles/generals/rules/hooplahs. Maybe there are five unwritten rules to looking beautiful? I wanna know what they're doing here...

tl;dr- I grade this leak with a 93/100. My buzz hasn't fallen in the slightest -^.^-
You, sir, thought this was too long, and didn't read it.
However, I think you're thinking of Leopuba

Who evolves into Leozar

On the topic of Pyroar, I went to IGN and they claim that Nintendo's description of it is that is has "a great mane of burning flames"
So I guess it's Ponyta, but with fur. Or it's mane snaps and crackles with fire?
The very first screenshot I saw, the fur above the base of its tail made me think that it had a bobbed tail, because the actual tail was nowhere in the image. For a minute, I thought "well now nobody can speculate about a stinger tail anymore XD"
They also made a big deal about how it can learn Echoed Voice. It's nothing new for the marketing team to just pick a technique and go "It looks AWESOME when THIS Pokémon uses it!", and I guess it makes sense, because all lions have phd's in roaring

Last edited:
Well there goes that single Fire type lion Fakemon I made, I s'pose.

.. Not like it was particularly original to begin with.

So what's with all the half Normal types? That used to be fairly rare, barring a combination with Flying, but it's everywhere now! Is it to compensate for how many old Normal types are going to be turned Fairy?

Last edited:
The level of intelligence in this thread compared to every other place that I visit discussing XY is Too Damn High. Faith restored in humanity.

Weirdest thing/best thing for me about Gen VI is that I will actually buy the official guidebooks for a game for the first time since Pokemon Yellow. I know nothing about the Kalos Pokemon. I know no numbers. My favorite type combo, Fire/Flying, is finally on a non-legendary bird. I am psyched as all hell.

EDIT: Sorry, Charizard, but I'm not really a fan of leezards. :p

One thing that interests me and I haven't seen brought up - how does the improvement of Fire as a Defensive Type bode for all defensively built Fires that have languished for years and years? Fire's benefiting both from resisting fairy and resisting the now much more prominent Steel offense. Even though I didn't like having Fire/Fighting three times in a row, that was mostly because I thought Emboar (and the other two Unova starters) was mechanically designed in a superficial way. I'm sure that they're not all magically shooting up to OU, but I feel like the defensive and wall-built Fire types are a little bit more interesting and have a bit more legitimacy now in all aspects of play.
Agreed, i can see official guides going like hot cakes. This will be a rare moment where we dont know stats etc and we will have to test things out through trial and error.

Beauty can sometimes be imperfection.

Most fairy retypes are getting fairy type ADDED on, though, and not replaced. Normal is becoming more common, which I like. Normal is a great in-game STAB to have, though you really need a secondary typing as well.

Checklist: #30days

Ditto.
As many Eevee's as possible.
One adult ticket for hype train.
Gardevior and the rest who get fairy.
Arceus -for fairy plate.
Official guide book.
Redbull.
3D glasses.
Marker pen.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just to clear up some confusion I saw a while back, the FEMALE meowstick is the attacker while the MALE is the supporter. I understand that it's easy to mix them up, but please, GF didn't want these 2 to fall into stereotypes, obviously.
what about the stereotype where the man in a couple is a pussy(cat)?

Okay I'm just going to get this out.

No where

I repeat

NO WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT LITLEO HAS A STINGER.

The Alfalfa on the end of the tail is pointy more likely due to the cartoony nature of the design. Sure, it's not bushy and it's not textured to feature individual hairs, but a lot of things in Pokemon don't have textures. Take the dragons for example. See any scales on them? Dragonite even has the ability Marvel Scale for Arceus sake and there's no texture in sight.

Am I saying that a fire/posion lion wouldn't be awesome? No, not at all. But I just don't think it's happening guys. All I really wanna get across here is that it most likely isn't a stinger, and you shouldn't go around saying it is like it's confirmed.

We should have a fire/poison manticore, just not this one. Also, having poison-ish traits or toxins does not mean poison-type, IE Houndoom

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It really isn't that hard to understand. When Litleo was first revealed, many of us noticed the tail looked like a stinger and therefore hoped for a Fire/Poison manticore evolution.

Turns out, it's just a tail. Pyroar is not going to evolve again, so I'd appreciate it if everyone would stop discussing it. Our predictions were wrong--end of story. Any future posts dealing with Fire/Poison manticores will be deleted on the grounds of baseless speculation. :/

Sorry for the derail, guys, I was just joking around and failing. I'll shushup now.

Regarding the new type chart: I'm sure I'm reading the one on Serebii wrong; Fighting is NVE against Fairy, and Fairy is SE against Fighting, right?

How so? Sammurots and Emboars suck. I mean, Emboars wouldn't be so bad if he was faster, but you'd just be doing the opponent a favor and KOing yourself after they've damaged you.
Contrary is amazing, and Reckless Emboar is certainly better than Blaze Emboar. Seriously, Contrary Leaf Storm is 140 BP STAB Nasty Plot. Serperior is already fast and has decent bulk, so it should be at least UU when it comes out. Also, Gatr gets Sheer Force (eventually). It sounds like fairy and ghost will dominate OU, and Scizor will get even better with Bullet Punch being SE on most fairies.

Sorry for the derail, guys, I was just joking around and failing. I'll shushup now.

Regarding the new type chart: I'm sure I'm reading the one on Serebii wrong; Fighting is NVE against Fairy, and Fairy is SE against Fighting, right?
Correct. I always found the Serebii one weird to read for some reason...

EDIT: This may be an easier read for ya, BTW.

To people saying Fenniken won't be a witch because Mismagius already is, it's not like there hasn't been a fire fox before, either.
Agreed. And it seems like Fennekin has a wand or some kind of accessory item. And, you know, limbs. The two are already drastically different pokemon and would even have different, somewhat opposing types.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No one said Fennekin wouldn't be a witch because Mismagius is. I'm the only person who brought up Mismagius and I only used it illustrate the fact that having a witch Pokémon won't make Christian conservatives blow their metaphorical lids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)