Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually liking Slurpuff mostly because of it's resemblance to Quina from FF IX. If it learns Stockpile and Swallow, I'll definitely use it on my team.

So a korean trailer aired with korean versions of japanese clips including orotto!
crobatman;16469681 said:
Orotto's Korean name, 대로트 Daeroteu, is from:

대(大) dae: big, great
로트 roteu: English word "rot"

The fact that it uses 로트 roteu instead of 로토 roto (or 롯토 rotto) definitely lends credence to it being based on the English word "rot". Also, I'm sure that 大 also applies to its Japanese name, which (IIRC) one of its common nanori readings is おう ō.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...Orotto_.28likely_Japanese_name_meaning_too.29
(from serebiiforums)

Just thought it was neat to see the name in another language. Probably hints that his english name will involve "rot"

I think Malamar, the penguin pokemon, will be quite powerful. First, it's got a new type that hasn't been done yet, unless I'm forgetting anyone, Dark/Psychic, which is actually really good typing, since well the only bug moves are mega horn and u-turn. And on top of that it has Contrary, which if it has any move that lowers it's stats it gets a boost. Anyway, it mostly depends on its stats now.

But it is definitely going in my play through team, those nooby pokemon can growl me all they want xD

I think Malamar, the penguin pokemon, will be quite powerful. First, it's got a new type that hasn't been done yet, unless I'm forgetting anyone, Dark/Psychic, which is actually really good typing, since well the only bug moves are mega horn and u-turn. And on top of that it has Contrary, which if it has any move that lowers it's stats it gets a boost. Anyway, it mostly depends on its stats now.

But it is definitely going in my play through team, those nooby pokemon can growl me all they want xD
Its weak to fairy as well

ign review http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/0...view?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

shows off some stuff like megazard's menu sprite, doduo's new cry, and other little stuff. thought it was worth sharing
Thank for posting...man I can't wait. Can 8 days come quick enough.

Serebii have updated to say that event downloads are now region locked. Serial codes are interesting to, these could be handed to winners of
tournaments or lottery winners.

I think this is amazing as I've said it brings back the value to trading and region exclusives will make it interesting for say a VGC.

I do not know if this has been brought up, but it makes sense to me.

if we have a 2nd eevee evolution, wouldn't poison make the most sense?
with poison being made super effective on fairy, it would follow the introduction of espeon and umbreon as well as leafeon and glaceon.

and sludgeon would just be SO sick!

Serebii has confirmed :(

No items will have pokemon bank......dammit , i was willing to pass my relic items for money now pure money for true pokemon trained .

even the plates...people...to sell everything for have join avenue benefits in ev training and level up then :/

Last edited:
Now that starters evos are revealed. It's time to chill in this thread until release date. My attempt to be oblivious to all new pokemon have failed, but I'm still oblivious to most of them and a lot of the gameplay.

Trying to get back to my Pokemon Blue naive days.

Now that starters evos are revealed. It's time to chill in this thread until release date. My attempt to be oblivious to all new pokemon have failed, but I'm still oblivious to most of them and a lot of the gameplay.

Trying to get back to my Pokemon Blue naive days.
Time to disconnect from the matrix. I dont want to be SPOILed.

Last edited:
Mega Charizard X's stats are shown next to the same individual in normal form there! Someone could probably calc the base stats from that. Its attack, defense, and special attack all go up. Its base stat total is definitely way over 600, probably close to that of the box legendaries.

IGN confirmed the return of flat battling. I'm sure we're all happy to see this after the loss from gen 5.

EDIT: Showing the No restriction on team size, because that's the most important part.

flat battles are like the ones from pokemon battle revolution (aka PBR), right? if so then thats great cuz it got annoying real quick last gen not being able to have multiple pokemon hold the same item.

Awesome, flat battles are coming back, and we can finally have 6-Pokemon battles instead of bring-6-use-3! In the past I've wanted to do actual wifi battling but I've never had the patience to grind 6 mons up to level 100...

Mega Charizard X's stats are shown next to the same individual in normal form there! Someone could probably calc the base stats from that. Its attack, defense, and special attack all go up. Its base stat total is definitely way over 600, probably close to that of the box legendaries.
It's still not possible to know the exact base stats since it somewhat depends on which nature it has. It also depends partially on IVs and EVs since it is below level 100. I'm ignoring IVs and EVs in these calculations since the difference will give a maximum deviation of 1-2 base stat-points.

Base Atk: 126-135
* With (+Atk) nature: 126 base Atk
* With (-Atk) nature: 135
* With (neutral) nature: 130

Base Def: 111-118
* (+Def) nature: 111
* (-Def) nature: 118
* (neutral) nature: 114

Base SAtk: 130-133
* (+SAtk) nature: impossible becuse 0/0 Charizard has a minimum of 132 SAtk at lv. 53. It only had 131 SAtk in footage
* (-SAtk) nature: 133
* (neutral) nature: 130

Base stats M-Charizard X: 78/126-135/111-118/130-133/85/100

BST: 633-642

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)