Discovery Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Save Data Corruption Discussion (Update 1.2.0 Bug)

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I have had my save file deleted from installing the update that i had downloaded on Saturday and i don't even think it would be from my micro SD card since it was a nintendo branded one (the 200 something GB one). Im so upset that i had updated it and purchased the DLC in the same timeframe from when i booted up the game after it downloaded the 1.2.0 update and then purchased the DLC before i had went to bed and got on just today after a couple days of work and found my save data deleted and had to restart my whole game from scratch when i had a shiny fuecoco that was evolved into a skeledirge. Man I've basically spent 175 plus hours on the game just to have it deleted.....seriously thinking game freak should at least try helping out the players who have had that problem happen. Its so frustrating to have however many hours invested and then just boot up the game and then witness that you have to redo everything you've accomplished in the game all because of an update patch issue.......im seriously regretting getting this game if i knew this was gonna be this bad just from downloading an update or hooking my account up to Pokémon Go or whatever originally caused this to happen. Im so fed up like its gut wrenching to have all my progress lost when i was so close to slowly getting every little item in the game with the help of a Paldea companion app i use to find out what Pokémon I'm missing or what kind of item i still needed to find.
A few things I want to take a look at with your situation:

1. Which error message did you get? Did you get the one saying "corrupted data was found", or did you get the one from the game itself saying your save data could not be recovered?

2. Have you pre-ordered the DLC via digital distribution yet or not, and if so, before or after downloading Version 1.2.0?

This line right here is what confuses me the most: "Im so upset that i had updated it and purchased the DLC in the same timeframe from when i booted up the game after it downloaded the 1.2.0 update and then purchased the DLC". Maybe I'm just mis-reading your message, but the way you worded this made it sound like you either A. downloaded the same update twice, or B. purchased the DLC on two separate occasions, once before the update and once after it.

I had gotten the message, the save data could not be recovered, and to explain what i did when i said i had downloaded the DLC. I had basically downloaded the update then purchased the DLC then went to bed after i booted up the game when the update was finished

Out of curiosity, have you already started a new file?

If you don't commit to that it might still be there, in which case I did hear that a possible fix was start a new profile (or use an existing second one) on the switch, starting & saving a new file through that profile and then going back to the original profile.
Which honestly sounds more like a game of telephone but like what else you got to lose at this point.

I have not started a new profile on my main account and have not tried starting on a second account since i have the digital download game and i dont think I would be able to play on the other profile since the other profile is not the original owner which would cause conflict on the system for trying to start the game which is owned by my main account

I have not started a new profile on my main account and have not tried starting on a second account since i have the digital download game and i dont think I would be able to play on the other profile since the other profile is not the original owner which would cause conflict on the system for trying to start the game which is owned by my main account
im able to start digital games with a second profile just fine, there's no issue.

im able to start digital games with a second profile just fine, there's no issue.
I haven't been able to do that for some reason...my Nintendo switch isn't modded to run custom homebrew or anything of that sort so it cant be that and my Switch is the registered main switch that i play on normally so it also cant be that (at least i don't think it can be). It just always gives me an error of "this user is not the primary holder of the license for this game, please use the primary license holder to start the game" idk why that happens every time i tried to create another account for my brothers to play on my switch (before the game came out)

I haven't been able to do that for some reason...my Nintendo switch isn't modded to run custom homebrew or anything of that sort so it cant be that and my Switch is the registered main switch that i play on normally so it also cant be that (at least i don't think it can be). It just always gives me an error of "this user is not the primary holder of the license for this game, please use the primary license holder to start the game" idk why that happens every time i tried to create another account for my brothers to play on my switch (before the game came out)
That's very unusual, but judging by that error it sounds like you have a second switch and you're using that weird sharing feature?
I don't have familiarity with that, so the stuff on how that interacts with profiles is a bit lost on me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)