Pokémon GO

the chance of shiny is (afaik) the same as it usually is; it's just pretty much the only way to get magikarp for people that don't live near water or a lucky nest. I don't think I'll ever get the big karp badge in the next decade at the current rate.
yeah the shiny chance is reportedly the same from normal karps. nothing super worthwhile, except guaranteed 66%+ lol

Hmm yeah, I have yet to find a shiny Karp.

Been in Japan for a while now and I have to say I am flabbergasted about the amount of people that play Pokémon GO here. Every raid, every gym, every corner there are people playing it. The game fully LIVES here. Age doesn't even matter, it literally ranges from 4 y/o to 60 y/o playing the game. Luckily we found ourselves a couple of Farfetch'd, so I'm very happy about that. Also caught a few legendaries in Tokyo :'D

And I thought downtown Wichita was prime real estate... with all the statues, murals, and historical buildings, I ended up with about 110 pokeballs after 4 days (not counting the ones I acquired and quickly used). Didn't manage to snag any eggs, though, which I was hoping to do after hatching three there.

something is defo broken with these golden razz drops... 3 raids today... got 2 from a t-tar raid, 2 legendary birds? not a single one.

Few updates, creds to Nysyr of the GO room on PS:

GO plus now spins gyms as it would a normal pokestop

Last Ball bug is fixed

enjoy!

Full update notes:

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.73.1 for Android and 1.43.1 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

• Added the ability for Trainers to spin the Photo Disc at a Gym using the Pokémon GO Plus accessory.
  • Added the ability to view the number of Trainers entered, and preparing, for a Raid Battle before using a Raid Pass.
  • Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality by allowing Trainers to search through their Pokémon’s moves using the @ character.
  • Resolved a bug which caused the Raid Boss to always break free from the last Premier Ball.
  • Resolved a bug that prevented Trainers from seeing they’d received double XP from Raid Battles when using a Lucky Egg.
  • Various bug fixes.
Source

better have some failsafes to prevent all raids being 0 players because EVERYONE isn't using the pass.

go+ spins gyms... \o/

Man, I've wasted so many passes.. And now they do this?! Oh well, better late than never.

EDIT: Anyone else on iOS experiencing a few seconds of black screen before PoGo starts up? If yes, does anyone know why this suddenly is?

Last edited:
More legendaries incoming!

Trainers,

Over the last several weeks, we’ve heard so many incredible stories of Trainers teaming up together around the world to catch Pokémon GO’s first Legendary Pokémon. We’re excited to keep the legendary adventures going!

Starting August 31, the Legendary Pokémon Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will begin appearing in Pokémon GO. Trainers worldwide can look forward to battling these Pokémon together with friends in Raid Battles for the chance to catch the trio of Legendary Pokémon originally from the Johto region. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will be traveling the world throughout the coming months. From August 31 to September 30, you can find these Legendary Pokémon in the following areas of the world:

• Raikou, an Electric-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Americas.
  • Entei, a Fire-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout Europe and Africa.
  • Suicune, a Water-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
On September 30, all three of these Legendary Pokémon will move to a different location and will be available for Trainers to battle with friends until October 31. They will make their final stop in the last remaining location on October 31. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will be available for this limited time period, so make sure to battle against them when they arrive at Gyms near you!

While these Legendary Pokémon are traveling the world, we’ll also begin an EX Raid Battle (formerly Exclusive Raid Battle) field-testing phase at select Gyms before the feature is made available globally. We have collected some valuable early feedback on the new EX Raid Battle feature and will look to further test and hone the experience through the feedback of the dedicated global Trainer community. During the field test, we’ll be making periodic adjustments to EX Raid eligibility requirements, frequency, times, locations, and durations with the goal of making the EX Raid Battle feature engaging, rewarding, and most importantly, fun for Trainers who regularly participate in Raid Battles.

The first EX Raid Passes will be sent out soon, and those invited will have an opportunity to try out the new system as early as September 6. Stay tuned for more updates as we launch the EX Raid Battle field test to more Gyms in the weeks ahead. We look forward to reading all your constructive feedback on our social media channels and encourage you to continue share your thoughts throughout the EX Raid Battle field test!

—The Pokémon GO team

Source

Game is completely unplayable atm for me and a lot of other players. Constant Network Errors, or nothing loads at all. It's as if the game is back in its first days again. Very sad for the people who still need one of the birds/Lugia and want to catch it today.

Yeah, the servers went down once this update was released. No need to worry, most things are back to normal again

Also, no black screen on loadup for me

Ehhh weird. It must have something to do with the new version, because this only started happening since yesterday.

You sure you don't have it? It's likst a few seconds of black screen right before the Niantic logo shows.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Really? They're implementing a pseudo-roaming mechanic for the Legendary Beasts? Oh, that should be fun, your continent waiting for its turn. At least it's for the entire continent and not specific locations (though why not have each one appear in a different continent instead of all the same)?

Now that makes me wonder what they'll do for other Legendaries with puzzle elements:

Titans (can we please settle on the name for these guys?) + Regigigas: You're alerted one is nearby and you have to do the actions the games have you do in the chamber to do the encounter. You have to walk zigzags to get Regirock, have to wait in one spot for two minutes for Regice, and walk in a circle a few times for Registeel. Than once you got all three you gotta encounter another Regice but just interacting with it will have it be a Regigigas.
Eon Duo: Half the players can only get Latios and half can only get Latias. In order to be able to encounter the other you'll need to battle the other from a Gym (or one-v-one battles if they ever introduce them). Your next Eon encounter will then be the other one, but after that it returns to being the one you default to.
Weather Trio: Can only catch Groudon on hot days, Kyogre AFTER rainy days, and after one of those days the next windy day will be a Rayquaza.
Deoxys (it was declassified as a Mythical): After a windy, rainy, or snowy day, the next nice night after the day it cleared will have Deoxys appear.
Lake Guardians: Only appear near PokeStops that represent their spirit: Uxie near libraries and museums, Mesprit near theaters and hospitals, and Azelf near monuments.
Creation Trio: Everyday Dialga & Palkia will randomly appear in random locations for one hour. The next day in a few of those spots a Giratina will appear.
Lunar Duo: Cresselia only catachable during full moon, Darkrai only during a new moon.
Heatran: During hot days may appear around a monument.
Swords of Justice: Eh, same as the Legendary Beasts. They don't really have a capturing gimmick.
Forces of Nature: Tornadus on a windy day, Thundurus AFTER a lightning storm, and after one of those days the next sunny day will be a Landorus.
Reshiram & Zekrom: Same thing as Eon Duo, though instead of only one encounter you switch over to encountering the other one all the time.
Kyurem: During Winter for a day AFTER a day of snowfall.
Xerneas & Yveltal: Xerneas during nice days in Spring & Summer, Yveltal during a windy day in Autumn & Winter.
Zygarde: After every Legendary encounter, there's a chance a Zygarde Cell or Core will appear. If its a Cell you just collect it like an item. If its a Core, depending on how many Cells you have can turn into 10% (if you have 10), 50% (if you have 50), or Complete (if you have 100). Note after each encounter you lose the Cells you collected. Maybe they could also introduce a way to change the ones you caught between forms via turning it back into a Core and giving it a number of Cells.
Guardian Deities: Eh, same as the Legendary Beasts. Only thing I can think of would involve Z-Move poses which I guess they can do with a camera, but nah.
Cosmog Line: Appears during cloudy days, some players more likely to find it during the day and others at night. What time of day you caught it will determine what it'll involve into: Solgaleo for daytime or Lunala for night. But that can be changed by having Cosmoem battle the other evolution, changing it to evolve into that one.
Necrozma: I say whatever they do for the Ultra Beasts would have Necrozma connected to that, like it may appear a day after in a location of an Ultra Beast encounter.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Weather-based mechanics would be nice... in places with stable weather. In Trondheim, we don't have sunny days as much as sunny half-hours. Same goes for rain. Wind can linger for a while, though.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Good speculations, I'd love it if they would implement those concepts for the Regis (triggered? Pikachu315111) and the Cosmog Line.

But how would they ever do that?
I was joking, honestly with how Pokemon GO is they should just be released as events for Raid Battles. All the things I described are possible because of GPS and I think it does track weather, but as Codraroll said this is not a viable option. The Beasts probably is as complicated as they can get without seriously hindering some people. If they want to do anything complicated maybe they can do an AR Puzzle thing?

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix my game?

It loads up fine and I can walk around and stuff but every time I tap a Pokemon to go and catch it, the game freezes and closes down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 3)